Rare NPCs

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Rare NPCs

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I wonder if it is possible to add random appearances of NPCs to maps. So, every time you enter a new map, there is a 1:10000 chance that this npc would appear.

The NPC who appears could offer weapons, armour, or maybe spells and potions? Maybe even give you skills to learn? I was thinking of something like the dark merchant from Zenonia, except these merchants are all different, and they all sell different sorts of items, or teach you skills for a price.

We don't really have to come up with new items for the dark merchants. Maybe just items that you can't get since you sided with the wrong side or maybe the random npc just sells them at a cheaper price.

Maybe there could even be random quests like these. You could bump into so and so npc once in a thousand times. This npc could have a quest for you the first time you meet, and the second time he'll ask for the items you should have for him, and give you your reward. Such a quest could even be repeated from time to time.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Fire7051

Re: Rare NPCs

Post by Fire7051 »

Grinding for a legendary item is fine but I am not sure how would feel about grinding for an npc.

Leave the town. Enter the town.
Leave the town. Enter the town.

What about a traveling npc that could be in any given town but changes towns every three to four minutes? Based on mob respawn rate? Maybe he could carry odd potions? Maybe even potions that may not work quite right?

Just trying to combine a couple of old ideas.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

+1 I like to have more unpredictable events!

Maybe not depending on entering a new map, because it could indeed lead to npc-grinding.
Maybe they could spawn like monsters in the current outdoor map, like: for every non-occupied tile, every 0.5 seconds, there's a 0.001% chance a rare npc appears.
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Mad P wrote:+1 I like to have more unpredictable events!

Maybe not depending on entering a new map, because it could indeed lead to npc-grinding.
Maybe they could spawn like monsters in the current outdoor map, like: for every non-occupied tile, every 0.5 seconds, there's a 0.001% chance a rare npc appears.
All non occupied tile maybe not, it could lead to some weird npc position but indeed on some tiles in each city (in a tavern, in the townhall, on the main place) some travelling merchants could appear trading you exotic potions and wares.
Maybe some could give quests:
A merchant comes to Fallhaven to look for some bonemeal so he could take it and sell in other cities. Each city could have a specific item which need a quest to be bought.
In this way if you sell some bonemeal to the merchant in Fallhaven you'll be able to buy some in Prim and so.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Wyrmspawn

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I had been creating a quest with a wandering guy, so after you hear a story, this guy has a random chance to show up on a map. So, unless you took credence in the story and kept your eyes peeled a thousand times... You wouldn't get a reward.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Fire7051

Post by Fire7051 »

Considering that I have not been outside of the Kazual temple for months (stupid RoL) this would actually give me a reason to leave to see if the NPC has appeared. Maybe the NPC could also give random fetch quests for XP. Such as bring me 15 animal fur, 10 glass gems, and 455 polished sparkling gems. Once you do he can give you some random stuff. While the items that you get may not be worth what you turned in for it the XP should balance it out.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I like to meet some random adventurer.... You can talk with them and gain some tips and/or chance of buy or trade some rare items.... or you can try to kill them and if you win you got their gear and some items and gold..
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Good idea Sarumar....and I'd like them to be more than rare...something closer to the highway man.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Idea for a Rare NPC:

The odds of finding this creature could be like the legendary items ( 1 : 10,000), it could be almost anywhere in the known world (except for inside houses or villages)

Unicorn
Total AP: 12
Attack Cost: 2
Move Cost: 4
AC: 250%
AD: 0-300
CHS: 5
CM: 3
BC: 250%
XP: ?????

Drop: Unicorn Horn (Extraordinary Item), x10 meat, x3 Animal Hair

Unicorn Horn:
This item could be used to forge a weapon if you bring it to the Smith in Vilegard.

Depending on how you interacted with the Blacksmith when either fixing or destroying the mysterious sword you might have to bribe him or he may willingly do it for you.

Please don't freak out over the stats or drops, they can always be changed.

Just an idea. =)

Happy hunting my fellow adventurers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Hmm, I like this idea :) Were you thinking it could appear only in a certain spot, or randomly anywhere?
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6