v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Question regarding "night visit" quest

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
creator9090
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Question regarding "night visit" quest

Post by creator9090 »

According to: http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/questlist.php

Farrik in the Fallhaven Thieves' Guild told me of a plan to help a fellow thief escape from the Fallhaven jail.
Farrik in the Fallhaven Thieves' Guild told me the details of the plan, and I accepted the task of helping him. The guard captain apparently has a drinking problem. The plan is that I get a prepared mead from the cook in the Thieves' Guild that will knock out the guard captain in the jail. I might be required to bribe the guard captain.
I got the prepared mead from the cook in the Thieves' Guild.
I told Farrik that I don't fully agree with their plan. I might tell the guard captain about their shady plan.
I have given the prepared mead to the guard captain.
I have told the guard captain of the plan that the thieves have to release their friend.
The guard captain wants me to tell the thieves that the security will be lowered for tonight. We might be able to catch some of the thieves.
I managed to bribe the guard captain into drinking the prepared mead. He should be out during the night allowing the thieves to break their friend free.
Farrik rewarded me for helping the Thieves' Guild.(1500 XP) [End of quest]
I have told Farrik that the security will be lowered tonight.
The guard captain thanked me for helping him plan to catch the thieves. He said he will also tell other guards that I helped him.(1700 XP) [End of quest]
THe first conversation with farrik I have to say I do not agree. THen I leave.

The second conversation with farrik, I agree to help. Quest becomes updated. I get the special mead from the cook.

I then go to the guard. And now it gets confusing....

I can either give the guard the special mead, pay 500 (or 400), and be done.

OR

I can tell the guard of Farrik's plan. And the special mead would stay with me. I would get Feygard allies [and the bed in crossroad tower, I think].....

I can not do both: tip off the guard (lie to farrik) AND give the guard the mead (comply with farrik)?

Am I right?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Question regarding "night visit" quest

Post by rijackson741 »

"Ideas and future development" is not the right forum for this question, but one of the moderators can fix that ;)

No, you cannot do both. AT is full of choices, and there is no way to know the consequences of those choices. I think even the developers don't know the consequences, because much of the game has not even been written yet :lol: Take your pick :|
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Well, I'd say it depends on the OP intention. If his post is about "should we change that quest", then it is in the right section ;)
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
creator9090
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by creator9090 »

@ rijackson741: True. Understood.

I just felt the interactions and effects were odd. Especially with the consequence of gaining (or losing) access to the bed at Crossroads tower, especially so early on.

Anybody who is not well developed character wise would have multiple dies when doing the bees quest or the river troll and losing the bed before even reaching the town seems kind of.... erratic.

@Zukero: Yes. I was thinking that should be changed - hence why I posted here. But I was also looking for clarification which rijackson741 kind of provided.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

This post reminded me of something that I've wanted to see added to the world...night time. I tried to get Oskar to implement night time, but it was not something that he was interested in at the time. there might have been other reasons. But what I wanted to see was a timer that ran in the background and when it hit a certain time, the world would start getting darker and gradually the sun would set. Then the reverse would occur.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I don't feel like it either. Real-time day/night cycles lose a lot of their value when the effect is purely visual.
I'm looking into a script control over map filters though.
See here for the possible effects: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5506&start=20#p52376
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Zukero wrote: See here for the possible effects: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5506&start=20#p52376
YES! Exactly what I was thinking. Once this was added, I wanted to see it expanded to have NPCs that are gone at night or only there at night.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"