v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Suggestion for Bonemeal tweak

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Zurls
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Suggestion for Bonemeal tweak

Post by Zurls »

As a noob player, I was wondering if maybe it wouldn't be better if
when I give Thoronir the 5 bones to make bonemeal, if that made 50 bonemeal and that's it (rather than an un-ending supply). So that when I have bought the 50th bonemeal I'd need to give him 5 more bones before he had 50 more available.
Just something that occurred to me that might make it a bit more of an earned challenge.

What do folks think?

Thanks!
Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Suggestion for Bonemeal tweak

Post by Melarec »

As the game is right now, I dont think that would work.. (Still I may be wrong.. :ugeek: )
Like with the antidote potions, that is a repeatable dialogue option with rewards attached. For this to work you would need to pay in a lump-sum and get them all at once. Perhaps 15 of them at a time.. Thats 765 gold at the normal rate or 51 per.

Though your idea adds more "realism" to the game, I dont like it since I would rather grind for a RoLS than trudge bacl and forth for bones.. Good concept, but again, it doesnt work for me.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

good idea but these potions are what you gonna need when fighting with the harder bosses. so collecting bones again and again isn't hard but time consuming.

@melarec i clicked on all the three of them and have you created any yet. and also i have clicked two times on sharae so they can be levelled up to infinite by clicking again and again on them.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by BethelAbba »

This idea is something I have been pondering.... why couldn't bonemeal potions be a continued cost of bones + cash? It would surely cut down the active supply.... I have over 900 and have used 700 or more. That's a lot of potions from just 5 bones given in the beginning.
yeah, I know all about necro'ing threads, but it seemed easier to raise the thread for fresh discussion that to create a new thread.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

yeah, I know all about necro'ing threads, but it seemed easier to raise the thread for fresh discussion that to create a new thread
... and it is very siutable for talking about bones :D
Nut
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Bonemeal potions have become a central part of many (most?) players' style and strategy. Making them difficult and or rare would require you to spend a *lot* more time grinding either for bones or for the extra 4x gold to pay for major healing potions.

That being said, they are really moat useful when you are underpowered. As content increases, assuming that there is new material of low to mid levels, so that you can just go from to quest to quest without being underpowered (once you find the best order), or can just retreat when you are underpowered and go find another quest, bonemeal should become less vital.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
BethelAbba

Post by BethelAbba »

Nut wrote:
yeah, I know all about necro'ing threads, but it seemed easier to raise the thread for fresh discussion that to create a new thread
... and it is very siutable for talking about bones :D
I know, right?

Usefulness aside, Tomcat --- I'm not talking about doing anything more than would already be somewhat available. Instead of selling your bones en masse every time you hit the store, you'd merely save them in order to grab 50 more BM potions
Hmmm, definitely not encouraged to call them BM potions... makes me think more of Exlax, Pepto Bismol or Milk of Magnesia.... just what was that one I used to drink straight from the bottle back when I was living in the states, I can't remember the name at the moment....
It wouldn't make them rare, just more realistically balanced.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

I don't find myself collecting large numbers of bones (i.e. significantly more than 5) early enough in the game for this to be no big deal. I'm not entirely opposed, however. Some needed changes will just be big deals.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

If this is implemented, I think the drop chance of those bones needs to increase in the bone quest cave north west of Fallhaven.
Voom
thebeast

Post by thebeast »

In my opinion I wouldn't mind have bonemeal potions harder to get as they should be harder then just 5 bones for unlimited stock considering they're supposed to be illegal lol
Old veteran player from 2011. On my 13 character now lol. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer :shock:
Lvl 45 HP: 111 AP: 12/3 AC: 333% AD: 34-51 BC: 96% DR: 6
skills: BS +2 CS +2 IF +2 REGEN +1 FS:DW +2 S:DW +1 OH SO +2 LAP+1 HAP +1
ROLS: 1