v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Minor dialogue bug

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Denzera
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Minor dialogue bug

Post by Denzera »

This is with Ulirfendor. After killing Toszylae, when you return to talk to Ulirfendor, you do not yet have the Dark Protector in your inventory - you acquire that from resolving the rotworms thing with Talion. However, among the dialogue options (in message "ulirfendor_infected_8") is "I found a strange looking helmet...", which... um... per the Zukero code repo requires progress #70 (i.e., completion) in the toszylae quest. Are we sure that that's the case in the live Google Play version? If this has been fixed already, let me know, but otherwise I'll try to give steps to replication.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Minor dialogue bug

Post by rijackson741 »

Toszylae drops the helmet when you kill him. Later on, the ritual can convert the "strange looking helmet" to the Dark protector.

I do have a gripe that there is nothing to indicate that Toszylae has dropped the helmet, either when he drops it or in any subsequent dialogue with any NPC. That's not really a bug, but it's very undesirable because if you leave without the helmet there is no way to ever figure out how to get rid of the rotworms.
Edit:
I see what you are saying. However, although the requirement to select the reply about the helmet is toszylae:70, you can't get toszylae:70 until you have selected one of three replies that lead to urlifendor_demon_s, because that leads to ulirfendor_demon_d1, the piece of dialogue where you get toszylae:70. All of those three replies require darkprotector:10, which means you must have the helmet.

None of which leads to an obvious solution to my gripe though :(
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Denzera
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Denzera »

Yeah, I was actually looking for the helmet among the items I received upon killing Toszylae. It wasn't listed. Maybe it should be part of his official loot, rather than some in-the-background addition to the inventory.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Denzera wrote:Maybe it should be part of his official loot, rather than some in-the-background addition to the inventory.
Unfortunately, it's not that easy.
When you step on the square where the lich was, two things happen. One, you get the helmet. Two, you initiate the Dark Protector quest. If you get the helmet without initiating the quest you are no better off.
This has been bugging me for a long time, so I went through all the relevant dialogues and quest logs. I figured out how to fix it, but it's going to take some work.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

@rijacson741: I found that helmet when I tried to pick the sword from the stone table that was placed next to that lich (yeah, pretty naive). well, I was disappointed that sword was just for show but at least that helmet was something. so my point is can you place the helmet on that stone table? it will be awesome.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I thought about something like that, but there are a couple of problems:
1) When you pick up the helmet it would need to disappear. If that is possible, I don't know how to do it.
2) If someone thinks the helmet is just part of the scenery, and ignores it and leaves, the problem still exists. There is nothing later in the game to give any hint that they need to go and look for it, and there is no realistic chance anyone would figure it out without such a hint.
BTW, everything in this thread really needs to be in spoiler tags.