Repeat Quests

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Dizzy Spells
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Repeat Quests

Post by Dizzy Spells »

Ok, my idea here is to add new quests, maybe given by innkeepers, that require you to collect a certain number of monster drops (animal hair, poison gland, etc.) and trade them for xp. There's been some speculation that these items will be used for alchemy or similar, and if so, so much the better. AT has several significant choices, and this would add to them. Do I want to sell these materials, make them into items, or boost my leveling? These quests would be repeatable, maybe infinitely, maybe a set number of times, and offer slightly increased rewards each time. Ideas? Go!
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Repeat Quests

Post by Zukero »

There already is one such "repeatable quest", sometimes called "tasks" in other RPGs, in AT.
When you sell Izthiel claws to the fisherman
There is no XP reward, and the current code does not allow repeatable XP reward. Only quest progress & kills can give XP reward, and Progressing to a given quest step can only be done once.
You *could* create a quest that is repeatable X times, with X being a set, finite number.
I could also consider adding the ability to give XP as a reward in dialogues, but that would require discussion with the dev team first.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Mourngrim
android_version: 4.0

Re: Repeat Quests

Post by Mourngrim »

As long as the numbers aren't massive, it's a great idea. Especially useful when you are grinding/farming anyway. Depending on the prey, it can slot in anywhere there is a perceived quest gap.

A tavern owner that needs 10 meat for a banquet could easily be done in Crossglen or Remgard, level 5 or level 30, or anywhere else really.

The XP comes from the killing if it can't be added as a quest reward.
Lvl: 49, XP: 2184338, Gold: 15918, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 86, AC: 256%, AD: 30-35, AP: 3, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 108%, DR: 1