wait (number of turns) function to respawn monters/ regen HP

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
zafer
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

wait (number of turns) function to respawn monters/ regen HP

Post by zafer »

First of all pardon my English.
My character is level 26 and playing for experience in gargoyle caves. Here I kill all the monsters in the rooms and have to wait for them to re-spawn. Over the course of gaining a level, it consumes a lot of time.
My humble request to the creator is that can we have a "wait (number of turns)" kind of function preferably in quick slot for the next release?
Selecting the quick slot for "wait" would consume game time but not real life time.
Also, we can have the "wait" condition aborted when, say, a monster attacks the PC.

Please do consider since it can save a lot of (real life) time + battery as well.

PS - Splendid game. First time I am seeing an RPG which is both newbie friendly as well as having considerable depth.

Thank you
Melarec

Re: wait (number of turns) function to respawn monters/ rege

Post by Melarec »

If you sleep in a bed, it will not only regen your health, it will reset all the maps and the MOBs will respawn. Also, there is a two minute count where, when you leave a map, two minutes later all the MOBs reset. So, if you find a good "circuit," then you can go round and round and there will always be things to kill!

Happy hunting!
And welcome to the site! :D
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

hello zafer and welcome on board, as melarec said you can reset almost all things like mobs, health and actor conditions. and also all mobs will respawn in 3 minutes, you can just kill all the mobs in a map and move to other maps and can kill and wait there for 3 minutes and come back to the previous maps where all the mobs have respawned.
also you can alter combat settings in preference to increase the kill speed.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
zafer

Post by zafer »

Thank you for all the quick replies.
I have already altered combat settings. No messages are generated. Problem is that my PC is just good enough for gargoyle caves and not good enough for nearby high monster area like trail to Charwood. (Red colored beasts are easy, goblins and worms are tough). One solution is that I can come out of the caves and kill the nearby gargoyles outside and then head back in again. But I have observed that non-human gargoyles do higher damage and still give less experience points whereas trainers etc have just the right amount of attack damage that my character can handle.

I understand that the game's development is handled by Oskar Wiksten and a few dedicated individuals and all of whom are short on time and forum is already overflowing with new weapon, gameplay and quest requests from members. Still, I would like to persist with my request for a couple of days and see what other members have to say about it.
Autolycus

Post by Autolycus »

I see what your saying about long respawn times. For me, if I have to wait three minutes, I'll put in a load of laundry, do some studying, or play with the dog for a bit. Its a good way to be productive while taking a break every few minutes. Unfortunately, the more breaks I take the shorter the become :lol:
Lvl: 32 | XP: 603484 | AP: 12/5 | HP: 95 | AC: 175% | AD: 31-55 | CHS: -10 | CM: - | BC: 72% | DR: 0
WA: 1 | HH: 1 | CS: 2 | IF: 2 | AP:H: 1 | FS:2H: 2 | DBoS: 1

King of Thieves
decr

Post by decr »

While I agree that waiting around for regen and respawn can be frustrating (regen with an underpowered char on a hard map and respawn when going for rare items), adding a wait option might not be a way to go about it. For me the length of a turn seems too long outside of combat and speeding this up would help the regen issue without making it overpowering. Then again the nature of the game seems to revolve around drinking thousands of potions instead of using other means for healing so I don't know how much incentive there are for implementing such methods. Sure the RolS is nice but I wouldn't spend another several days grinding away for one (then again, who knows why I'm going for the RoL at the moment...).

With respawns I agree. I mostly play AT while on the bus or for short periods of time quite often and waiting for a respawn just feels silly. It doesn't matter as much when you can go and sleep nearby (snake cave) but in the garg cave for example this is not possible. Do a sweep, turn off phone for 3 minutes, rinse & repeat. Or browse AT forums :)
Lvl:54/XP:2.9M/HP:123/AP:12/AC:215/AD:37-52/BC:103/DR:5
RolS:1/RoL:1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Well, the 3 minutes delay before respawn serves two goals, from a game design perspective:
- Allow the weaklings to backtrack in a pinch.
- Prevent the grinders from grinding too much of the same mobs.

In this respect, there is no plan to implement such a "wait" function, not because we don't have time to do it, but rather because we don't want it in the game.

If you really want to, you can offset your phone's clock by 3 minutes. It works. Leave the map you love, change your phone's clock, renter map, kill them all, rinse and repeat.
Thinking of it, I think it could also work the other way around. Go deep in a cave killing mobs, set your clock back 1 hour, then go back to the starting point without any maps getting the full respawn. Haven't tested it though.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Lunaticbpsf
android_version: 3.0

Post by Lunaticbpsf »

Zukero wrote: Thinking of it, I think it could also work the other way around. Go deep in a cave killing mobs, set your clock back 1 hour, then go back to the starting point without any maps getting the full respawn. Haven't tested it though.
I read somewhere someone had tried to reset the clock after setting it orward several times, but the game would not respond - it translated it as an error.
So winding your clock forward works, but not the other way around :) And if you set your clock ahead, play>save, and then reset it, you'll have to wait until the curent time has exceeded you "fast-forwarded" time for the game to be willing to load again :)
Ethyr
Lvl 90, XP 13574803, Gold 271808, HP 337, AC 289%, AD 49-60, AP 4/12, ECC -, CM -, BC 151%, DR 4
On Hit 0-3 HP, On Kill 3 HP, Shadow Regen.

RoLS 2, ElyR 1, RoL 2, ChaR 1, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 1, VSH 1, WMC 1, GoW 3

CS 2, QL 10, IF 6, MF 2, DBotS 1, OSP 1, SP 1, LAP 1
Unused 2
zafer

Post by zafer »

Once again thank you all for all the quick replies. I guess I have to live with it as it is then. Can't type much on the phone. Anyway happy hunting everybody.
zafer

Post by zafer »

How about a "camping" skill?
I mean you can rest on the ground if there are no hostile monsters within 5 tiles in each direction. After using camping, you regenerate only 50% of your total HP.
You can also make this skill very difficult to obtain and regenerating 100% hit points may require level 4 of this skill.