v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Language Settings

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Chezarik
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Language Settings

Post by Chezarik »

Hello,
actually Im new to AT. Playing about three days. When I started playing this game I have been playing on 0.6.7. But when I completed all the quests for that version I decided to check for the latest versions. Checked up Google Play and noticed that it is v.0.6.12 available. But I fell in shock when started this version.
I appreciate that developments want to interest more people, translating the game to other languages. But I was a little bit satisfied because of the russian one. The major part of this translation is correct, minor is incorrect. Sometimes I can found very funny words, sometimes such an epic fault like "darkness" instead of "shadow" or even worse. I don't pay a lot attention to this. But the most uncomfortable thing is that translation isn't full. Many conversations are on english, but quest log is in russian, for example. By one word - uncomfortable to play.
In Settings I haven't found any Language Settings, but I would like to change them, and I hope I can find the solve here. Thank you.
P.S. Sorry for mistakes, my english isn't great.
P.S.S Is Lodar's hideaway released already?
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: Language Settings

Post by Samuel »

Chezarik wrote:Hello,
actually Im new to AT. Playing about three days. When I started playing this game I have been playing on 0.6.7. But when I completed all the quests for that version I decided to check for the latest versions. Checked up Google Play and noticed that it is v.0.6.12 available. But I fell in shock when started this version.
I appreciate that developments want to interest more people, translating the game to other languages. But I was a little bit satisfied because of the russian one. The major part of this translation is correct, minor is incorrect. Sometimes I can found very funny words, sometimes such an epic fault like "darkness" instead of "shadow" or even worse. I don't pay a lot attention to this. But the most uncomfortable thing is that translation isn't full. Many conversations are on english, but quest log is in russian, for example. By one word - uncomfortable to play.
In Settings I haven't found any Language Settings, but I would like to change them, and I hope I can find the solve here. Thank you.
P.S. Sorry for mistakes, my english isn't great.
P.S.S Is Lodar's hideaway released already?
I also see this problem.
That is the reason why I am trying to keep the German translation well reviewed. IMO it would be better not to include unreviewed translations. AFAIK currently no translation commit is reviewed. (because Oskar doesn't speak the languages)
Better use the english text than autotranslated text by google translate. (I am exaggerating here - translators are doing a good job)

A translation setting in the game would be great. Currently you need to change the android system language to English.

P.S Please help to improve the translation to russian, by reviewing or by submitting faults.
P.S.S Lodar's hideaway will be released soon. [tm]
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Chezarik
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Chezarik »

Thanks a lot, Samuel! Didn't knew that changing Android system language can change the apps language too. Of course I'll submit any translation faults when I notice them.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

This is a feature we would like add eventually.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Chezarik: If you would like to help with translations (or fixing errors in translations) please let us know. We can always use the help of players who speak new languages. =)

Welcome to the forums Chezarik!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mepuri
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by mepuri »

how to help?

i am from Indonesia and i see most words havent been translated yet. and some words that has been translated are not..uhmm...well need some fixing :P
Lvl: 44, XP: 1584547, Gold: 65776, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 78, AC: 231%, AD: 32-33, AP: 3, ECC: 31%, CM: 3, BC: 50%, DR: 0