v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Not bugs but typos...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Not bugs but typos...

Post by fiernaq »

Sorry to revive this again but I found a few small typos in quest text.
A lost potion wrote:...Umar in Fallhaven thieves guild told me I that I will need to know the right words to pass...
Should be "in the Fallhaven thieves guild" and "told me that I will".
A lost potion wrote:Umar told me I should go see someone galled Ogam in Vilegard...
Should be "called".
Night visit wrote:Farrik in the Fallhaven thieves guild told me the details of the plan, and I accepted to help him...
Should be something along the lines of "...details of the plan and I accepted the task of helping him."
Feygard errands wrote:With some grudge, I have agreed to help Gandoren transport the shipment.
Should be "I have grudgingly agreed to help..."
Feygard errands wrote:If I want to help Ailshara on behalf Nor City instead, I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard.
Should be "...on behalf of Nor City instead, I should..."
Flows through the veins wrote:...I should ask around people in Loneford and outside the village about clues and what people believe is the cause.
Should be something along the lines of "I should ask the citizens of Loneford and the surrounding areas about what they think is the cause." or "I should ask people in Loneford and outside the village about what they believe is the cause". Could also add to the beginning of either of those "To gather clues, I should ask..."
Flows through the veins wrote:...He apparently saw a small boy doing something around the town well during the night before the illness started. He was scared to talk to me at first since he though I looked like the boy he had seen...
Not sure if Andor's brother is "small" or if an adjective is even needed there since "young" would also imply that he wasn't just a boy but a young boy. Should be "thought" instead of "though".

And that's it :)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thanks fiernaq, these are all corrected now. Well spotted!
/Oskar
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

fiernaq wrote:
Feygard errands wrote:If I want to help Ailshara on behalf Nor City instead, I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard.
Should be "...on behalf of Nor City instead, I should..."
Or just drop the "instead"

Code: Select all

If I want to help Ailshara on behalf of Nor City, I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard.
Although, I think they also should be flipped around, because the way it reads above sounds like Nor City asked you to help Alishara, not the other way around, so:

Code: Select all

If I want to help Ailshara and Nor City, I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard.
-Or-
 If I want to help Nor City on behalf of Alishara , I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard.
-Or-
 If I want, instead, to help Ailshara and Nor City, I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard. 
-or-
If I want to instead help Nor City on behalf of Alishara, I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard.
Our any combination thereof. :D
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

This calls for an Engrish Translation thread!

:lol:

But seriuously - rough language...

(I miss Grävling :shock: )
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Good point, phydeaux. I missed that completely but it really does read wrong. I was just looking at spelling/grammar and didn't catch the problem with the meaning of the sentence. Here's yet another option that I think conveys the meaning a little better:
If I want to help Ailshara and Nor City, I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard instead.
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

That also works... I really miss having a hardware keyboard on my phone... It's a pain in the neck to edit with a soft keyboard that doesn't want to cooperate.... :P
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

fiernaq wrote:If I want to help Ailshara and Nor City, I should deliver the shipment to the smith in Vilegard instead.
Looks good. I'll update the text to that.
Thanks again, fiernaq!
/Oskar
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

And thanks to phydeaux for pointing out my error :)
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Found one, in the "I have it in me" quest. Spoilers added just in case since its from the new update.
If you choose the reply: "I was infected with something by a lich of Kazaul"
Talion: A lich of Kazaul eh? Then I am sure that whatever ails you are those curse rotworms.
Should be cursed rotworms (pronounced as "cur-said" even though spelled the same as cursed)
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Mino wrote:Found one, in the "I have it in me" quest.
Thanks Mino! Updated in Git now.
/Oskar