v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Preferences "profiles"

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Preferences "profiles"

Post by Oet »

Ohoy!

To start off, sorry Pyro if I yet again make a thread about something already brought up, but I couldn't find anything, and I really did my search this time.

In my opinion, there should be profiles for preferences options. For example, when I am on my high leveled character, I'd like to have instant combat speed and no loot box, just to make fast clears when grinding. And on my other characters, where I am still in the early levels, I'd like 'Fast' combat speed and loot box when finding an item. But even on those characters I'd like to be able to quickly change preferences, let's say if I'll travel from BWM to Remgard. Then I want my "farm" preference.

So my idea is from the character overview tab, you can have a few preference profiles to for quick access.
Would be awesome to name them yourself, so you could put up your "farm" "leveling" and etc. preferences.

/Oet
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
Sarumar
VIP

Re: Preferences "profiles"

Post by Sarumar »

Oet wrote:Ohoy!

To start off, sorry Pyro if I yet again make a thread about something already brought up, but I couldn't find anything, and I really did my search this time.

In my opinion, there should be profiles for preferences options. For example, when I am on my high leveled character, I'd like to have instant combat speed and no loot box, just to make fast clears when grinding. And on my other characters, where I am still in the early levels, I'd like 'Fast' combat speed and loot box when finding an item. But even on those characters I'd like to be able to quickly change preferences, let's say if I'll travel from BWM to Remgard. Then I want my "farm" preference.

So my idea is from the character overview tab, you can have a few preference profiles to for quick access.
Would be awesome to name them yourself, so you could put up your "farm" "leveling" and etc. preferences.

/Oet
+1 New and good idea!
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Covenant »

+1 for a good idea.

Which raises a point: Where does AT store your preferences? I've had a poke around in the andors-trail folder that's written out to the storage on my phone and can only file the savegamesand world maps data. Can find anything else. Anyone know? I'm thinking that there might be a way to do this now, provide the preferences are written to a file, by swapping different versions of this config file with a file manager on the phone. Next best thing if the feature is never implemented into the game itself.
Oet

Post by Oet »

Covenant wrote:+1 for a good idea.

Which raises a point: Where does AT store your preferences? I've had a poke around in the andors-trail folder that's written out to the storage on my phone and can only file the savegamesand world maps data. Can find anything else. Anyone know? I'm thinking that there might be a way to do this now, provide the preferences are written to a file, by swapping different versions of this config file with a file manager on the phone. Next best thing if the feature is never implemented into the game itself.
That's something I wonder aswell. I guess Zukreo might be able to come with an answer and maybe tell us if it's easily done.
Oet:

Last updated 22/01-14
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Oet: Interesting suggestion

When i am playing builds of different levels i do change my preferences so that i can get the biggest advantage (like low level leaving confirm attack on, or high levels i turn it off)

Ps: I will never get upset as long as you try to do a search first.

Happy hunting and holidays adventurers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oet

Post by Oet »

Pyrizzle wrote:When i am playing builds of different levels i do change my preferences so that i can get the biggest advantage (like low level leaving confirm attack on, or high levels i turn it off)
Yes, confirm attack is quite a must have when trying to play around at level 1 or 5. Would be lovely to just save preferences to a certain character or have the preferences profiles as mentioned.

Pyrizzle wrote:Happy hunting and holidays adventurers!
Thank you, and you too!
Oet:

Last updated 22/01-14
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I checked the sources and the preferences are handled by the dedicated android api on a per-app basis.
Migrating these to the saves shouldn't be that hard.
However, I think we'll have to keep the current system to handle the defaults that will be used for new games.
Maybe move the gameplay related options in a new tab next to skills and inventory and keep the technical options as they are now...

A big +1 from me on this idea but some stuff needs to be discussed.

Edit : from what i see on my non rooted device, it's stored either in a database, either in a hidden file, so no easy way to swap manually. Another argument in favor of this idea.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2