v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Compendium of history

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
DanielS
VIP
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Compendium of history

Post by DanielS »

Amazing work. Is it possible to add something about Knights of Elythan, Kazaul and Elythara ( or maybe some legends about ROLS etc.) ?
Lunaticbpsf
android_version: 3.0

Post by Lunaticbpsf »

Grammar- and spell check:

Age of a Rising Kingdom

* "They feared the growing influence of the new founded Kingdom" > New-founded or Newly founded.
* "Big and terrifying creatures they were, with the(...)" > Insert comma
* "(...)giving him access to the rich ressources of ore(...)" > One "s" in Resources
* "The former enemies even agreed to a trade arrangement were both sides should(...)" > 1. Where, 2. Would
* "On the one hand, the Kingdom could offer supplies like food and products of their craftmanship, on the other hand the mages offered(...)" > 1. Skip the "the". 2. Skip "hand". > "On one hand(...), on the other".
* "They even installed an university for talented young man to work on their magical gifts." > 1. a university. 2. change to Men. Consider changing "Installed" to "Founded". No grammatical error, just a simple matter of taste!
* "In the East, religious fanatics attacked the lands around Nor City." > Insert comma, or rephrase to "Religious fanatics attacked the lands around Nor City in the East."
* "The twisted Cult of the Gargoyle aimed(...)" > Rephrase to "The twisted Gargoyle Cult" < Emphasis on Cult.
* " In a brutal war the zealots were thrown out, even if rumours(...)" > Rephrase to "The zealots where thrown out in a brutal war, even(...)"
* "(...)thrown out, even if rumours were saying that there are still remains of the cult(...)" > Consider rephrasing to: "(...)even if rumours said that remains of the cult still lingered(; hidden in caves(...))"
OR: * "(...)still remains of the cult, hiding in caves and continuing their rituals, outlasting the centuries." > Remove the first comma, or add ; instead.
* "(...)the superb arts of craftsmanship(...)" just "Craftmanship" would suffice.
* "Taverns were build so traders" > 1. Built, 2. "(...)so that traders(...)"
* "(...)could take a rest on their trips(...)" > 1. "(...)could rest(...)", 2. "During"
* "The most famous ones were the Taverns at Crossroads, near the(...)" > 1. "Tavern" < Singular, 2. "at the Crossroads" < Specified.
* "Around Fallhaven and the Foaming Flask first traders and crafters settled around to found the cities of Fallhaven and Vilegard." > rephrase to: "Around Fallhaven and the Foaming Flask, traders and crafters began to settle, eventually founding the cities of Fallhaven and Vilegard."

Other note:
Also, consider removing Fallhaven from the list of taverns until the city was actually founded. It makes more sense that a settlement would occur before building a tavern in the middle of nowhere. The Foaming Flask make sense since the route is well-travelled.

I will continue with the other pieces soon :)

You're doing a great job! Keep it up!
Ethyr
Lvl 90, XP 13574803, Gold 271808, HP 337, AC 289%, AD 49-60, AP 4/12, ECC -, CM -, BC 151%, DR 4
On Hit 0-3 HP, On Kill 3 HP, Shadow Regen.

RoLS 2, ElyR 1, RoL 2, ChaR 1, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 1, VSH 1, WMC 1, GoW 3

CS 2, QL 10, IF 6, MF 2, DBotS 1, OSP 1, SP 1, LAP 1
Unused 2
lakra
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by lakra »

@Daniel:
I will have a look at the knights and the RoLS.

@Lunaticbpsf:

This is awesome, thank you very much for the correction work, I will edit the post with the corrected phrases and the fact about Fallhaven.

Edit: Done
lakra
Lvl: 76 XP: 7890637 AP: 12/3 HP: 249 AC: 394% AD: 58-65 CHS: -29 BC: 140% DR: 3
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 1 MC: 1 CS: 2 CE: 1 IF: 5
Reg: 1 WP:Da: 3 WP:1S: 1 AP:L: 3 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1
RoLS: 1
Status Effects: SR
lakra

Post by lakra »

Added Knights of Elythom
lakra
DanielS
VIP
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by DanielS »

Thanks a lot :)
Autolycus

Post by Autolycus »

Lunaticbpsf wrote:
Other note:
Also, consider removing Fallhaven from the list of taverns until the city was actually founded. It makes more sense that a settlement would occur before building a tavern in the middle of nowhere. The Foaming Flask make sense since the route is well-travelled.
If you look at the history of towns and cities (especially on the east coast of the USA), taverns or "ordinaries" were often built halfway through long roads to provide tradesmen and travelers a place to rest during their journey. People started setting up businesses next to these early motels, and they built houses nearby so that they would have a place to live. Eventually, what used to be a pit stop had turned into a small village, so the current order of tavern before the city was founded works well.
Lvl: 32 | XP: 603484 | AP: 12/5 | HP: 95 | AC: 175% | AD: 31-55 | CHS: -10 | CM: - | BC: 72% | DR: 0
WA: 1 | HH: 1 | CS: 2 | IF: 2 | AP:H: 1 | FS:2H: 2 | DBoS: 1

King of Thieves
Lunaticbpsf
android_version: 3.0

Post by Lunaticbpsf »

My point being that the Fallhaven area would not have been a travelled route. It's a farming area :)
Ethyr
Lvl 90, XP 13574803, Gold 271808, HP 337, AC 289%, AD 49-60, AP 4/12, ECC -, CM -, BC 151%, DR 4
On Hit 0-3 HP, On Kill 3 HP, Shadow Regen.

RoLS 2, ElyR 1, RoL 2, ChaR 1, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 1, VSH 1, WMC 1, GoW 3

CS 2, QL 10, IF 6, MF 2, DBotS 1, OSP 1, SP 1, LAP 1
Unused 2
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

"Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous." - Bill Moyers

Gosh I miss Bill. I read this history a while ago, but even rereading it, well.. I enjoy a good read. AT is like a interactive novel, filled with imagery, action, and an impressive and dynamic history (if we engineer it correctly). There will be more, I'm sure! If I sound somewhat glossy on the topic, it is b/c I'm currently listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEdQ912xQQ.
Voom
lakra

Post by lakra »

Hey Voom,

it's been a while, since I wrote the stuff. Great to hear that it's still recognized :-)

Hopefully I will find the time to include the backstory which Zukero wrote in the forums so this is going to be more accurate.
Unfortunatly I'm currently too busy with new job, studying in the evening for new degree and finding time for my family and my litte daughters :-).

Anyways greetings to everyone and the Dev Team, I'm looking forward to the new update. Keep up the good work and more important, keep up this great community.
lakra
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

lakra wrote:Hey Voom,

it's been a while, since I wrote the stuff. Great to hear that it's still recognized :-)

Hopefully I will find the time to include the backstory which Zukero wrote in the forums so this is going to be more accurate.
Unfortunatly I'm currently too busy with new job, studying in the evening for new degree and finding time for my family and my litte daughters :-).

Anyways greetings to everyone and the Dev Team, I'm looking forward to the new update. Keep up the good work and more important, keep up this great community.
Family comes first!

Keep up the good work and come back to the forums soon. :)
Voom