Your thoughts on rare spawns?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
GiftOfDeath
android_version: 2.2

Your thoughts on rare spawns?

Post by GiftOfDeath »

I would like to see rare spawns in the game. Maybe a small yellow star above its head so you know its a rare spawn. Make it faster and run away so its hard to cetch and doesn't kill a character to low level to fight it. Better stats then the average monster so its a tougher fight. A slightly better drop rate for something non-ordinary. A little more exp and gold on the drop as well. Maybe a skill to increase the probability of a rare spawn respawning nearby? I think it would add a little more excitement to the endless killing that happens when traveling , exploring, and also while waiting for monsters to respawn while trying to collect quest items. It could be a way to expand the loot table by adding items that only rare spawns drop. Mmmmm rare boss anyone?
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Your thoughts on rare spawns?

Post by nyktos »

the first thing i thought was metal slimes & cactaurs...
and i remember them fondly!

an ultra-rare mob that yields super-high xp & possibly extremely evasive too?
sounds like a perfect fit to me - but i've always liked the idea.

[welcome to the forum!]

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

GiftOfDeath wrote:I would like to see rare spawns in the game. Maybe a small yellow star above its head so you know its a rare spawn. Make it faster and run away so its hard to cetch and doesn't kill a character to low level to fight it. Better stats then the average monster so its a tougher fight. A slightly better drop rate for something non-ordinary. A little more exp and gold on the drop as well. Maybe a skill to increase the probability of a rare spawn respawning nearby? I think it would add a little more excitement to the endless killing that happens when traveling , exploring, and also while waiting for monsters to respawn while trying to collect quest items. It could be a way to expand the loot table by adding items that only rare spawns drop. Mmmmm rare boss anyone?
:?: what is a "rare spawn"? :?: I'm I missing something, but I don't have a clue what you mean.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Think "legendary" or "extraordinary" except with monsters spawning instead of items dropping. ;)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

fiernaq wrote:Think "legendary" or "extraordinary" except with monsters spawning instead of items dropping. ;)
What is the point?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

In this game? Not much. A lot of popular games use the idea of rare spawn monsters for achievements or even just for fun but considering the coding style of AT it would probably be more trouble than it was worth here.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013