v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

map markers

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

map markers

Post by Ian »

What about adding some map markers which show you all dungeon entrances, important roads (currently only the Duleian Road) and especially the shops in each town. If you click on the marker, you get further information:

For dungeons: Monsters which lurk around inside (But only if you've cleared the dungeon though) I had this idea when I read this thread:http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3240
Combining it with the "monster diaries" would be very informative.

Shops: All goods to sale and their prices are shown

Cities/villages/towns: A small piece of information about the place

Another feature:
What about being able to put his own map markers and even writea small description?
You could use that for example as a marker for your most important grinding places or for your next aim there you want to head. (Sometimes I forget after a while what I wanted to do in AT, so a marker would be helpful).

Waht are your thoughts/ ideas?
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: map markers

Post by Sarumar »

+1 great idea !

hmm...i got some another idea. How about if there are posibility to found, buy, got as a reward some pieces of information. After finding one its information are addes on the map ?
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Ian

Post by Ian »

Finding, buying and getting some information is a nice idea!
What about a note from an former adventurer or buying books from the librarian?
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Ian wrote:Finding, buying and getting some information is a nice idea!
What about a note from an former adventurer or buying books from the librarian?
+1 i like it !
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I think this would bring some nice expanded function to the world map. I feel like it has been suggested before and it is something we are interested in doing eventually.
theGleep
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by theGleep »

I like the idea, but I'm kind of against being able to know about a building before I've been in it.

So I'd recommend the popups show information as of last visit. Maybe if in the middle of a quest/errand that started (or waypointed) in the building, that could be shown as well.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

theGleep wrote:I like the idea, but I'm kind of against being able to know about a building before I've been in it.

So I'd recommend the popups show information as of last visit. Maybe if in the middle of a quest/errand that started (or waypointed) in the building, that could be shown as well.
hmm .. what you say if... :
-player is able to buy some information about places, person, queat, etc before startin/visiting, etc those spot... I know some members of thieves quild who are willing to sell you this kind of information foor a right (really high) price...
-after completed.... you can find someone who sell you information
-after completed... you might find someone who will give you some rare information if you help them or pay some ridiculous amound of gold... "ahh... travellers i noticed that you have some smaal stoness... you have been in gargoile cave lately ?.... hmm i know a secrets... if you can do this small favor i will tell you more.. "
-etc
Sarumar

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

also add in a marker you can place yourself to mark a spot on the map (you could use it to note a spot or a NPC) -Just an idea-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ian

Post by Ian »

sdevaney wrote:I think this would bring some nice expanded function to the world map. I feel like it has been suggested before and it is something we are interested in doing eventually.
I'm going to mention it again in the next meeting.
Pyrizzle wrote:also add in a marker you can place yourself to mark a spot on the map (you could use it to note a spot or a NPC) -Just an idea-
I've already mentioned that but doesn't mind. ;) I think, it would be great to create his own markers.
theGleep wrote:I like the idea, but I'm kind of against being able to know about a building before I've been in it.

You're right. That would be spoilering.

Sarumar wrote:

hmm .. what you say if... :
-player is able to buy some information about places, person, queat, etc before startin/visiting, etc those spot... I know some members of thieves quild who are willing to sell you this kind of information foor a right (really high) price...
-after completed.... you can find someone who sell you information
-after completed... you might find someone who will give you some rare information if you help them or pay some ridiculous amound of gold... "ahh... travellers i noticed that you have some smaal stoness... you have been in gargoile cave lately ?.... hmm i know a secrets... if you can do this small favor i will tell you more.. "
-etc
[/quote]

I like your idea about being able to buy information! Especially the last sentence because that would be a nice way to tell the player about legendary/ extraordinary items!
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Ian: +1 all around great ideas here. This would be a great addition to A.T.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!