v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #7

Official news about Andor's Trail.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #7

Post by nyktos »

Cyracus wrote:My phone automatically updated it without telling me so I was wondering how to get it. Now I can't find the new content :( can anybody post a link to an updated map (can't find any myself, not even old map) imo whenever a post announces a new release if there's a map updated to the update a link should be posted there too. Love the game and sure i'll love the update once I find the new stuff.
gonna hafta dig for a map, but for now...
A. East of Iqhan Cave (North of Loneford)

and...

B. The Eastern Exit out of Loneford (The "Sick" Farming Town)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Cyracus
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Cyracus »

Thought I checked there... Guess I better check again. Thanks

Edit: ok, just checked out one of them. They're tough lol. Gonna have to raise my hp a bit... Time to go back to 3-4 hours a day on my phone. :)
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Cyracus wrote:Thought I checked there... Guess I better check again. Thanks

Edit: ok, just checked out one of them. They're tough lol. Gonna have to raise my hp a bit... Time to go back to 3-4 hours a day on my phone. :)
Good idea! Those monsters hit hard!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dead Squirrel

Post by Dead Squirrel »

Hi all,

I've been a fan for awhile and a lurker on this board for about as long and this topic has finally inspired me to join. I'd like to toss out a couple of ideas that I think would fit in with what you are trying to accomplish next.

1st - What if every large town had a library that would serve as a general faq for the game. Topics could involve things like fleeing from battle, changing targeted opponent, using items, etc.
2nd -Towns and cities could have schools, universities, dojos and the like where characters could work on enhancing there skills (at a cost of course.)
3rd - Quests could be made to find special sages that can enhance a particular skill. These sages could require gold, items, or tasks to grant there services. The cost or difficulty required to
receive their service may even depend on your allegiances or prior actions you have taken like siding with or against Vacor. In fact, they may even completely refuse to teach you because of
your actions. If you have not perform the task involved they could just tell you that you are not ready to learn the skill yet.
4th - Some skills that could be learned would be how to combine particular items to achieve an outcome. Example, combining the fire of the ruby with the focusing power of the glass gem will
illuminate dark areas. This is a skill that could be taught in Blackwater so you still have to find your way through the maze once but not have to deal with the tedium of it when going
back and forth. Another could be combining the fire of the ruby with animal hair to grant "burning flesh" that can be used in battles. Also, use the brilliant gem with the glass gem to
cause "blinding light" that would temporarily render one opponent incapable of fighting when you are battling multiple opponents like in the Irquan caves. To make it even more fun, combining
elements would have the same effect whether you were taught the skill or not (which could have some rather nasty consequences if one decides to experiment on there own.) Maybe a
"combine elements" action could be added to achieve this.
5th - Perhaps particularly skilled warriors could be found that could tell your character of weaknesses a creature has that could give you a bit of an edge on it (the Wyrms come to mind here.)

Anyway, just a few thoughts I had.
The only good squirrel is a dead squirrel.
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

I like.... everything about that post :D

Some careful planning would certainly have to go into parts of it but things like the Library seem like they could be easily added (I'm thinking about whatsisface in that one city with all the books in his basement).
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Dead Squirrel wrote:Hi all,

I've been a fan for awhile and a lurker on this board for about as long and this topic has finally inspired me to join. I'd like to toss out a couple of ideas that I think would fit in with what you are trying to accomplish next.

1st - What if every large town had a library that would serve as a general faq for the game. Topics could involve things like fleeing from battle, changing targeted opponent, using items, etc.
2nd -Towns and cities could have schools, universities, dojos and the like where characters could work on enhancing there skills (at a cost of course.)
3rd - Quests could be made to find special sages that can enhance a particular skill. These sages could require gold, items, or tasks to grant there services. The cost or difficulty required to
receive their service may even depend on your allegiances or prior actions you have taken like siding with or against Vacor. In fact, they may even completely refuse to teach you because of
your actions. If you have not perform the task involved they could just tell you that you are not ready to learn the skill yet.
4th - Some skills that could be learned would be how to combine particular items to achieve an outcome. Example, combining the fire of the ruby with the focusing power of the glass gem will
illuminate dark areas. This is a skill that could be taught in Blackwater so you still have to find your way through the maze once but not have to deal with the tedium of it when going
back and forth. Another could be combining the fire of the ruby with animal hair to grant "burning flesh" that can be used in battles. Also, use the brilliant gem with the glass gem to
cause "blinding light" that would temporarily render one opponent incapable of fighting when you are battling multiple opponents like in the Irquan caves. To make it even more fun, combining
elements would have the same effect whether you were taught the skill or not (which could have some rather nasty consequences if one decides to experiment on there own.) Maybe a
5th - Perhaps particularly skilled warriors could be found that could tell your character of weaknesses a creature has that could give you a bit of an edge on it (the Wyrms come to mind here.)

Welcome to the forums, Dead Squirrel! :D

A lot of great ideas and suggestions here. Keep 'em comin'. ;)
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Dead Squirrel wrote:Hi all,

+1, One of the best post that I have seen here. Really impressive "entrance" comment ;)

Welcom on the board !

...be carefull here, im not only one here who is chaced by those men who wears only white clothes.. :) :) :) :)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Dead Squirrel

Post by Dead Squirrel »

Thank you for your kind words.

Oh, and Sarumar, I often see those same people if I turn around fast enough.
The only good squirrel is a dead squirrel.
renzjalos1210
android_version: 2.2

Post by renzjalos1210 »

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) When do 6.12 will be released?
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

renzjalos1210 wrote:8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) When do 6.12 will be released?
* When will 6.12 be released?

Patience, young grasshopper. It will be released no later than is necessary and no sooner than it is done. ;)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013