v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Item Set Bonus

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Stoodge
android_version: 4.0

Item Set Bonus

Post by Stoodge »

just been thinking about the equipment available and wondering if there could be a benifit or bonus (character condition) included for wearing a full set of matching gear.
possibly not even all items slots would be required for some of the legendary gear sets.
obviously the extrodinary / legendary equipment provides less of a buff as the equipment does such a good job already.
these effects could be permanent until the 'set' is broken by taking an item off.

for example,

blackwater champion - blackwater mountain gear (removes blackwater misery?)
rogue - villains/troublemakers gear
footsoldier - feygard stuff (feygard iron sword...)
tribal - animal gear (wolfpack hide, snakeskin gloves...)
shadow ninja - shadow gear (Rols, DotSp...)

this could lead to a lot more 'faction' equipment needing to be implimented into the game for example feygard footsoldier:
feygard iron sword
* feygard leather armour
* soldiers buckler
* soldiers gloves
* soldiers helmet
* marching boots
* lovers keepsake (ring)
* dogtags? lol

* = non-existent items currently

some of these items could be bought, others only found as drops or some may be quest related.

sets could even be quest requirements like disguises to access a palace, city gates or whatever. with variations for different storylines
eg loot dogtags from fallen faygard soldier = feygard imposter VS. join the feygard military for personal dogtags = feygard footsoldier

not quite sure of the actual bonuses/drawbacks these sets would provide. this would need to be assesed by developers to ensure some level of balance to remain in the game.

just a few ideas ive been having. great game by the way.

Code: Select all

Lvl: 60, XP: 3681789, Gold: 280362, RoLS: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1
HP: 137, AC: 237% , AD: 36-47, AP: 3, CHS: 23, ECC: 16%, CM: 2.0, BC: 91%, DR: 2 
WA, HH, Dg, BS, CS(2), IF(2), Rg(2), MF(2), SM, EB, DBS
R.I.P. my original character : Stoodge
goat
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Item Set Bonus

Post by goat »

Sounds like a lot of work, but I love the idea
LVL: 43 XP: 1411162 Gold: 27151 CHaR: 1 SHaF: 1
HP: 73 AC: 209% AP: 3 CC: 34% BC: 77%
Small Rocks: 1620
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Bornain »

Cool idea. Extra missions to unlock matching uniforms/weapons etc. With a bonus for the set. I'd like to see bwm gear without the misery.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I like the idea, but BW set - BW Misery = BROKEN!
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

so easy to spot another mtg player...

:lol:

i love it, just not sure if it fits.

but +1 for a fun idea!

[welcome to the forum, stoodge!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Chest_Rockfield

nyktos wrote:so easy to spot another mtg player...

but +1 for a fun idea!

Yes, it is :) When I first read this post though, I'd have assumed the author had been playing Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
Stoodge
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stoodge »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
nyktos wrote:so easy to spot another mtg player...

but +1 for a fun idea!

Yes, it is :) When I first read this post though, I'd have assumed the author had been playing Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Is it really that easy to tell???

Haha. Yeah wasnt sure if it would meld in well I just noticed some gear had alike names. Thanks for the feedback.

And i actually had diablo 2 in mind when thinking of this but now you mention it wouldnt it be cool to get an "Andors Alliance" sword.....
Just sayin.

been years since i played Heroes III. should see if i can find it again. probably in a box somewhere in storage. Now i've got a craving for some retro gaming, which i think is what drew me to AT in the first place.

Code: Select all

Lvl: 60, XP: 3681789, Gold: 280362, RoLS: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1
HP: 137, AC: 237% , AD: 36-47, AP: 3, CHS: 23, ECC: 16%, CM: 2.0, BC: 91%, DR: 2 
WA, HH, Dg, BS, CS(2), IF(2), Rg(2), MF(2), SM, EB, DBS
R.I.P. my original character : Stoodge
Chest_Rockfield

I LOVE Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete! Hands down my favorite computer game of all time. It is the reason I bought my first computer. It had so many awesome combination artifacts. The Cloak of the Undead King was completely ridiculous. If we do get item set bonuses, however, we have to make sure that they are not overpowered like that so they don't ruin the game play experience. The Blackwater stuff supposedly had it's own set bonus built in, in that you only suffered from Misery once and the stats were pretty high. Unfortunately, they were not high enough to make it worth while. It would be nice if the bonus from the set wasn't simply a stat bonus, because it would then be an easy will you/won't you based exclusively on whether or not you'd have better overall stats when equipped. BUT, if it had some other cool benefits, a lower overall stat image may be worth it so you could get it.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Blackwater Set- Not only gives you BW Misery but on hit you have a XX% of inflicting BW misery on target creature(when having the full set equipped).

just an idea to make it so BW Set wouldnt become too broken, it would be cool to be able to inflict BW misery upon a target. (like how you can give things Chaos Grip with the Chaosreaper)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
theGleep
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

How about item sets as "behavior keys"

Post by theGleep »

There could be things that can't be done without the whole item-set.

Just an idea - let's say the thieves want you to "free that prisoner, now that the guard captain is drunk". But every time you try to get near him, you're noticed.

But, what if there was a "Fallhaven Guard" item set? Wearing that set would allow you to steal the keys to the cell from the drunk guard captain and relieve the guard in front of the cage. And once he's gone, you could open the cage and ... next time you visit the thieves guild, you are *well* rewarded.

It certainly would make for more complicated quests!