Skill: Hunting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Mourngrim
android_version: 4.0

Skill: Hunting

Post by Mourngrim »

I would like your thoughts on a new skill to be added into the game; Hunting. Taught as a quest reward, it would increase the drop rate of animal parts and edible animal parts by 20% of base chance. It would have five levels giving a max increase of 100% of the base chance (doubling it).

These numbers could be changed based on feedback.

I had thoughts to introduce this as a reward of a low-level quest I am considering, but if it's a bad idea, I'll have to come up with a plan B.

M
Lvl: 49, XP: 2184338, Gold: 15918, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 86, AC: 256%, AD: 30-35, AP: 3, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 108%, DR: 1
Tomas 3
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Skill: Hunting

Post by Tomas 3 »

i love the skill very useful for find hard skins as arulir or make more easy lodar potions ingredients
En train de traduire AT en français 60% fait

Lvl:70 HP:169 AC:283% BC: 134% AD:31-43
Gold:150k XP:6169352 AP MAX : 12
AP:4 CM:2.0 ECC:27% RD:6
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

The first level of this skill as reward for a low level quest could be useful early in the game,
especially since it doesn't consume a skill point. But how would the higher levels be gained?

As a reward for other (higher level) quests?
Then everybody would have level 5 of this skill sometime, the drop rate for meat by dogs,
boars and so on would effectively be 60% and you would carry loads of it with you later in
the game, when you don't really need it anymore (not to mention insect shells and so on).

Or by investing skill points?
I don't think I would invest a skill point to raise this skill early in the game since there are
others I'd get before. And later - see above.

One thing that came in my mind was 'cooking' as a second level for this skill.
You would not need fire or pans - it would simply be a certain chance that monsters
would drop cooked meat instead of raw meat (boars drop leather boots instead of
raw leather, so why not?).
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

but boars can't cook there meet on there own.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

ace wrote:but boars can't cook there meet on there own.
I imagined a poker face when you posted that and now I can't stop grinning like a lunatic.

Anyways, I think it will be assumed that the player automatically cooks the boar meat. I mean, boars don't cut steaks of themselves or make boots of their own skins automatically either.
Hey guys, I'm back.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

ok whatever wrymspawn but do you really think that this is something that should be focused on and implemented in game? for now there are more important things to work on.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
OmuNegru
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by OmuNegru »

Meat farmer in disguise. This skill would affect how much meat u get when farming dogs/snakes at low lvl and in return how fast u get good items from shops.
What's next ... herbalism? :P

I like Mayweed's idea with cooking meat , I think the fastest way to implement this is by introducing a Cook in Fallhaven ( maybe thieves den) that can cook your meet for a small fee.
You would have to complete a low lvl quest in order to get access to the NPC. The cook would need some firewood and a new frying pan. You would have to go back to Crossglen to obtain these items( Mikhail would guide you ).
I walk in the shadow
Xaels
lvl:45 HP 113, AP 3/12, AC 255%, AD 35-45, ECC 25%, CM 3, BC 90, DR 4
Mourngrim
android_version: 4.0

Post by Mourngrim »

Thanks for the feedback, it's very important. Everything will be considered before finalising it.

The object of the skill was to make grinding at the lower levels a little bit easier, and the numbers can always be adjusted. By giving the skill as a reward, it avoids spending a skill point in early game. Most people carefully cinsider their skill point spending up to level 40+, so it may be a while before anyone has a spare point to further upgrade this skill. Even if you focused on it completely from level 8, you would be level 20 before you maxed it out, you would have no other skills, and you are still only doubling the base chance, not getting something every kill. By the time you get to Lodar and those pesky Aurils (sp), you might consider spending a skill point in it. In that sense I don't think it's overpowered or useless.

I don't think carrying around too many parts is an issue, when they are sold for pennies mostly. 100 wings at level 50 is a problem? Also, by the time you get to higher levels, you only kill the animals with higher drop rates by accident.

M
Lvl: 49, XP: 2184338, Gold: 15918, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 86, AC: 256%, AD: 30-35, AP: 3, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 108%, DR: 1