v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Added Tapatalk Support (Disabled)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Added Tapatalk Support

Post by nyktos »

having problems accessing the forum with tapatalk...
it wanted me to verify the URL before it would 'submit credentials'
anyway, this process is haulted & it says it cant connect.
it advised me to contact the forums admin.
[figured i would check it out / stuck with phone only browsing @ the moment]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Bornain »

I've tried tapatalk and didn't really like it. I felt as though I was missing out on content. For example, I looked at how many threads were in my usual browser, and then on tapatalk. It was missing the game and highscore threads. I didn't feel I could trust it to show everything. And I didn't like its basic layout.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

nyktos wrote:having problems accessing the forum with tapatalk...
it wanted me to verify the URL before it would 'submit credentials'
anyway, this process is haulted & it says it cant connect.
it advised me to contact the forums admin.
[figured i would check it out / stuck with phone only browsing @ the moment]
sdevaney wrote:I took it off for a while, looking at server load and bandwidth differences. Like I said if it seems like people like it and use it I have no problem with it myself. It doesn't cost me anything extra to host it.
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

i read that, but totally misunderstood. :lol:
thanks for your time sdevaney
"Embrace the Shadow"

qasur

Re: Added Tapatalk Support (Disabled)

Post by qasur »

sdevaney wrote:It doesn't cost me anything extra to host it.
I still use this app a lot and would *love* to see you continue to host it. Does using TapaTalk really eat up bandwidth etc if no one is using it?

Would love to see it get re-activated overall, but I can understand if I'm just *one* guy.
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

i would try it
"Embrace the Shadow"

sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

It's on the list for this week.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

What about Forum Runner? http://www.forumrunner.com/ (free download for forum admin) http://www.appbrain.com/app/forum-runne ... unner.free (free client download for forum members)

I haven't tried it myself, but there is a free version that seems to have all but stuff most people won't use. I downloaded it so I can test it out, be guinea pig :P , if you feel like installing it on the forum. Says it takes 5 minutes.

Also, if people are having problems viewing the forums from their phone, I would recommend Boat Mini Browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... go.browser. Has great options for viewing by website instead of mobile and is really fast with good customization. While looking at the Tapatalk video, I noticed there isn't much I can't just do with my browser.

DarkSavant13
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

DarkSavant13,

Have you ever tried, or considered trying Opera Mobile browser? One of its many benefits and features is also to choose whether the browser is recognized as a mobile or desktop browser (depending on what you select in settings), and displays it accordingly. When I did my research, some time back, I discovered that (at the time) Opera Mobile was one of only two truly independent running browsers that doesn't just offer you a different looking GUI layer atop the stock pre-installed Android browser. It supports Flash content, as well as HTML 5. This browser is updated with changes in technology (including device compatibility for newly released devices), but of considerable significance, offers updated java which is not even often experienced when your device gets an OTA update from your wireless carrier for your device. On one occasion, immediately after an update to Opera Mobile was released, and I installed it and discovered a bug and reported it. Within less than 24 hours, they provided another update that fixed that one bug. Obviously I'm impressed with the thoughtful implementation of options and features offered by Opera Mobile, and wanted to share my experience, in hopes that you have an opportunity to benefit from this product too. There's a lot of little details worth mentioning about the app as well, but I mostly wanted to cover the highlights to offer sufficient information for you to decide if this is an app you'd like to check out further.

Despite any rumors floating around out there, I'm not a company rep. :)
One of even fewer...
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

I had Opera mini, but found that it would give me a 403 error on some web pages. Having tried most of the other ones out there (Dolphin, Opera, etc.) I thought to give Boat a try and like it best out of any of them. It has all that you described with Opera and more. Fastest browser I've ever seen, especially when it comes to the loading of pages, video, and flash. I would suggest giving it a try as you can have more than one browser at a time on your phone. If ya don't like it, delete it. ;)

DarkSavant13
Boat Company Rep
(Just kidding, lol. :lol: )