sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #1

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #1
2012-03-11
Present: Oskar, Scott, Matthew

1. Talk about what the meetings are for and what we hope to accomplish from doing them on a monthly basis.

- Our aim of these meetings is to allow for better team communication and general project direction. As well as giving ourselves a “soft” deadline for things.

2. What is finished and what is being worked on for v0.6.11?

- Splatter Images - http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/s ... tail?r=214
- Memory Management - Better memory management and image cache.
- Blurry monster - Some monsters have a blurred effect on their image. Trying to figure out which looks better. Maybe take a poll.
- Inventory filtering - Possible filter of item types in shops if we can get it to look and function well.
-> Oskar: re-sort inventory - Sort personal inventory long-press selection.
- Critical Hits: Introduce nonlinear formula; Introduce monsters that are immune to critical hits.

3. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered.

- Modify character looks - Would be a difficult code addition, big feature we would like to see includes female character options.
-> Scott: create a poll for future top 5 features that you would like to see included.
- Character Classes : reject - Oskar will write a post to explain why.
- World Map- Discussion about whether to use scaled tiles or an artistic style (i.e. LotR).
-> Oskar: How should we implement the world-map, considering how large the file itself will be if we use scaled tiles? Different levels of detail to help cut down on file size?

4. What is upcoming in the next release?

- World Map- See above.
- New maps for Lodar’s Hideaway and “green maze”

5. At the end of the post I would like to have one interesting fact about the development, or the people behind the project, a funny story that relates to AT somehow, etc.

-> Scott: Write post on forum containing the info from this meeting as well as a look back at the year.

6) What license is actually used on the graphical resources?

-Code/Content is GPL - Some graphics are not.
-Write a clarification on what resources use which license.

7) Release schedule - Should we aim for shorter bugfix releases after v0.6.11? Upsides/downsides?

- As long as we label it clearly as a bugfix, so that people won’t get (as) mad at the update not containing any new content. We feel this will be a better release schedule for the project.

8) How to get more people involved in writing quests and conversation than just me? Do we want that?

-> Oskar:Write tutorial for creating dialogue and quests

Miscellaneous Brainstorming

- Re-do conversation for Mikhail
- Create "tutorial quests"
B1GG13DDAY
android_version: 2.2

Re: Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #1

Post by B1GG13DDAY »

Thank u for a very clean and understandable post about what is beeing talked about and getting worked on. For future updates and topics for discussion. Job well done all should read and leave what they feel @but this epic stuff going down with all u crazy beasts doing crazy things. I will ride this train all the way and beyond
D-Day
Lvl : 47
Xp : 1856778
Hp : 103
Ac : 265%
Ad : 33-40
Bc : 40
Cc: 39
Cm: 3
RoLS: 2
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I also like the report on the meetings where the future of AT is being determined.
Personally, I was glad to see that classes were rejected, whatever the reason/s. I never liked that idea for our little hero. As for the female character option, that would be nice, but is not a big deal for me. As only Hinata and I have "admitted" to being female players, it is probably not worth spending a lot of time on it. I strongly doubt that any of the numerous male players want to use a female character. If you do make a female icon, please be sure that she is wearing a shirt. I have never liked the icon's bare-chested look--caves are normally cold, and all that bare skin must be covered with goosepimples half the time, to say nothing of all the bumps and scratches he must accumulate. He looks uncomfortable to me.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

lady black wrote:I also like the report on the meetings where the future of AT is being determined.
Personally, I was glad to see that classes were rejected, whatever the reason/s. I never liked that idea for our little hero. As for the female character option, that would be nice, but is not a big deal for me. As only Hinata and I have "admitted" to being female players, it is probably not worth spending a lot of time on it. I strongly doubt that any of the numerous male players want to use a female character. If you do make a female icon, please be sure that she is wearing a shirt. I have never liked the icon's bare-chested look--caves are normally cold, and all that bare skin must be covered with goosepimples half the time, to say nothing of all the bumps and scratches he must accumulate. He looks uncomfortable to me.
I hadn't really thought about it, but it seemed implied that the character we play is a boy, since some of the NPCs we ask about Andor refer to him looking like us. I agree he's probably cold a lot though, especially along the icy path to BWM settlement.

Also +1 on not having classes, and I'll be interested to read Oskar's reasons and see if any of them are the same reasons I have :)
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

he said a few things...
but one of the main reasons seemed to be customization.

if you wanted to change your "build style" mid-game, you can...
you wont be restricted by the class you chose early on.

paraphrasing here, not a quote. :lol:
but you get the idea! :D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

A sister and brother can look a lot alike, just as two brothers can. So a girl could also say "Have you seen my brother? He looks a lot like me." As I said, it does not bother me particularly to play with a male icon, although he does have a girl's name. I do not know how Hinata feels about it, or any other female players who may be out there and have not responded to the question about gender. (Talk about outnumbered! Two women out of thousands of players!) :o
Of course, not all the players join, or even read, the forum. Any readers only out there--join up! It's free, it's fun, and it's friendly! (It's also a great place to get help if you are having trouble with something, but "helpful" does not begin with an f, so it didn't fit into the last sentence.) In particular, any women out there that play AT--join up, speak up, and increase the voice of the gentler sex (or has that now become the gentler gender) on the forum. I get tired of being the only woman available to tone these guys down a bit when they get carried away by excess testosterone. And I am sure they get tired of me doing it! :roll: :D :lol:
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I think the idea of being able to play as a girl is great, i agree 100% with you LadyBlack.

Billy Mays Move over! I smell an infomercial a comming:

"Any readers only out there--join up! It's free, it's fun, and it's friendly! (It's also a great place to get help if you are having trouble with something, but "helpful" does not begin with an f, so it didn't fit into the last sentence.) In particular, any women out there that play AT--join up, speak up, and increase the voice of the gentler sex (or has that now become the gentler gender) on the forum. I get tired of being the only woman available to tone these guys down a bit when they get carried away by excess testosterone. And I am sure they get tired of me doing it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

:lol: @ pyro

this meeting REALLY set the boards ablaze!

( LOVE seeing all this action! )

ALL HAIL CAPTAIN AWESOME!

:D :D :D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]