A house..

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.

Would you like a house for the player in the game?

Yes (I would use it too)
53%
Yes (I wouldnt use it though)
No votes
No (Good idea though)
11%
No (you dumb)
26%
I care not..
11%

Total votes: 19

Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

A house..

Post by Melarec »

Okay, sleep depraved idea..
A purchasable house for the player. Crazy right?

Prob remote and expensive, but well worth it. It starts as a simple cabin but you can upgrade it as you go along. (A build table or a steward who stays-putsky in the corner) Obviously the biggest perk would be a bed. And its your own bed so its not so grimy and gross from all the shared beds in the game.. :?

Another thing I was thinking of a stove (dont tell me they dont fit in; they're all over the place) where you can cook food. Predominately meat. Also perhaps a brewing station.. You would have to ask around for recipes; Priests teach healing pots, thieves teach more shady potions, and potion makers will teach you about what they sell. Lodar would prob be reluctant to give up his recipes.. There could also be new potions where you could trial-and-error at the potion stand. Obviously you could brew something up that would kill you..

Even further, there could be a weapons/equipment modifier. Somewhere you could add things to equipment to make them better. Maybe take some poisonous salve and add it to a weapon so that it poisons the target. Although, it wouldnt be a permanent buff to the sword.. Perhaps it only works for 5-10 applications.. Not hits, but times the condition is applied.

And back to the house..
To upgrade it you would need materials: Wood, stone, gold, ect..
Wood comes from ents in the adjoining forest, Stone from golems in the mines nearby. Gold from your own Gold. So on.
Maybe even a garden nearby...

Of course this would mean some major changes/additions to the game's code. And I am mostly poo at code, so I would need some help there.. But I would gladly do the maps and items and such.
I was thinking the house area could be in that open area way south of Fallhaven that looks like it should be a big forest.. I dont know maybe something is planned there already. I know Stoutford is supposed to be somewhere down there..

Anyway, this was just a thought. Maybe the devs will shoot me down. Maybe you readers will throw cabbages at me. Oh well. I put up a poll. Give me your thoughts.

In no way is this similar to or inspired by the Skyrim Hearthstone mod. 8-)
Mourngrim
android_version: 4.0

Re: A house..

Post by Mourngrim »

You already live with your father.

Wrong game.

M
Lvl: 49, XP: 2184338, Gold: 15918, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 86, AC: 256%, AD: 30-35, AP: 3, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 108%, DR: 1
Tomas 3
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Tomas 3 »

i want better a girlfriend for the player
En train de traduire AT en français 60% fait

Lvl:70 HP:169 AC:283% BC: 134% AD:31-43
Gold:150k XP:6169352 AP MAX : 12
AP:4 CM:2.0 ECC:27% RD:6
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

rather making a new one why not improve the existing one with his father, some extra rooms and a kitchen can be added though.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Mourngrim
android_version: 4.0

Post by Mourngrim »

Maybe a double garage for car and motorcycle :)
Lvl: 49, XP: 2184338, Gold: 15918, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 86, AC: 256%, AD: 30-35, AP: 3, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 108%, DR: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

He's a kid, so he's not old enough to sign the deed. ;)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Melarec

Post by Melarec »

I dont think you guys are taking me seriously. :?
  • 1.Mikhail is there for two reasons: You are young and need a father; You need someone to start the Search for Andor quest.
    2.Upgrading that house would be ridiculous, since there is a big mountain not two squares away. The new house would be wide and spacious.
    3.@Thomas3, the player's life is questing and fighting, no time for girls.
    4.Cars and motorcycles? There arent even horses.. Which is another thing Ill get to some other time.
    5.Old enough to sign the deed? This is another world. Things are not the same. And if you can venture far from home and slay powerful demons and dragons, you can buy a home.
I also thought about it and decided it would be neat to be able to go down different "routes" for the house; Lumber mansion, stone mansion, a stone castle, even go so far as to become the founder of a town. For instance you build a huge castle with walls and everything. Then refugees come from all over to seek shelter. Soon there are so many that a small town is started south of the castle.

On the other hand, you could go dark. Set up shrines to the shadow and summon monsters to protect your surroundings. Of course this would lower your "karma" with those who dont believe in the shadow.
And that reminds me of another good idea. "Pets" or followers. When I saw that Sien in Loneford had a teeth critter as a pet, I immediately wanted one. Perhaps some sort of brew you concoct at the potion station could be used for taming animals. Once tame they could follow you back to your house and could be placed in a "holding pen" of sorts. Then they could be trained for combat and taken with on adventures. This obv would not work on bosses or unique/quest mobs..

I, for one, think it is a good concept. It is clearly rough and needs polishing, but it is a good start.

Again I would need someone to write new code, but I could do the maps and the items and such. :ugeek:

Oh, oh. The player could hire the services of Hadracor's men after completing the devastated land quest, to clear out some of the forest for lumber and extra room. And the miners in Charwood could dig out stone and gems after you help them. Endless possibilities!! :mrgreen:
@Thomas3 again, maybe Rigmor in Fallhaven, after you help her father.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Melarec wrote:2.Upgrading that house would be ridiculous, since there is a big mountain not two squares away.
A few dozen kegs of gunpowder could fix that problem. There might be some collateral damage as rocks rain down on the village, but that could be easily fixed with a little more gold. :mrgreen:
Melarec wrote:3.@Thomas3, the player's life is questing and fighting, no time for girls.
Or home making. ;)
Melarec wrote:There arent even horses.. Which is another thing Ill get to some other time.
I'll save you some time. It's been suggested before, and rejected. No fast travel in AT. If you want to get somewhere, you tramp.
Melarec wrote:And that reminds me of another good idea. "Pets" or followers.
Familiars have also been discussed before, and rejected.

I've seen several ideas come up recently that have already been discussed, sometimes more then once (cooking is another example). You can easily find them by searching the forums (I'm not trying to be the forum police here, just an observation).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

heroes walk alone on their path not with an army, but your "potion station" idea is more good than owning a house nd you don't need to expand the house we can make underground rooms like the thief's den under fallhaven.
nd its not THOMAS3 its TOMAS3
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Melarec

Post by Melarec »

@rijackson, not "Fast travel" persay, but I was thinking more on the lines that you could race past mobs and have a very low chance that they will start a fight. Normal chances if you are standing still. Also I'm aware that some ideas have come up before (not aware of pets), but Cooking has been a big thing as of late and This was a neat way to compile a bunch of ideas into one concept.

@ace, glad you like the potion station Idea. Also, my brain has an auto-correct and Thomas is spelled with an H. :ugeek:

Like I said before, it's still a rough idea. And in my Op I did say I was sleep depraved.. :?