v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Content Editor Issue: uncheck requirements

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Content Editor Issue: uncheck requirements

Post by Moerit »

I noticed that there is a bug in the content editor.
It was while testing several conditions in the dialogues:

When I uncheck the "Player must fulfill requirements to select this reply"-box, the requirements dissapear. But when i export the code, the requirements are still in the code. I was really wondering what was wrong with my dialogues. Maybe someone could check, if the code in the content editor does really change after unchecking the "Player must fulfill requirements to select this reply"-box.

Its a nice feature that you can uncheck and check again without loosing the information written there, but maybe there is something wrong with the export function.
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
Moerit
VIP

Re: Content Editor Issue: uncheck requirements

Post by Moerit »

Please fix this!
Sorry for doublepost, but its really annoying creating content with this bug :(

edit: I tried it today with Internet explorer (usually i use mozilla firefox), same issue. This bug is really easy to reproduce.

If you want to make sure that it wont happend to you you have to klick on "remove requirement"!, the tick-option "Player must forfill requirements to select this reply" does not work effectively..
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Hello,

Just so I am sure I understand the issue, here is a screenshot of that section of the content editor: http://d.pr/i/yN26

So your suggestion is in addition to using the 'Remove this requirement button', which will as you found out remove the requirement. That unchecking the 'Players must fulfill requirements to select this reply' will also remove the requirement from the code when exported but not remove what you put in that 'require' field?

Let me know if I am close or way off base with what the issue is and how you would expect the editor to function.
Moerit
VIP

Post by Moerit »

sdevaney wrote:[...]That unchecking the 'Players must fulfill requirements to select this reply' will also remove the requirement from the code when exported [...]
Yes, you exactly understood what i tried to tell.
For me it was logical that when i uncheck the "Players must fulfill requirements to select this reply" the requirement definetly does not exist in the exported code.
sdevaney wrote:[...] but not remove what you put in that 'require' field? [...]
If it is possible to save my input during one session, that would be very awesome, but not neccessary (the "unchecked" requirements shall not appear in the exported code, i think that would lead to a pile of dead code).
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I agree that at export time, if the "Player must fulfill requirements" checkbox is unticked, the requirements should not be exported. They can be kept in the editor's datamodel to ease edition, and prevent frustration of retyping a number of requirements after mistakenly unticking the box.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2