v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #12

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

2012-09-09
Present: Oskar Wiksten (oskarwiksten), Scott Devaney (sdevaney), Matthew White (Nyktos)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:

Review notes and wrap up discussion on (#10&11). Good points were added after the meeting. ~ SCS

2. Completed since the last meeting:

Bugfixes related to spawning after rest (thanks Nyktos!)

Wiki is moving along nicely with much help from Taledus.
TODO: Someone else could help with adding more content. Get in contact with Scott.

3. Things that are being worked on:

Status of alpha 1 for v0.6.12:

We would like to also include the categorization of items in this build (but not the skills yet, since they’re not ready). We’ll spend some time to work on getting a correct categorization for the initial release.
TODO: Oskar: Share a googledocs list with the items and their current rough categorization.

mw: Internal Bleeding & Concussion not listed in “On Hit” section...
maybe an icon too? =)
TODO: Sure, we’ll fix that.

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:

New repeat speech bug: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=317
TODO: Oskar: check it out.

Japanese translation addition: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2042
TODO: add the translation to the game (& update list of authors)

Some work has been started on using PO files as translation files, instead of the custom translation format that we have today. Nothing finished though, it would require some help to get it fully functional.
TODO: Someone could help with this. Check with Oskar for what the status is.

Taledus post: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 120#p22623

5. What should we have ready for the next meeting?

TODO: Oskar: Add Japanese translations.
TODO: Oskar: Add updated Italian translation from Joker
Wiki release.
Hopefully we can release v0.6.12a1 public some time before the next meeting.

Brainstorm:

Contest to decide world name? (Pending approval by us.)

Add signpost/guard to uncompleted areas? - Breaks immersion either way...requires more discussion.

Actor conditions being triggered by a map event?
matthew: the purple marsh areas could poison you!
Sure, we’ll do that in the future. What we need is some way to trigger a quest script (conversation) without having a conversation dialog being displayed.

Also actor conditions seem to be the way most mobs are set apart from one another. Is there something else we can do when creating them to add more variety in the type of attack or something?
matthew: there are a few mobs that stand out in my mind....
The Gremlins in Jan’s Cave, they can attack more times in one round than anything else in the game.
(thankfully they miss a lot, and when they do land - its not that harsh)
on the other hand, an Aurulir only hits once... but hits hard. (good stuff) =)
and the undead in BWM, they heal a little when they land hits on you,
now this isnt potion use, but it makes them “feel” a little more unique.

~ how about an enemy type that will flee every time you get it below 50% hp?

~ or maybe even a mage class enemy that blinks a few tiles away, to heal up or flee...
(maybe even mobs that “appear” to leave the map?)

~ we could have a huge slime that splits into smaller slimes when you kill it, land a crit, etc.
(total rip off, i know... hahaha) =)

TODO: Oskar: how could we implement this? (slime splitting, monster fleeing, semi-transparent/invisible)
We could also add monsters that have colors that match the background tiles.

Increase project visibility:
gamedev?
xda-forums?
hacker news?
more suggestions?

TODO: Everyone that hasn’t visited, please visit the unofficial IRC channel. Freenode.net, #andorstrail.
We will try to be more active in the IRC channel, but no promises.
MrJacksEnigma
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #12

Post by MrJacksEnigma »

Honestly, I think there are a lot of different ways that mobs could be diversified. Take the rabid (wolf,dog,fox,etc) they could gain the ability to inflict rabies as an actor condition. It could be semi permanent (no round limit) similar to rotworms. And you would have to go through to whatever town and visit a priest, or potion maker, or have the antidote on you. I enjoyed the challenge of making it through things while suffering from rotworms. It would Also be interesting to see the addition of mobs being able to teleport TO you. It would add a different flavor if you were to walk into a room, and instantly have you face bashed in. XD
Adding traps interests me as well. Certain tiles that "break" and drop you into a room where you have to fight your way out, but are rewarded extra at the end. Would Also possible implement a new skill. "Trap Finder" before you step on a tile, you have X percent chance to have a dialog box pop up to warn you that a trap is near.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

sdevaney wrote: Wiki is moving along nicely with much help from Taledus.
TODO: Someone else could help with adding more content. Get in contact with Scott.
All I need is a list of modifications/corrections to what is already there and I will help finish stuff in here.
sdevaney wrote: 3. Things that are being worked on:

Status of alpha 1 for v0.6.12:

We would like to also include the categorization of items in this build (but not the skills yet, since they’re not ready). We’ll spend some time to work on getting a correct categorization for the initial release.
TODO: Oskar: Share a googledocs list with the items and their current rough categorization.
If there is a brief list of things already I can take a look and line it up for consideration.
sdevaney wrote: Actor conditions being triggered by a map event?
matthew: the purple marsh areas could poison you!
Sure, we’ll do that in the future. What we need is some way to trigger a quest script (conversation) without having a conversation dialog being displayed.
There needs to be a list of event scripts worked up describing the type of events that the game should eventually support.
sdevaney wrote: ~ how about an enemy type that will flee every time you get it below 50% hp?

~ or maybe even a mage class enemy that blinks a few tiles away, to heal up or flee...
(maybe even mobs that “appear” to leave the map?)

~ we could have a huge slime that splits into smaller slimes when you kill it, land a crit, etc.
(total rip off, i know... hahaha) =)

TODO: Oskar: how could we implement this? (slime splitting, monster fleeing, semi-transparent/invisible)
We could also add monsters that have colors that match the background tiles.
This is referring to some pretty hefty NPC AI going on...I have no clue what specifics to the AI are currently being worked on for the next release, but if someone can shoot me a list of all modifications that are going to take place for the engine, I can line up something for the dev team to look over for allowing more dynamic AI for the NPC's in order to allow stuff like this.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

There are some really funs stuff to look forward to in the next few updates. :)

V7.0 is going to be epic, just sayin ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------