v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Enhancements

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
rbotDangerRot

Enhancements

Post by rbotDangerRot »

i just downloaded this, please forgive my ignorance if some of this has been implemented or discussed already.

option to use virtual joystick so it only takes your thumb in the corner of the device to navigate.

mini-map showing explored locations along with pin points of open quests so you can select them and see what it is you need to do there.

experience reward system for quests based on a percentage of your character's current experience level, not a static amount that may make completing an early quest worthless.

"death" should teleport the character to the last bed they used.

in conjunction with the above, sleeping bags or tents that could be purchased and used as a means to regenerate hit points and save your current location in case you die so that you can use them in large dungeons (if those are to come)

intelligent monsters should have a small chance of fleeing.

merchants should price wares on a supply/demand basis independent of other merchants so that players must go to different locations on the map to get the most value for their goods.

ability to teleport on a limited basis so a character can always escape to safety, perhaps at an exp penalty or if there's magic economy introcuded to the game, a major mana penalty.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Enhancements

Post by sdevaney »

Thank you for all your feedback it is appreciated greatly.
rbotDangerRot wrote:i just downloaded this, please forgive my ignorance if some of this has been implemented or discussed already.

option to use virtual joystick so it only takes your thumb in the corner of the device to navigate.
This has been suggested and may be implemented in a future release.
mini-map showing explored locations along with pin points of open quests so you can select them and see what it is you need to do there.
A mini-map has been suggested before but the pin points is an interesting addition. What would they be used for?
experience reward system for quests based on a percentage of your character's current experience level, not a static amount that may make completing an early quest worthless.
The earlier quests are easier to complete because they are designed for lower level players. If you are higher level doing lower level quests it would be even easier to complete. If we were to make quests give XP based on player level we would also have to change everything else in the game including monsters level and stats, player stats, items, etc.
"death" should teleport the character to the last bed they used.
in conjunction with the above, sleeping bags or tents that could be purchased and used as a means to regenerate hit points and save your current location in case you die so that you can use them in large dungeons (if those are to come)
This has also been suggested before and I don't think that it will be included in any future version we have planned. It just doesn't fit, people wouldn't camp out in a monster infested area.
intelligent monsters should have a small chance of fleeing.
This is a very interesting idea, would you care to elaborate on it a little bit? Once they flee do they disappear from the area or do they just move a couple of spaces away so you can simply attack them again?
merchants should price wares on a supply/demand basis independent of other merchants so that players must go to different locations on the map to get the most value for their goods.
Another interesting idea, we are trying to figure out a good economic balance for future releases.
ability to teleport on a limited basis so a character can always escape to safety, perhaps at an exp penalty or if there's magic economy introcuded to the game, a major mana penalty.
I don't care for teleporting but some sort of quick travel might be useful in certain situations such as between towns or something.