v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #6

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #6

Post by sdevaney »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Well,the poll would be to get the basics but it would get people to post their thoughts. The poll would be something like this...
What are your feelings on AT Project Meeting #6?
* I love what was talked about
* I would have liked to have seen more talked about
* I disliked the way the meeting went
* I have no opinion on the meeting.

Please explain your answer in the poll, it could affect future meetings. We always want to know what people think so that we may improve upon things in the future. :)

Whatcha think? :D
People are free to do that in this thread poll or no poll, the reason we started the meetings and post a brief of what we talk about is to:
A) Try to be as transparent about our development as possible.
B) Getting together twice a month keeps us active and interested in development. The same can be said about the community that this project has brought together.
C) Get feedback from you guys.
D) Keep you informed about what is going on because you guys here on the forums drive a lot of what we do next and how we do things. We have a whole section of the meeting devoted to nothing but topics that the community brings up.

I guess I don't see much of a point in a poll like that because if people just answer the poll without any written explanation there isn't much feedback in it. So what benefit is there when people can simply post in this thread as is?

Maybe a poll about which topics from the forums you want us to discuss during a meeting?
If a poll will help get more people to respond in these topics then I will give it a try when I post the next meeting. I am also open to any other suggestions.

sdevaney
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:DarkSavant13: interesting idea. :D
Saw the meeting post and thought of something that could be taken care of quickly. Figured it could help clear an issue from the meeting. ;)

Sdevaney: Polls seem to generate interest and some may find posting here intimidating. I absolutely understand what you expect from this thread, but it doesn't usually seem to have many responses besides from mods and regulars. I supposed that was the reason it was in the meeting notes, about finding a way to guage people's responses about the meeting. Obviously there is a lack of input to what was expected. This is an example of what I mean... http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1542

I know that I, myself, have never posted here previously, because I thought it was mostly for devs and info. Using that is how I deduced that there are others like myself out there. A poll, on the other hand, I would have jumped on, answered the poll, and posted as well. ;) The poll you suggested would be welcome as well.

Sorry about the pink name, fumbly fingers. :P
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

We could build a poll asking which suggested ideas the players would like to see added into the game the most. I have links set up already and would just have to cut and paste it all together.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:DarkSavant13: interesting idea. :D
Saw the meeting post and thought of something that could be taken care of quickly. Figured it could help clear an issue from the meeting. ;)

Sdevaney: Polls seem to generate interest and some may find posting here intimidating. I absolutely understand what you expect from this thread, but it doesn't usually seem to have many responses besides from mods and regulars. I supposed that was the reason it was in the meeting notes, about finding a way to guage people's responses about the meeting. Obviously there is a lack of input to what was expected. This is an example of what I mean... http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1542

I know that I, myself, have never posted here previously, because I thought it was mostly for devs and info. Using that is how I deduced that there are others like myself out there. A poll, on the other hand, I would have jumped on, answered the poll, and posted as well. ;) The poll you suggested would be welcome as well.

Sorry about the pink name, fumbly fingers. :P
If your talking about this part: "Gauge interest in a public meeting in the near future."

We want to have a public Google Hangout and invite everyone from the community to come on and chat with us for a while. We haven't worked out all the details and only want to do it if people are interested but be on the lookout for a topic and poll ;) about the public meeting in a few weeks.

I would like to try out the idea of adding a poll to these topics, if we can figure out a good question to ask.

sdevaney
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

How about a poll about what questions should be on the poll?

Lol, j/k. :lol:

I eagerly await a poll on such things. ;)

By the way, I love the idea for a Google Hangout. :D
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I am more interested in the public meeting than in the poll, except that I don't know anything about Google Hangouts. Could I attend from my phone?
When I feel strongly about something from one of the meetings, I post about it--especially if I disagree with something being considered. If I agree with something that is being planned, posting does not seem necessary; if I disagree and post while it is still in the planning stage, I may be able to influence the final decision.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

lady black wrote:I am more interested in the public meeting than in the poll, except that I don't know anything about Google Hangouts. Could I attend from my phone?
When I feel strongly about something from one of the meetings, I post about it--especially if I disagree with something being considered. If I agree with something that is being planned, posting does not seem necessary; if I disagree and post while it is still in the planning stage, I may be able to influence the final decision.
The Google+ app does hangouts if your device supports it I believe its in the messaging tab but I have never personally used it.
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

I'm definitely interested in attending one of the G+ hangouts. The newest version of the Google+ app has Hangouts embedded within it, just click at the top where it says "Stream" and you'll get a dropdown menu where you can choose Hangouts. Not sure where to go after there since they've changed things considerably since I was last on but that should get you started.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I would be really fun to get to see some of the forum members face to face and to get to talk about everything in real time as a big group. I can't wait for this to happen. :mrgreen:

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:I would be really fun to get to see some of the forum members face to face and to get to talk about everything in real time as a big group. I can't wait for this to happen. :mrgreen:
Ditto that. :D