Added Tapatalk Support (Disabled)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Added Tapatalk Support (Disabled)

Post by sdevaney »

We have added Tapatalk support for those of you that access the forums from your mobile phone.

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Don't care? Let us know so we can continue to provide you with the best experience both in game and out!

Thanks,
sdevaney
Last edited by sdevaney on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fix tapatalk link
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Added Tapatalk Support

Post by Pyrizzle »

IMHO: I don't care for Tapatalk because i would have to pay to use it. I can get around fine on the forums without it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

My opinion is that it's nice to have a convenience sometimes, but that it may well mean another process runs behind AT (at least sometimes) in this case. With some bugs looking like processor use may cause them I'm not sure the convenience is worth it this time. Maybe it's good for phones that work faster, but I'm not sure it's a good idea overall. :D
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I have never heard of tapatalk, do not know what it is or does, and when I tapped on the link to try to find out I got a "web page not available" page. Therefore I can not say whether I like it or not. Perhaps I have to subscribe and pay before I can access the web site?
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

lady black wrote:I have never heard of tapatalk, do not know what it is or does, and when I tapped on the link to try to find out I got a "web page not available" page. Therefore I can not say whether I like it or not. Perhaps I have to subscribe and pay before I can access the web site?
I got the same thing when i tried to open the link from the computer but when i opened it from my phone it brings me to the App market where it wants me to pay to use the App.

I just use a bookmark on my homepage to get to the Forums when i feel like poping in. It's quick, easy, and free (my favorite number)!

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

lady black wrote:I have never heard of tapatalk, do not know what it is or does, and when I tapped on the link to try to find out I got a "web page not available" page. Therefore I can not say whether I like it or not. Perhaps I have to subscribe and pay before I can access the web site?
Interesting. For me it just went to the marketplace. Here's a place that gives a few options to find it: http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php.

That said, you do have to pay in order to actually use the app. :)
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Fixed my link, sorry about the confusion.

I have Tapatalk and found it well worth the price but I also understand that a big draw for AT is that it is free.

I did some digging to try and find a free alternative but with no luck, although I did find a cheaper (at $1.99 instead of $2.99) alternative.

It has a free version of its app but it's read only. We may give that a try as well.

Browsing with the regular browser is ok but can sometimes be frustrating.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i might be without internet at home for a time - so this topic is of interest to me.
i can still frequent the board, it's just a hurdle...

anyway, my point is that if the $2.99 APP is superior - use that, even if it's more expensive.
my thoughts are that if someone has the need for the APP, they will appreciate it's functionality.

AT is free, the board is too...
this is more of an add on, if you REALLY enjoy the forum.

i will end up getting the APP when the decision is made [i think this is a great idea!]
but i dont wanna get them both to test, sorry... money is pretty tight right now!

hence the temporary loss of internet
[at least i'll have it on my phone]

so, if anyone has used both...
please share your thoughts!

thanks guys :mrgreen:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Ok, this morning I woke up to find that I fell asleep while still on the forum, logged out because I was pretty sure I had already been logged out for inactivity, found a private message notice in my email, clicked the link and ended up in the market, at tapatalk. Watched the video, which was quite amateurish and left me saying "What was all that?", looked at the sample screens, which were waaay more confusing than my beloved AT forum, and thought "I hope I don't HAVE to use this to get on my AT forum." Opened my Dolphin browser, went to my AT forum bookmark,logged in, and here I am. And I find myself still not really knowing just what the heck tapatalk is! I always use my phone for the reaching the forum, since I do not have a computer, and do not get the point of having to go into my browser, go into tapatalk to go into AT forum, and pay tapatalk 2.99 to do it. At least the price is pretty small, but I do not see the point of the whole thing. It seems to be an extra, unnecessary layer of login between me and the forum.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

lady black wrote:Ok, this morning I woke up to find that I fell asleep while still on the forum, logged out because I was pretty sure I had already been logged out for inactivity, found a private message notice in my email, clicked the link and ended up in the market, at tapatalk. Watched the video, which was quite amateurish and left me saying "What was all that?", looked at the sample screens, which were waaay more confusing than my beloved AT forum, and thought "I hope I don't HAVE to use this to get on my AT forum." Opened my Dolphin browser, went to my AT forum bookmark,logged in, and here I am. And I find myself still not really knowing just what the heck tapatalk is! I always use my phone for the reaching the forum, since I do not have a computer, and do not get the point of having to go into my browser, go into tapatalk to go into AT forum, and pay tapatalk 2.99 to do it. At least the price is pretty small, but I do not see the point of the whole thing. It seems to be an extra, unnecessary layer of login between me and the forum.
You do not have to use Tapatalk, I have used it on other forums and thought I would give it a try and see if anyone would be interested.

I do not use Dolphin Browser but in the stock browser a notification box pops up and all you have to do is tap Cancel and it loads the site like normal.

It doesn't look like it is getting much use but I will keep the experiment going for the next day or two and see if anyone else has any thoughts on it.

Thanks,
sdevaney