v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Future Extraordinary and legendary items ideas

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Mave102
android_version: 2.2
Location: Sifting through the piles of small rocks in my bag to see if I got a RoLS

Re: Future Extraordinary and legendary items ideas

Post by Mave102 »

Adding onto edferd's idea, maybe with the skeletal armor (if it is implemented) you could collect pieces of it such as breastplate, shoulders, etc. and turn them in together as quest items for the actual item.
Mike- Level 31 XP: 546997 AP: 4/12
HP: 72 AC: 193% AD: 13-22 CHC: 14% CM: 2x BC: 52% DR: 3
Gold: 65314 RoLS: 0
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

if we get something like "counter-attacks" on gear
we should also get it as a Skill

Counter Attack 5% chance when hit @ 50% potential AD to target
(max 2 Skill Levels)
(prerequisite = combat speed / also max 2)

just some thoughts
8-)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Counter attack would be nice, another item which could/should have this would be a shield... I dunno if anyone else in here has actually fought with swords & armour, but a shield bash hurts and is quite difficult to block :)
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Had another thought for a Legendary item that falls into the "hand to hand combat" category.

Legendary item:
Spiked gloves of the shadow
AP cost: 3
AC: 25%
AD: 3-5
HP: +5
Shadow chain attack - when attacking a mob, gives +2 AP per kill (similar to Cleave but 2 AP instead of 3)
**In order to equip these gloves, weapon category must be unequipped.

Basically, it would be a stronger version of the Quickstrike dagger or having no weapon equipped, with the Cleave-like effect to make it worthy of Legendary status.
------------------------------
A couple more ideas.

Legendary Item: Enchanted Hammer of Might
Monsters dropping the EHoM: Strong Gornaud
AP cost: 6
AC: 25%
AD: 5
BC: 5%
DR: 1
Enchanted Might: +20% of base AD
When hitting target
On target: 50% chance of Dazed (3 rounds)

Legendary Item: Quickerstrike Dagger
Monsters dropping the QrD: Strong Aulaeth
AP cost: 3
AC 20%
AD: 2
BC: -10%
-10 HP
Quickerstrike: reduces the chance that an adjacent monster will attack by 50%
When hitting target
On source: 20% chance of Minor Speed (3 rounds)**

**does not stack with minor potion of speed
--------------------
Just for fun...

"Extraordinary"* Item: Tavern Brawler's Blade
AP cost: 4
AC 15%
AD: 1
BC: 15%
When hitting target
On source: 20% chance of Intoxication

*rather than a 1:1000 chance drop item, make it a "boss" drop (since they're also labeled as "Extraordinary"), and you fight a drunk in a tavern that drops it after you kill him
-----------------
"Extraordinary" Item (boss drop): Cursed wand of darkness (weapon category)
AP cost: 5
Move cost: 1
AC: -20%
AD: -5
BC: -20%
HP: -10
Lights up any dark room, making all pathways visible.
Curse: the stats from the weapon will affect the player for 10 rounds after it is unequipped.

Basically, a way to make it easier going between Prim and the main area, and in the Kazul caves. Since there's also the "leaving a trail of rocks" trick, each player can decide if its worth the negative stats.
Last edited by nyktos on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: multiple posts consolidated
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Mino wrote:"Extraordinary" Item (boss drop): Cursed wand of darkness (weapon category)
Curse: the stats from the weapon will affect the player for 10 rounds after it is unequipped.

Basically, a way to make it easier going between Prim and the main area, and in the Kazul caves. Since there's also the "leaving a trail of rocks" trick, each player can decide if its worth the negative stats.
Why not create a torch item that to use requires you to unequip your weapon or shield?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

tek wrote:
Mino wrote:"Extraordinary" Item (boss drop): Cursed wand of darkness (weapon category)

Why not create a torch item that to use requires you to unequip your weapon or shield?
It didn't seem like something like that would get created since it would make those dark mazes much easier, so I was hoping if there were enough negative trade-offs, there would be a better chance.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Mino wrote:
tek wrote:

The negative would having to unequip your weapon or shield. The torch would on illuminate say 2 tiles around you. Two by two.

It didn't seem like something like that would get created since it would make those dark mazes much easier, so I was hoping if there were enough negative trade-offs, there would be a better chance.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
GiftOfDeath
android_version: 2.2

Post by GiftOfDeath »

I think the torch idea is great. Just 1 square of light ahead (from the last direction you moved) nothing more. Have it something we could purchase. Have it last 5 rounds. Have it used like a potion so it could fit in the quick slot. That way if you know the way you could just skip buying or using them. If your new or just forgot the way, a little light would be nice.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I also have some defensive legendary items in mind, but I think I posted them elsewhere. I had been keeping a defensive build for a long time, and he won't grind for any of the items because the legendary items are mainly offensive. I think there should be a way for players to concentrate on defense instead of offense. I suggested defensive weapons, but that didn't have a very enthusiastic response, so I guess I'll stick with a ring instead...
Ring of Tenacity (Legendary) Perhaps dropped by The Mountain brutes on the trail to Remgard? That certainly requires tenacity.
HP:10
AC:10
AD:1-2
BC:25
Inflict actor condition Determined on player, -5% chance to be inflicted with negative actor conditions.
Hey guys, I'm back.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

the topic of "more defensive gear" came up in the meeting & was warmly welcomed... So keep it up!

:D

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]