v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

some more fish - quest idea

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

some more fish - quest idea

Post by Moerit »

I had the idea of a fisherie in the world of AT. Another spot wher you could get some nice perch (and maybe other fishes?)
I thought about the player is arriving at the fisherie but no water is there.
After some conversations with the three inhabitans 2 Quests could start.
The player gets the informations that the three inhabitans (Gisela, Drom and Graill) are the last generation of a fish-cultivating family.
The one quest is about a search for a missing guy - I called him Bigert and hes kind of "future hope" for the fisherie(Quest starts at Gisela) and the other about an investigation about the missing flow of the river(Quest starts at Drom).
The oldest brother (Graill) is a bit addicted to wine and the leader of the fisherie. You can only proceed any of the quests if you started them both. He sends you away into a mountaincave where you go through, On the other side of mountain you meet a feygard guard alone in the wild. Next to him a sekelton (Bigert is dead :() and a dam with which he changed the way of the river.
1. Decison: kill him
2. Decision: listen to him

Further progress with 1. Decison:
Player goes back to fisherie,
talk to Gisela -> Tell her about Bigerts'death and the revenge you did, her quest ends here (low reward)
talk to Graill-> he so shoked about bigert's death that you have to give him some wine to calm down
you find a bottle in the house and give it to him. He drinks and falls unconcious after sending you away with a shovel to dig the dam away.
When you digged away the little hill on the other side the player could get some negative actor conditions because its really hard work. This is where a replace tigger will fill the empty river bed with water.
Returning to Graill could give you the reward to buy perch at that location too.

Further progress with 2. Decision
The Guard tells you about his leader who wanted to examine the mountain but not returned for some days and because he got a map of the area with him he decided to wait for him but got bored and build the dam.
Furthermore he tells that he was scared alone in the night when he killed Bigert who was sneaking around. It was some kind of "Mistake" or maybe he thought Bigert would be a thief.
You get a new Quest -> Find The leader in the mountain
As you examine the cave more closly (maybe heres a keytrigger usefull) you get into the mountain. Find the leader dead - eaten by a mean cavemonster. I thought about making the monster really really strong (far stronger than the monster on the road) and that you find the map in front of the cave so you can proceed the quest and return later to kill the "thing".
returning to the Guard you see that he digged away the mountain. (Player can return to Graill and gain bigger reward )You give the map to him.
The Guard tells that their goal is a secret feygard-outpost somewhere in the mountain. so you go back to th emountain and search for it (You could find the ledder at the first time visiting the camp, but could not proceed without having the next quest stage). You find it left alone up to a ledder with curious words on it. The Guard tells you that its a secret language which only guard with higher rank could decode
Furthermore i have some trouble unravelling the quest.
I would like that the player has the options to
1. Give the ledder to the Guard and send him to Feygard (Quest ends)
2. Give him the options that "player" carries the ledder to feygard ( here a new quest starts and old one ends). Furthermore i would anyhow like to treat the Guard going to the fisherie and fell in love with Gisela - then there would be a great happy end and the player could buy some special fish at Gisela as big reward.

Anyone of you got an idea which reason could let the Guard go to Gisela
- and even more problematic: A reason for Gisela to flirt with the murder of his ex-lover?

I already made all the maps, the questlogs and some conversations (roughly - to test the triggers) but dont want to spoil any more ideas (I will post maps and more when the thread moved to Developement Corner).

What do you think in generally of this kind of idea? Actually i didn't thought about item and NPC/monster atributes - ideas for that are also welcome =)
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: some more fish - quest idea

Post by Covenant »

+1.
Well thought out and a thorough start on the quest script. Don't suppose you would want to have crack at building the map areas related to this quest in Tiled? Not that I have any mp skills myself, else I'd offer to help. But from what I've seen of your other work, you're quite good at it? Why not try adding the Fisheries as new map areas to your existing work?
Moerit
VIP

Post by Moerit »

Thanks for your answer covenant - i really wasnt sure if this quest idea would be anyhow interesting.

I already made all maps and now decided to post them here. Have Fun looking.
worldmap_fish.png
worldmap_fish2.png
I will go on writing the dialogues, but i dont think i will be ready this year :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Covenant

Post by Covenant »

+1
Holy [redacted]!! That's a brilliant map layout. Now I want to play the quest. I hope the guys mark it for inclusion with 0.72!

You know, if vaguely reminds me of one of the towns and quests in Breath of Fire (Super Nintendo). One of the towns had a river through it that was dried up (and a little dude was still trying to fish: funny!) - your quest is to destroy the boulder blocking the river and restore life to the town.
Moerit
VIP

Post by Moerit »

:oops:
Thx Cove. The Layout is still not perfect - working on it.
What do you think of the Mountain? Im not sure how i feel about the bottom left mountain trail - is it too designed? I tried to make a flowing transition, where you go up several heights and give the illusion to go up a hill and walk on a ridge.

IDK "Breath of fire" but the objective in my quest is nearly the same. Depended on how you solve the quest there are two possibilities;
either you kill the guard and have to remove the blockade on your own (gives negative conditions) or you help the guard and he will remove it for you (would give better quest rewards and additional quests).
Its kind of tricky to bring the whole possibilities correctly in the dialogues - thats where im actually a bit stuck...
Covenant

Post by Covenant »

IMO, you need to balance the choices. Must like all the other quests in AT, each should give good and bad results. Either that, or somehow link the choice to the Feyguard vs Nor City theme somehow (Feyguard soldiers?). You want to make the choice difficult for the play to actually choose.

I see what you mean about the bottom left mountain, somewhat reminds me of the parapet of a castle. I think you're trying to make the pathway just that much more narrow and longer, but probably not needed. Just merge the area together a bit. But anyway you look at it, you've got a good handle on the map making and this adds variety to AT - IMO it should be incorporated into the game.

The rest of the mountain (or lower parts of it, using the tan coloured tile-set) actually reminds me a bit of Death Mountain from Link to the Past. I very much like that. Can't wait to get my 3DXL and copy of Link Between Worlds - am over the moon that they brought that world back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

+1 Wow, Moerit! This quest of yours looks good! Looking forward to seeing this in the game!
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Moerit wrote:...
Have you made any more progress on making maps? I would love to see a sneak peak of what you created!

Happy hunting adventurer!
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Moerit wrote:...
Have you made any more progress on making maps? I would love to see a sneak peak of what you created!

Happy hunting adventurer!
+1 I totally agree!

Moerit i love to see more!

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1