v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Mirrortower / Calomyran Tower

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Mirrortower / Calomyran Tower

Post by Firefly84 »

I know the idea to have some kind of battle tower is not new, but this one shall be for mid-game play.

After a quest you got a Calomyran Key (remember Calomyran Secrets?).
This key is needed to enter the long forgotten Mirrortower or Calomyran Tower.
The walls of this tower were once covered with a material that reflected the light.
Inside this tower you find two ways.

Upstairs you will find some easy riddles and the floating gardens which have grown wild since the days of the Calomyrans.
There are plant-like monsters and vines to get in your way to the top.
Up there you met the guardian of the light, a mixture of stone and plant, once created to care for the floating gardens.
But the guardian of light has grown tired and stiff. He gestured to take care of his garden for him, to find the source of the monsters in them.
So that the gardens will become the heavenly realm it once was again.
To track that source you have to kill a fixed amount of monsters to attract the boss.
After defeating the boss (he should drop at least a Ogyth Crystal) the guardian of light provides you with the light stone, a powerful stone embeded in a necklace which will lighten your path when having equiped.
You promise to find some gardeners to help him in the future. They can be gathered around the villages/cities.

Downstairs the halls are covered with a material that seems to absorb the light.
You'll need the light stone to see your way. But be careful - the shadows are attracted by light and will attack you.
After figthing your way to the bottom of the tower's basement you will met the guardian of the shadow/dark.

:idea: That's when I don't know further. What suggestions do you have?
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Mirrortower / Calomyran Tower

Post by rijackson741 »

I'm not sure the dark part of the tower fits. Why not just leave it at the light part with the gardens?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Re: Mirrortower / Calomyran Tower

Post by Firefly84 »

Maybe you're right.
But this tower would be a good chance to get the light stone, which will lighten up all dark places (Way to Prim and Kazaul Temple).
Not the whole map but some tiles in front like a really strong flashlight.
I know that this has been recommended. Then you could use some pitch black places to stop untrained players to go to too dangerous areas.
I even tried Tiled a bit - but I just can't concentrate for such a programm.
Especially trying to build a round tower... Perhaps I will try to sketch something.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4