v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #2

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

2012-03-25
Present: Oskar Wiksten, Scott Devaney, Stephen Stalnaker

*NOTE* - This meeting was a little different in the fact that for most of the meeting only Oskar and I were present. So as you read through our notes you will notice that they ask a lot more questions of you the reader than the last meeting. We are asking you people from the community to give us a hand, look over our notes, and offer your suggestions/comments/criticisms etc. It is our goal to make this the best RPG on Android, and we can't do that without your input. Thanks to everyone that has helped us so far, and those that will.

1. Is the format of the meeting OK? Schedule?
->The format of using Google Hangouts works very well. There is no lag in audio and video is fairly clear.
->The schedule of every two weeks seems to be working well so we will continue the current schedule.

2. New things that have been completed since the last meeting:
->Monster types that are now immune to critical hits: ghosts, undead, demons (visible on monster info screen)
->Ability to re-sort inventory (move to top/move to bottom)
->Rewrote parts of conversation for Mikhail.
->License taken care of. Thanks for the clarification Scott.
->Minor conversation fixes with spelling and grammar.
->Drop lists for irdeghs – New 0.6.11 monster.
->New red damage animation.
->Fixed a flag issue with unique NPCs around Crossglen that were not re-spawned.
->Minor quest in Remgard: sister-fight
->Fixed lots of warnings from Android Lint.

3. Things that are being worked on currently:
->Critical Chance – We are working on a better name for the stat if the effective chance is not linearly calculated. We are leaning towards using “Critical skill”. (We are open to other suggestions.) We will display both the critical skill and the effective critical chance that the new formula gives.
->How should we describe the logarithmic formula so the player can understand how Critical Skill affects their Critical Chance?
->World-map: We need a list of which maps are “outdoor”. *We would appreciate a volunteer please.* Just a list of the file names sent to Oskar would be great. -Done
->Story Tie-ins: We would like to do a continuation on the Vacor/Unzel story up in Remgard. Maybe some relative in Remgard wants to deliver something to Unzel? Continuation of the storyline with one of the characters. *People can suggest ideas for this type of quest.*
->Review monsters for v0.6.12 from Ian. Do the icons look good? Are the monsters too hard or too easy? Do they fit into the overall feel of the world itself? *Get a hold of Oskar if you want to help with this.*

4. Issues not finished since last meeting:
->Quest creation tutorial - Oskar get images together; Scott write the text. Discuss format and where to put it.
->Decide on blurry / non-blurry monster images.

5. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered.
->Make quest more noticeable? re: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1413 Non-linear game play is the reason for lack of quest markers – You don’t have to do things in any specific order. The game, while telling a compelling story also tries to be as open as possible. Maybe we can give notice in conversations when a quest is started/advanced/ended.
->BWM warning re: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1075 Add some notice in the cabin with a quest journal from some previous adventurer stating how he got out of there.
->Get monster info? re: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... =20#p13318 This is something that we should do - if we can figure out a way to select the monster in a natural way. (All suggestions welcome.)
->Re-spawning unique NPC (related to device rotation while loading resources) *We need more info on how to replicate this issue.*

5. What should we have ready for meeting 3?
->Some sort of introduction quests. *Please suggest things that we should put into introduction quests.* Which are the first quests a new player would do. The aim is to better explain the basic game play during these quests.
->Game play/controls/basic help info added in game. Write the text that should be added and send to Oskar. Nyktos' post here is a good starting point.
->Design outline? http://www.sloperama.com/advice/specs.htm Oskar: TODO! Also add things that we have agreed that we shouldn’t do. Two documents: one with general outline of the game, and one with story specific things. We should keep the story-specific document as private as possible since it will contain ALL of the spoilers, including the outcome of the main story itself. It will ruin the game for anyone to read it.
-> Finish the major quest for Remgard.

6. Is PlayN viable for us? http://code.google.com/p/playn/
->Could be. Will require a major redesign though something to think about and we will continue to watch the project.

Brainstorm Reading
http://gamification.org/wiki/Game_Mechanics - Go through list of mechanics, talk about the ones that are currently used in the game, as well as the ones that we could use to enhance game play. Look into it in more detail next meeting. Achievements? Among other things to enhance the overall game experience.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #2

Post by nyktos »

I have three big votes for the non-blurry monsters...

It was great to see extra detail in some mobs on a small screen

(The guy who drops the DotSP isn't holding a lance - its magic, right?)

3 is me plus B1GG13DDAY & Hinata

8-)

looking foreward to extra free time coming up to check all this out

AMAZING WORK GUYS!

:D :D :D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
B1GG13DDAY
android_version: 2.2

Post by B1GG13DDAY »

YES I TOTALLY AGREE WITH NYKT05 SHOWED ME AT A BBQ I HAD ITS AWSOME. CANT WAIT FOR MORE OF THE GAME WIH MY OWN CHARECTER AHHHHHHHHHH WANNA SEE BLOOD SPLATTER ALL OVER MY SCREEN YES!!!!
D-Day
Lvl : 47
Xp : 1856778
Hp : 103
Ac : 265%
Ad : 33-40
Bc : 40
Cc: 39
Cm: 3
RoLS: 2
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I'd like to suggest the name "Damage Boost" for the new critical hit system, its a simple name but make it clear what you're getting.

But I have no problem with Critical Skill if it ends up staying with that name.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

A possible way to meet a white wyrm and a wyrm trainer before getting to the top of the mountain and getting killed by one of them would be to have a trainer down at the bottom of the mountain to herd/lead a wyrm back up after it had strayed down following one of the adventurers running up and down and up and down… After all, it is a wyrm trainer, right. So it is training the wyrm to stay up in the snowy area. It could mention that it has many colleagues and many more "trainees" up at the top of the mountain. The various auleths are not very dangerous, although they can be hard to kill, so I see no need to give a "sneak preview" of them, and the character has already been killing the gornauds and the venomfangs, so already knows them. It is the wyrms and their trainers and apprentices that are the problem to staying alive while working through the Prim-BWM conflict.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

has anyone started on the Vacor / Unzel continuation for Remgard?

i was thinking of starting a thread in the dev's corner for discussions about quest writing...

im going to start something soon & just wanted to know if anyone has anything in the works.

(also pondering tutorial quests)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
RBC71
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow walking down a dark alley soliciting favors...

Post by RBC71 »

Hello to all and thank you to the dev team for creating a fun game.i am responding to the post about changing the name of critical chance.is the skill not named in game "more criticals".
im confused by that statement above.
critical chance increases the percentile factor to hit with higher frequency.
better criticals increases the damage of critical hits.
i dont feel there needs to be a name change to the skills but maybe a formulae in the skills description as to how it works.
thank you
RBC
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

RBC71 wrote:Hello to all and thank you to the dev team for creating a fun game.i am responding to the post about changing the name of critical chance.is the skill not named in game "more criticals".
im confused by that statement above.
critical chance increases the percentile factor to hit with higher frequency.
better criticals increases the damage of critical hits.
i dont feel there needs to be a name change to the skills but maybe a formulae in the skills description as to how it works.
thank you
RBC
Here is a great explanation of the changes to criticals.

sdevaney