v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Lack of game lore/ history/ NPC backgrounds

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
nyxkitty
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Lack of game lore/ history/ NPC backgrounds

Post by nyxkitty »

There'd be a whole lot of politics in-game to work out, and that's just Crossglen alone since Leonid doesn't seem particularly loyal to Geomyr. Maybe whenever we go to Castle Geomyr, there could be a tome or something that the pages were taken from.
Sithkitty | Lvl 13 | HP 39 | AC 150% | AD 14 - 20 | ECC 0% | CM 0 | BC 16% | DR 2 | 1891G | Item Stockpiler.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Books and pages are a usual way for video game to convey lore directly to the player, but it breaks the roleplay IMHO, as they are clearly targeting the player rather than his character.
I'd rather have the player learn about it from quest content, dialogues, and events as they occur. A scrap of text here and there can help, but I'd like to avoid using it as the main vehicle for information.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
nyxkitty
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by nyxkitty »

True that. I love learning through gameplay. It's also easier to read short snappy dialogue than a long paragraph of lore, and if more lore was written it'd be easier to post it on the wiki than in-game, so *if* people wanted to they can read it all.
Sithkitty | Lvl 13 | HP 39 | AC 150% | AD 14 - 20 | ECC 0% | CM 0 | BC 16% | DR 2 | 1891G | Item Stockpiler.
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Post by twirlimp »

I think a book outside the game would be a major fun-spoiler.

I suggest the lore is put inside the game.
Taverns could be expanded a bit and we can add an "old-man storyteller" that will tell you stories.

(Maybe if you buy hiim/her a beer first)

It'll make a nice quest, really, especially if he gets too drunk when we ask too much, hurts himself, and bye bye no more stories.
ideas plox