Quick Idea For Inventory Organizations\Useless Drops

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Quick Idea For Inventory Organizations\Useless Drops

Post by nether »

Currently there is a lot of useless drops in the game, and IMO adding in things like mixing for that would be too easy, as they are collected in mass quantities so quickly while you are leveling.

So how about this:

First - Create a pouch in the inventory given at the start by someone that allows you to store these items. It could open up an entirely separate screen with all of them in colomns, maybe even prelisted with just a value for how many you have obtained.

Second - These items could then be turned in for rewards perhaps? A lot like how you can turn in those ithzeil claws for a small bit of gold right now. I'm not sure how you could go about appropriating how many\how much, but it seems like a solid idea for this stuff. For example, a potion seller could ask you for white wyrm claws (10) in exchange for a minor fatigue potion.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Re: Quick Idea For Inventory Organizations\Useless Drops

Post by Taledus »

I like the idea of bartering using the useless items. Needing something besides gold in order to buy certain items is rarely done in a game, but it makes for interesting and unique game play IMO.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nether wrote: So how about this:
First - Create a pouch in the inventory given at the start by someone that allows you to store these items. It could open up an entirely separate screen with all of them in colomns, maybe even prelisted with just a value for how many you have obtained.
Oskar has brought up this exact idea before, i am definitly a fan of this idea. Truthfuly i only use a couple items out of my inventory in the game, so being able to move everything else out of the way would be really useful.
nether wrote: Second - These items could then be turned in for rewards perhaps? A lot like how you can turn in those ithzeil claws for a small bit of gold right now. I'm not sure how you could go about appropriating how many\how much, but it seems like a solid idea for this stuff. For example, a potion seller could ask you for white wyrm claws (10) in exchange for a minor fatigue potion.
Intersting idea! Getting things other than coins would be neat for all the useless items in the game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

nether wrote:Currently there is a lot of useless drops in the game, and IMO adding in things like mixing for that would be too easy, as they are collected in mass quantities so quickly while you are leveling.

So how about this:

Second - These items could then be turned in for rewards perhaps? A lot like how you can turn in those ithzeil claws for a small bit of gold right now. I'm not sure how you could go about appropriating how many\how much, but it seems like a solid idea for this stuff. For example, a potion seller could ask you for white wyrm claws (10) in exchange for a minor fatigue potion.
+1 good ideas here !
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Oskar keeps talking about a Backpack,
and i can see it possibly having divisions for groups of items...

(we are grouping Skills into like sets, to make studying them easier - especially with so many new ones being introduced)

he usually brings it up in response to suggestions to link all of the boxes (crates?) near the beds we sleep in.

(a suggestion that is always swiftly rejected)

:lol:

LOVE the backpack idea, it does it's job & it's on my characters person.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Duke
VIP

Post by Duke »

Is this takinng about organizing the inventory into categories? i.e. weapons, potions, armor, etc? So that when we go to inv, it is broken down by category, so we can find things easiers. Or is this mentioned somewhere else, if so sorry.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
saim786
android_version: 4.0

Post by saim786 »

hello admin nice forum . i am a new user and i will be actively participating .. :cool:
Saim...:)
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

saim786 wrote:hello admin nice forum . i am a new user and i will be actively participating .. :cool:
Welcome to the forums! We look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas.

Happy hunting.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Hope this will be implemented with next release, I wanna be able to buy backpacks and pouches, one to store my L/E eq, one to store useless stuff into and one for all potions and healing items. That said, wonder why our hero does not wear a belt?
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Thystonius wrote:Hope this will be implemented with next release, I wanna be able to buy backpacks and pouches, one to store my L/E eq, one to store useless stuff into and one for all potions and healing items. That said, wonder why our hero does not wear a belt?
He doesn't need a belt. His pants stay up by his sheer force of will.

I, too, await the "backpack"; but I really hate calling it a backpack.

I like the idea of crafting the items into other potions and would really like to see that implemented. I like the idea of trading items but if it is one or the other I would rather have the crafting.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.