v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

equipments with slots

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

equipments with slots

Post by ace »

we have so much weapons in AT that rarely anybody have used all of them and when we have our mightiest weapon in game the other weapons lose their purposes and same in case of armors. and also having extra slots for wearable items like pants, belts etc will demand a no. of new items to be added to the AT.
so I am thinking about having items with slots(1or 2) so that a Orb or a gem can be fitted in the slots with the help of a smithy.
but it will have certain failure chance making the slot unusable.
and to stop the save reload game abuses, whenever the process will be carried out, the game will save itself so you can't reload the same one except another.

and gems or orbs can poision or burn your enemy or else when use it with your equipments.
what do you say??
Last edited by ace on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: equipments with slots

Post by Zukero »

I think he meant items that have slots, not extra equipment slots on the player.
Example: you get a sword with one empty slot, add a gem of fire to make it a burning sword. It exists in many RPGs.
Lots of work for a result we can already have like in Remgard or the xuul' vir.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

Zukero wrote:I think he meant items that have slots, not extra equipment slots on the player.
yeah that's what I meant. but this have to be restricted for weapons that have 4 AP or less otherwise it will be overpowerd.
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

actually its like you have a ordinary sword with an empty slot on it and you placed poisnous orb and now sword get a 15-20% chance to inflict poision actor confldition on your enemy making your weapon quit useful.
Tomas 3
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Tomas 3 »

Hello friends I have a good example for slot weapon game : seed 3
In this game (i finish the game already)they use good elements :fire,ice,thunder,poison for weapons to have their orb was some dificult ,the orbs could be 7% 10% 13% 20% and need a blacksmith ,a catalyst and some gold.
The max slot was 2 .For AT we can use some enemies from charwood mine,blackwater mountain, poison forest etc
En train de traduire AT en français 60% fait

Lvl:70 HP:169 AC:283% BC: 134% AD:31-43
Gold:150k XP:6169352 AP MAX : 12
AP:4 CM:2.0 ECC:27% RD:6
ace
VIP

Post by ace »

hi, tomas! I have played and finshed it too and also seed2. but those elements don't exists in AT so we have to give it a more down to earth structure, only then it can be implemented in AT.