Suggest item - helmet of grinding

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Darkstar
android_version: 4.0

Suggest item - helmet of grinding

Post by Darkstar »

I have been playing this game for a while and I think it is awesome. I want to thank everyone for the great work and one day I hope to be able to contribute something to the project.

I had an idea for an item that might be helpful, but I don't know if it is possible. I think it would be great to have an item that would speed up the spawn rate of the monsters, making the grind a bit easier.
Kruncha

Re: Suggest item - helmet of grinding

Post by Kruncha »

Welcome to the forum Darkstar :D

Great idea, like 'Magic Finder', but effects monster spawn rate. Could be called 'Provoke', it would be like combining MF 'Magic Finder' (more kills = more drops) and 'Quick Learner' (more kills = more exp).

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Good idea, but I'm not so sure I'd like to grind for a helmet to help with grinding. If you have to grind anyway, why not just grind for whatever it is you seek? If this is implemented, make it a quest reward instead of a grind reward.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Good idea, but I'm not so sure I'd like to grind for a helmet to help with grinding. If you have to grind anyway, why not just grind for whatever it is you seek? If this is implemented, make it a quest reward instead of a grind reward.
Who said anything about having to grind for it :?:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

tek wrote:
Wyrmspawn wrote:Good idea, but I'm not so sure I'd like to grind for a helmet to help with grinding. If you have to grind anyway, why not just grind for whatever it is you seek? If this is implemented, make it a quest reward instead of a grind reward.
Who said anything about having to grind for it :?:
Now that you mention it, no one. I suppose since all of the best items in the game are obtained by grinding it just popped into my mind.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Darkstar

Post by Darkstar »

I think it would be best if it was awarded from a quest. Maybe call it the helmet of darkness, that spawns monsters to the one who wears it. Something like that.
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

:evil: Now this brings some ideas :twisted:

What if... every normal helmet that can be bought has a CHANCE it will be CURSED? :o
And you only noticed once you equip it? :shock:
And no matter how hard you try, nothing helps to remove it :(

Of course, the omnipresent shadow priests are willing to help - for a fee
They can lift the curse and the helmet will be normal once again

Cursed helmet of Provocation - increase the spawn rate of all monsters
Cursed gauntlets of Lifeblood - whenever you hit a monster, it transfers 1 health to you opponent
Cursed boots of Bravery - disables flee function

:twisted:
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Kruncha

Post by Kruncha »

I like the idea of cursed items, would open up some great quest tie-ins.

We just don't need to have the option of a cursed RoLs (1000 rocks to get a cursed one would prompt anarchy)

:lol:

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Darkstar

Post by Darkstar »

I think I just had a cool idea for the quest. You go into a dungeon with long narrow hallways. The resistance will not be to much,then you kill the boss and you can't move unless you have the helmet on. Getting back out will be extremely hard because of all of the monsters in the narrow halls as a result of wearing the helmet.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

+1 Im fan of curced and poor quality items... lets say that every now and then when you find (or buy) weapon it is poor quality or even curced. You dont immediatelly see it in yours stat but it is weaker than ordinary one or there are some nasty side effeck... After some time you got special pop up message "something is wrong... this sword is just a useless".

Maby there are skill "exemine", when you have 1 level you notised problem earlier and. whit 2 level you find it out before buy or equipped it..
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1