Ultra legendary items

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
thebeast
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Ultra legendary items

Post by thebeast »

rijackson741 wrote:
Zukero wrote:IMHO, legendaries should have unique traits rather than simply overpower everything else. That's why the RoLS and RoL are so popular.
I agree. A legendary item could be legendarily bad. How about "The Curse of Kazaul", a two handed sword that gives you rotworms when you equip it :evil:
Lol that would be funny to use if you made sure you had the ingredients to cure it first
Old veteran player from 2011. On my 13 character now lol. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer :shock:
Lvl 45 HP: 111 AP: 12/3 AC: 333% AD: 34-51 BC: 96% DR: 6
skills: BS +2 CS +2 IF +2 REGEN +1 FS:DW +2 S:DW +1 OH SO +2 LAP+1 HAP +1
ROLS: 1
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

Actually, that would be a wonderful idea, cursed legendary items. Stuff you have to farm like crazy to even get, and THEN you have to perform a particularly hard quest to uncurse them to make them into really good items. In fact, as a point of hilarity, other games I've played have required you to equip and actually use the cursed equipment for a long period of time in order to uncurse it.
A thought:
Dagger of Sorrows
AP: 7
AC: -35
BC: -20
0 Damage
drop chance: 1/1000 from a lich or something (maybe NocMar, the same place you get the Heartstone for that one unfinished quest)

Upon equipping, a quest comes up to "Restore the Dagger of Hope" by killing sorrow itself. Going to the player's father could allow transportation into an internal realm, where one has to fight their own sadness USING the dagger. Completion of the quest would change the dagger into the Dagger of Hope. Death would cause the dagger to disintigrate, forcing you to hunt up another one. The quest would only be able to be completed once to prevent someone from dual-wielding hope.
Since you are in an internal world, you could also temporarily remove all equipment, forcing the user to fight with their mind alone (and the dagger), but you'd have to make the enemies pretty dang weak if you did that, as even high level characters would have a problem trying to kill things with just that dagger.

Dagger of Hope
AP: 3 (I've wanted another AP3 dagger for a long time, not including the BWM daggers)
AC: 25
BC: 15
5 Damage
Status Effect "Unending Hope" Immunity to Fear, Despair, or other similar conditions.

Stuff like that can be really fun to do, similar to the rotworms quest but with a nice big reward at the end for dealing with the painful middle.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Kashim wrote:AP: 3 (I've wanted another AP3 dagger for a long time, not including the BWM daggers)
The Blackwater daggers are not really 3AP, because of the Blackwater Misery condition. The Quickstrike dagger is 3AP though.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

Yeah, that's why I didn't include the BWM daggers. The -1 AP on them means it eats your JoF. I know that the Quickstrike is a hard-hitter due to the pure number of swings, but the -20 BC wasn't ever really worth it to me. Plus, it didn't make sense that it had 0 damage on it. I understand that the purpose was to have another item just to increase the number of swings, to prevent slapping being the best form of combat, but it also means that there's really no reason to dual-wield them, and I'm a dual-wield addict.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

For a high level player the QSD is overpowered, even with the -20 BC and 0 AD. Don't expect another 3 AP weapon, unless it has a really major debuff.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Those would be extreme examples. For example, armor with crit.immune, 2 DR, but has AP +2 and AC -10%.
Voom