expiring weapons

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: expiring weapons

Post by Voom »

Repairing is fine under one condition (for me): we can utilize existing factors/items in the game that aren't being used now. Gems and other material.

The logic appears fine, but what do I know about how it should look? Lol, I like it. Could we differentiate b/w severely worn out and broken? One is still usable but the the other is not usable but also fixable.

Does wearing down of equipment reduce their effectiveness?
Voom
sethhof
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by sethhof »

This would definitely make it worthwhile to carry multiple sets of equipment.
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Post by Firefly84 »

Just think of this equipment: Diamond Sword and Armor: nearly indestructible, but when touching fire... :)
You will need diamonds and a special forge to repair.
And perhaps rename the glass crystal to quartz. Glass is to fragile. But quartz has some hardness.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
Nut

Post by Nut »

I wouldn't put too much details into expiring effect though, even if it gets more realistic.
It should not be comlicate to understand and handle, because most things in AT are easy to use.
Au contraire, the point is that a weapon might be really lost by using it. If there is no repair option - even the better. Or at least it should be expensive, maybe an Oegyth crystal.
That way I think players may hold their special weapons more in honour, and might change their favourite weapon more often.
Diamond Sword and Armor: nearly indestructible, but when touching fire.
Cool idea. And this would be another way to make players think about their choice of weapon. Like fighting against opponents who are immune to criticals. Having some more specifications would be ineresting.
(E.g. a wooden club should be better for brutes than for wasps)
Nut
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Disclaimer: I have no plans to introduce this so far.

A cool feature that I always hated in the first "Lands of Lore" (one of my favorite games of all time) was acid-spitting enemies that had a small chance at each attack to dissolve one piece of armor. I generally reloaded at that point, but it was a nice addition, and it would be rather easy to add in the game.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Nut

Post by Nut »

A cool feature that I always hated
:)
You put it into nice words. I seem to have a favour for inventing things people would hate :D
Nut
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

Zukero wrote:Disclaimer: I have no plans to introduce this so far.

A cool feature that I always hated in the first "Lands of Lore" (one of my favorite games of all time) was acid-spitting enemies that had a small chance at each attack to dissolve one piece of armor. I generally reloaded at that point, but it was a nice addition, and it would be rather easy to add in the game.
thanks. I don't wanna lose my precious flagstone sword and QSD.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail