v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

summoning idea

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
chriseld182
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

summoning idea

Post by chriseld182 »

So this will either be a great idea or a really dumb one... I was thinking of a place where you can pay gold to have a monster/demon summoned by a wizard to fight. You give Stat specifications and what's basically happening is you're creating a monster by setting the stats you want it to have. Once created you can fight it and the XP gained is based off the stats you set. Say you create a strong monster with high stats and damage resistance, you get a crazy amount of xp after defeated (if you can defeat it). Perhaps a gained item for putting the stats at a set max and winning. 1000 gold or something to have the creature summoned, bonus xp for paying gold to fight a monster, and higher xp for higher stats. I think something pretty cool can be done with that idea.
Lvl46XP1.72MGold23kHP98AP4/10AC255%AD14-29CHS-19BC134%DR7
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: summoning idea

Post by Zukero »

I like it, and I think it is doable with the current game (just need the content), or at least, with some minor code changes.

This wizard would be convinced (through questing) to become your trainer, and allows you to choose between three exercises: beginner (one weak monster), average (three swarming bats), and expert (one demonic boss).
Upon successfully beating each level, you would gain the option to redo any for a price.

Selecting each stat one by one would be too much of a pain. We have to limit ourselves to a limited pre-defined set of battles.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
chriseld182
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: summoning idea

Post by chriseld182 »

Ah, understood. I know nothing of writing code for a game so I didn't know, but your alternative seems like a great idea.
Lvl46XP1.72MGold23kHP98AP4/10AC255%AD14-29CHS-19BC134%DR7