Quests -- Repeatable and Cross-Town

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
qasur

Quests -- Repeatable and Cross-Town

Post by qasur »

I'll start off by saying that the game needs more quests, but more importantly, it needs longer quests. Each new "area" that is released has a good couple of quests, but it takes very little time to complete them and once that is done, players are left waiting for a new update (unless they want to grind).

In order to get more bang for your buck, as well as a helpful tool for guiding players, I think adding in some repeatable quests that tell a player where certain "grinding caves" are would be a great addition to the game. I would the type of quests in tiers.

Tier 1 Quests: Repeatable Caves

Tier 2 Quests: City and/or Surrounding Area

Tier 3 Quests: Cross-City or Epic Quests

For Tier 1 Quests, I think it's just apparent what they would be about. For the Snake Cave, you could have the opening town be the originating point of this quest and make it so you need to kill 10 Snakes before returning. You would be rewarded with X Gold and Y EXP afterward, then make it repeatable, where you need to kill 20 Snakes (every time after the first one) and get X Gold and Y EXP. It would just gives players another small boost, but more importantly, the NPC that originates the quest will be able to tell the player where to find the cave. When I first played, there weren't signs or NPCs telling me anything, I just had to go explore (which is inherent in these types of games), but the game has become large enough that some direction (and not via map) is needed.

For Tier 2 Quests, Oskar has these down pat. They are the basic quests related to new areas that get released. Mini-quests to run errands around the city or combat certain people, etc. These are definitely good ones to have and should stay, but I find them middle-of-the-road and essential to the game.

For Tier 3 Quests, I would say the search for Andor is *definitely* the ultimate "epic" quest. :) Other than it, I would suggest adding in a quests that leads a player from town to the next, and maybe back again. It gets them traveling, it takes time to walk there, and in the end if lets them explore. These could have just a higher EXP reward for completing, and in rare occasions, maybe offer up a rare Equipment*. I would include quests like the Heartstone here probably since it's become a "big" undone quest, and I would probably add in others, but you can see what they are: longer, cross-city quests, that make you travel and do a lot more.

Overall, I think the game needs not only more maps, but some more in-depth quests too. Hopefully we can get some of the players minds working to write some of them!

Don

*I wrote-out a super-quest that required visiting a ton of places to get an Epic item, but I seem to have misplaced it. Either way, it requires you to run around every city and area in the game thus far and back many times. At least 35 or 40 stops, including killing hundreds of enemies and traversing the map many times, and I would have *loved* to have been able to submit it. Give me time and I'll probably rewrite this quest in a PM to Oskar (or maybe post it so we can build it).
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Quests -- Repeatable and Cross-Town

Post by lady black »

The requirement to supply milk to get a bed in Prim made me chase all the way to the cabin at the current end of the map, because I missed the potion-maker in Fallhaven (Vilegard?), the only nearer place to buy milk at that time. Now the forum contains hints to take milk with you when heading there, and more places sell milk.
So there is one "crosstown quest" already, if the player does not read the forum.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF