Ideas for Improving the Game

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
testertwo
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Ideas for Improving the Game

Post by testertwo »

Hi guys!

First I want to say thank you for making this game open. It is really interesting to see the development and how things change, and hopefully to be able to have influence on the game as a fan. I've played the game as far as it goes, and it really fascinated me all the way through. So, despite me listing criticism, everyone involved in programming this deserves a big thank you.

Some things I think can be improved:

1) More character designs. Rather than just one hero, why not have multiple sprites that the player can choose at the beginning? It would give more replay value playing with a different looking character, should be easy to implement, and could allow for different genders, classes, or races. Even more complex would be changing the sprite based on the armor worn (wearing heavy armor makes it have a suit of armor, for example), but I'd be happy with the first idea.

2) Weapons with AP that doesn't match the total AP are pretty worthless. The extra AP should roll over into the next turn somehow or let you strike but at a weaker strength or something. There were many cool weapons but then I'd see 7 or 8 AP and it's basically worthless.

3) There should be a temporary "ending" to the game, even if it is beta. After reaching lodar, there should be a small credits screen. Something that lets players know they are done with the game, rewards them for beating it up to that point, gives credit to the programmers and helpers, and maybe even directs them to this forums to have them help continue the progress of the game if they liked it.

4) I wish there was more options in quest results. My friend who told me about this game said it was really open ended and you can choose your destiny and stuff. But then I get one of the first quests, with a guy hiding from his wife, and I want to choose to keep his secret from his wife. Yet, the game won't allow that! My only option is to tattle and tell the wife. That's just one example of many where I think there could be more options, even if the end result is basically the same.

5) I also wish there was a little more strategy in battles. The battles are just attack, attack, attack, heal, repeat. Perhaps you could introduce magic for both the players and strong monsters. Keep it limited use (you can only use a few times before resting, with no way to recharge) so the combat is mostly the same, but you can use it in desperate situations or to create more interesting strategy.

6) And lastly, there are some monsters in the forest to lodar called Morkins(maybe?) that are really really weak. They can't even damage me and give off a lot of experience. Unless this was intended, you should strengthen them to be stronger than the monsters before and after.

Thanks for reading this. I hope to guide the development of this game a bit. And if you need help with creating maps or other ideas, I'd be glad to help with that too! Thank you.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Ideas for Improving the Game

Post by ace »

welcome! on the forum testertwo. you are right about somethings that should be changed but not right now this time there are less peoples devoloping the game and they are all already working on a thing or two for the game in there free time.

the answers point by point :
1) having different looking character can be added but different classes/races will take a lot of time and increase the game size.

2)I also agree that most of the weapons becomes useless at higher lvls and I also suggested a idea http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 546#p48546.

3)rather than ending the message congrates you on completing the available quest and redirects you to a npc who tolds you about legendry/extrordnry items and the message also give you a link to the forum.

4) I don't know why this quest is so short but there is a piece of paper in there basement saying meet me at the lodars hideaway. who knows that guy turns to be a main conspirator so just give him to his wife.

5)the magic don't exists yet but explosive vials can be option for adding a new taste to the combat system (but they will hurt us a little also).

6)those morkins and there leader are easier to kill, but this maybe implemanted do that player upon reaching that place wouldn't exhaust to continue and also they drop healing potions which is quite useful at that time.

and let your ideas flow through the forum.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail