v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Weapon specialization

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Re: Weapon specialization

Post by Taledus »

Sarumar wrote: +1 i like this one, but I like to see % chance bonus baced on item. Something like;
-500 hits = +5% bonus to item all base stats
-2500 hits = +10% bonus to item all base stats
-12500 hits = +15% bonus to item all base stats
-62500 hits = +20% bonus to item all base stats
-312500 hits = +25% bonus to item all base stats
-1562500 hits = +30% bonus to item all base stats
-7812500 hits = +35% bonus to item all base stats
-39062500 hits = +40% bonus to item all base stats
-195312500 hits = +45% bonus to item all base stats
-976562500 hits = +50% bonus to item all base stats
-etc, there is no need for max rank ;)
Whether the bonus is a % for something like AC or BC, or a flat number for something like AD, I would think that the bonus would apply to that items category. Let's say we have a weapon Type:Dagger, and in it contain a basic dagger, a buoy knife, and a kukri. What ever one of those I used to get bonuses for, when I equip any of those in that category, I would still have the same bonuses applied to the base stats. This way you are not specializing with a dagger, and the bonuses be applied when you equip a long sword type weapon.

However, with that list of hits, "ranks" or whatever they would be called would have to go in a list to read off of, or the program would not be able to understand after how many hits to apply a bonus. Eventually it would run out, or max out at a certain level...the only way to prevent that would be a very complex algorithm that I do not have time to draw out here. But it could be set so high that you could play this game for a year using a certain weapon/armor category and never max it out.
Sarumar wrote: hmm, or how about this... You can only got some bonuses without training... i mean you need to find master and schoose to use skillpoint to mastering item....

Without skill
-500 hits = +10% bonus to item all base stats
-2500 hits = +20% bonus to item all base stats

After that you need skill level 1 like dagger profience..
after that you can have more benefits..

-12500 hits = +30% bonus to item all base stats
-62500 hits = +40% bonus to item all base stats

After that you need skill level 2 ... etc
That is a different way to look at it, needing a skill before it could get bonuses. That would limit it. I think "training" idea is being proposed for Combat Abilities as well though.

Regardless, all we need is a yes or no that something can be done eventually, then we can hash out all the specifics then ;)
Sarumar still = WIN +1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Taledus, I just throw some of my ideas here, i do not understand anything about programming (only some basic about html, etc, but it was decades ago ;) ). So i can only hope that someone is intrested my thoughts...

I just like to see somekind, learning by doing think in AT... skills involved or not... I like to herar point of view about this idea..

good hunting
Last edited by Sarumar on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

Sarumar wrote:Taledus, I just throw some of my ideas here, i do not understandanythig about programming (only some basic about html, etc, but it was decades ago ;) ). So i can only hope that someone is intrested my thoughts...

I just like to see somekind, learning by doing think in AT... skills involved or not... I like to herar point of view about this idea..

good hunting
I am very interested in your thoughts on this idea :)

I know a small bit about programming so I thought that explanation might clarify why an "unlimited list" was not really possible. Maybe I rambled on too much... :)

Minus a few minor details I think this idea could be worked out at some point.

I tend to go into details trying to explain my thoughts about something, but see now that I might be making it more difficult to understand? I think we are in agreement about the general idea of Weapon/Armor Specialization, but don't know it yet :D
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Taledus wrote:
Sarumar wrote:Taledus, I just throw some of my ideas here, i do not understandanythig about programming (only some basic about html, etc, but it was decades ago ;) ). So i can only hope that someone is intrested my thoughts...

good hunting
I am very interested in your thoughts on this idea :)

I know a small bit about programming so I thought that explanation might clarify why an "unlimited list" was not really possible. Maybe I rambled on too much... :)

Minus a few minor details I think this idea could be worked out at some point.

I tend to go into details trying to explain my thoughts about something, but see now that I might be making it more difficult to understand? I think we are in agreement about the general idea of Weapon/Armor Specialization, but don't know it yet :D
Yes please :lol: keep your post simple, becauce my skill of english is limited (just saying this if you haven't noticed it allready :lol: ) .

So.. in future .. please ... just tell me is it possible or not (programming) and are you in or out ;)

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Playerthree
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Playerthree »

Interesting concept! probably be a bit complicated to code( I'm stabbing in the dark here, last time I was super proficient in any sort of coding you had to dial a separate phone # to go somewhere else lol) as there are weapon proficiencies in place at this moment as of V0.7.1 (personally I don't like the bonuses being based off of the weapons stats and think a flat % or AD bonus would be better) I think that as the game already tracks how many of what monsters you killed I think bonuses to certain monsters at certain ranks would be a good idea along the same lines for the learning as you go concept although instead of specific monsters, basing off of monster categories as they are split up in the info page (humanoid, giant, beasts, insects etc..)