v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Damage reduction rework

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Damage reduction rework

Post by CKork »

Another thing that came to my mind:

currently it seems that damage reduction Works Like this:
total Damage that i'm About to receive minus Damage reduction value.

While in principle this is ok, i think it does Not work well with crits.

my view: if a normal Hit cannot penetrate your armor, the Hit does Not hurt you and therefore cannot be critical. if Damage gets through, only this portion of the Damage should be able to be critical.

therefore i suggest the following change.

Instead of:
(dmg*critfactor)-dmgred

change to:
(dmg-dmgred)*critfactor

it probably does Not look exactly like this, but i guess you get what i mean.

this should apply for mobs as well as the player.

your thoughts?
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
thebeast
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Damage reduction rework

Post by thebeast »

That is a great idea cause I agree its frustrating to see damage when there shouldn't be
Old veteran player from 2011. On my 13 character now lol. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer :shock:
Lvl 45 HP: 111 AP: 12/3 AC: 333% AD: 34-51 BC: 96% DR: 6
skills: BS +2 CS +2 IF +2 REGEN +1 FS:DW +2 S:DW +1 OH SO +2 LAP+1 HAP +1
ROLS: 1
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Damage reduction rework

Post by Kashim »

What is a critical hit? To me, a critical hit is the act of finding a break in the target's armor or defense, and thus striking them in a particularly painful or damaging way.
Strangely, I'd like to see this applied in a different way, as a reduction of critical chance. If you have a DR of 5, that should lead to a reduction of the chance to critical by your opponent of maybe 15% (easy *3). I always like to think that it's possible for my enemy, or me, to hit the opponent in the eye and do ridiculous damage no matter what. Unlikely, yes, but never impossible.
So, if my character has a critical chance of 50%, but my opponent has a DR of 5, then my effective critical chance might be something like 43.5% (15% reduced). This has a couple of benefits: it prevents the awful 100% critical trick found in many games, and it doesn't rule out horrific hits, but it does reduce the likelihood by a lot.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1