A house..

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.

Would you like a house for the player in the game?

Yes (I would use it too)
53%
Yes (I wouldnt use it though)
No votes
No (Good idea though)
11%
No (you dumb)
26%
I care not..
11%

Total votes: 19

ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: A house..

Post by ace »

there's a game though i forgot the name in which you can brew your potions summon monster like pets and also catch fish and go underwater nd etc. i will serch the name and tell you.

and since andor's bro have visited so many place and also drank so much potion what he just need is ingredients,recipes and yes a potion station nd he brew potions to his test. don't need to pay.
in brain auto correction feature, i like that.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Tomas 3
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Tomas 3 »

now a have better idea mum player
En train de traduire AT en français 60% fait

Lvl:70 HP:169 AC:283% BC: 134% AD:31-43
Gold:150k XP:6169352 AP MAX : 12
AP:4 CM:2.0 ECC:27% RD:6
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Personally, I think it's a good idea; but that's the thing. It's too good. To actually justify making this idea part of the game, the carrying out of the idea would have to be terrific as well.

The devs would have to devote a huge amount of time to coding stuff; quite possibly from the scratch, since I'm not aware of any pre-existing commands that would allow a player to essentially custom-make their own map. In other words, the devs would have to design a system to allow a player to move objects around in the "house" in order to customise the house the way the player wants it to be. Such a system to allow the movement of items; previously regarded simply as static, immobile obstacles on maps that can sometimes interact with the player (e.g. walk against it (beds), walk on top of it (tunnel in Flagstone Prison), et.c.). The entire system might have to be rewritten to make this idea possible.

That's only the part about making the house. We're not even talking about adding extra quests to unlock portions of the house, adding cooking and smithing skills, and enhancing skills, any of which could mean just as much work for the developers.

And let's say that, somehow, the developers manage to take enough time away from their personal lives to squeeze all of this content into the game before the next update. What then?

This change will be too big. Andor's Trail will change its focus; everything will be centered around getting a house, and then building it, customising it, et.c., because around 20% of the game's content would be related to the house.

I'm sorry for raining on your parade; because I actually think that this idea is actually better than 50% of the ones I come up with; but I don't believe that there is no way to properly put this idea into the game. Sorry.
Hey guys, I'm back.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

@wrymspawn you got a point though potion making don't require so much work.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Melarec »

@Wyrmspawn: I agree, it would be a HUGE change to the game. But I wasn't thinking customization in the sense of actually moving objects around. I was thinking that talking to your "house steward" would initiate a 'mapchange' and add a new section or embellishment to the house. Also, I was thinking that the easiest way to work through that would be to make a map for every combination of the house. And new rooms would be new maps. I.e. You start with a small cabin. Bed, table, ect.. Then you decide you want an addition to the side of the house for a bedroom. So you speak with the steward, pay out materials, wood, small rocks, gold.. And then the map changes with a doorway to the side. You bed is gone from the main room and in the new bedroom. Same with all the other rooms.

And even if work did get started on it now, I don't think it would make it into the next update. Maybe the one after. Actually, the work for the maps could be done before this update, but the cooking and potion making may need to wait for the update afterward. I agree, this would be lots of work. :ugeek: But well worth it, in my opinion. :D

Glad you think it's a good idea though. 8-)
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Moerit »

In general i like the house-idea, thats why i voted Yes (I would use it too), but i think there are actually other things in programming to do than implenting that feature.
I could imagine this in some version after v1.0. I think we should firstly concentrate on developing the game a bit more fast-forward to get the storyline going on.
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
Melarec

Post by Melarec »

You are probably right, Moerit, the storyline has to come first. A house is more of an "Ive done everything. What now?" kind of solution. Maybe Andor could live there too.. If we dont kill him in the end.. :o

Another thing to go with the house is chickens.. I was really disappointed to be traveling around and see NO chickens. I was thinking 3 hp, 5% AC, 0-1 Dmg, 0% BC, 10 max AP, 10AP to attack. Would drop raw chicken and Feathers.. If not feathers then bones. Maybe 8 rounds of sustenance and 6 of food poisoning: 30% chance. (Salmonella)

PS; I havent thought much about making quests to help progress the search for Andor.. After I found from the Thieves that he was far abroad, I gave up. I figured that it was a never-ending quest.. Maybe I could think up some tangent quests for the main story.. :ugeek:

Edit: Also, Bump!
Eurase
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by Eurase »

A house would make only sense to me if there would be a maximum of items I can carry. (If items get a weight and by my character settings it is defined how much weight I can carry alone) Only in this case I'd need any "base". And fathers house already exists . . .
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

And of course we already have a hideout after solving some quests. Only a bed is missing there ...
Melarec

Post by Melarec »

Interesting. I knew not what was in the cave. Might you be so kind as to point me in the right direction to gain access?

Also perhaps after gaining access the player could hire rennovators in town to fix it up and add a bed. Perhaps hire miners to dig out extra rooms..

And, Eurase, you seem to have missed the grandeur of my idea.. It isnt simply a "base" but something the character could make his own. A house would add a small bit of realism to the game. Those who really get into it could like to go on a long journey or quest and return to their home to rest and relax. Maybe you arent a diehard roleplayer, but those who are would want something like this.

As an end-note, the reason I am not working on this myself is that Im on a tablet and have no personal computer in the foreseeable future. At least not one I could use for developing. :(