v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Not bugs but typos...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Cecil
android_version: 2.2

Not bugs but typos...

Post by Cecil »

I'm not sure if this helps but I've spotted a few typos whilst going through the game:

In Vilegard, when talking to Jolnor, the character says "unneccessary". Should be "unnecessary"

The person you follow up Blackwater mountain says, "You should definately not head any other direction than east". Should be "definitely"

He also says blackwater without a capital B

In Prim, Tonis says "We deserately need help from someone from the outside in our village of Prim". Should be "desperately".

In Prim, Fulus says, "This dagger is extermely valuable to me". Should be "extremely".

In Prim Inn Laecca says, "Thank you for your conern". Should be "concern".

In Prim Tavern, Birgil says "I do have a huge suply of mead". Should be "supply"

In Blackwater settlement, Herec says, "But my expertise is in examinating". Should be examining or maybe examination.

I could also risk getting flamed (if I'm not going to be already for being too picky) by mentioning that "nevermind" is not really a word but it's used quite a bit in the game.

I'm not going to mention the American spelling of things like "rumor" and "favor". That might get me into trouble... :D
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Not bugs but typos...

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thanks Cecil. I'll update that right away.

I blame the fact that English is not my native language :)

Please note any more misspellings that you might find!
/Oskar
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Fixed in r138. Thanks for reporting it.
/Oskar
Grävling
android_version: 4.0

Post by Grävling »

There are a few problems with the dialog with the innkeeper at the Foaming Flask.

First of all, a patron of an inn or tavern is a customer. It's not a synonym for 'owner'. So instead of asking 'Are you the Patron' ask 'Are you the innkeeper?' or even 'Do you own this place?'

then s/available for food and drink/available in food and drink/
s/wide selection of food and beverage/wide selection of food and beverages/

Also in the Fallhaven Tavern
s/what drink you have available/what drinks you have available/
(though maybe /what food and drinks you have available/ is even better, given that they mostly sell food).
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

wow, nice to see you here gravling!
nice to see this thread revived too - thanks guys! :D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Grävling wrote:There are a few problems with the dialog with the innkeeper at the Foaming Flask.

First of all, a patron of an inn or tavern is a customer. It's not a synonym for 'owner'. So instead of asking 'Are you the Patron' ask 'Are you the innkeeper?' or even 'Do you own this place?'

then s/available for food and drink/available in food and drink/
s/wide selection of food and beverage/wide selection of food and beverages/

Also in the Fallhaven Tavern
s/what drink you have available/what drinks you have available/
(though maybe /what food and drinks you have available/ is even better, given that they mostly sell food).
If you are going to pluralize beverage, you should also pluralize food. Both, oddly enough, can be considered to represent small or large numbers and/or quantities of each. i.e. "You only have that tiny piece of food" v "Look at all of this food you have" and "Would you like to see my vast beverage selection" v "I have only one beverage left in house." They are very generic and multi purpose, English is crazy : P, but it would be nice to keep them consistent I think (and singular because both being plural sounds weird when I say it in my head). Also, if changes will be made, you may as well add "do" to them e.g. "What food and drink do you have available?" or even simply, "What do you have to eat and drink?" or "What do you have on the menu?" to avoid all of it.

The patron thing needs to be changed for sure, that confused me to no end when I first saw it. ;) Perhaps you were looking for the word "proprietor"?
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

I never noticed the patron thing until this thread! :lol:

However, even if "proprietor" is not the word sought, it might be the best choice. As, if I remember right, all businesses were once termed "proprietorships".
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

It could have changed throughout the evolution of the English language, but currently I think "proprietorship" would refer exclusively to the act or condition of owning a store, not the store itself. I think "proprietor" can easily be substituted for "owner" e.g. "This business is under sole ownership." v "This business is under sole proprietorship." Oddly, though, the word "business" is commonly omitted from the phrase, "This is a sole proprietorship business" in much the same way that "occurrence" is omitted from the phrase "That's a first". People who know common American English vernacular know what that phrase means, but technically "that's a first" is nonsense.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

Probably right for some dictionaries, but if you get into it, either is technically correct since there is no true legal distinction between owner and business in a proprietorship. :geek:
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I also did not notice the misuse of "patron" but I agree that it is wrong. "Owner" would be the simplest fix, in my opinion. I have no problem with using "drink" in the singular, in the generic sense of "all liquid ingestibles" which would include the milk, for those places that have it. Thank heaven that Ardor's world is not yet infested by bottled water!
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF