Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Official news about Andor's Trail.
buddyCasino
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:21 pm
android_version: 2.3

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by buddyCasino » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Just installed it. Super curious!
Lvl: 65, EXP: 5.130.135, 2 x ShaF, 1 x ChaR

aclon
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:10 am
android_version: 4.0

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by aclon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 pm

thanks for the great game and cheers to all who participated!!!

ctnbeh13
VIP
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:43 pm
android_version: 6.0

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by ctnbeh13 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:33 pm

I just returned from the Google Play Store, where I was reading the reviews that have been currently made, or updated, for Andor's Trail. I usually like to do this on occasion, especially after a new release is available. It's interesting to see some of the reviews from our own forum members. Of which, the majority were all of high praise. It seems there is a common theme for those who offer only one or two stars, but I won't go into what my opinion of that is.

One of the methods in place by Google for their rating portion of the individual's review, is to touch (or click on) the thumb up/thumb down square to offer your opinion of whether that particular review was "Helpful", "Unhelpful", or "Spam". Since Google has changed the default of displaying the reviews in chronological order, taking the extra step of exercising your choice of marking some of the reviews as either "Helpful" or "Unhelpful" (I didn't spot any occurrences of "Spam") is one that helps improve the accuracy of the system in place.

I also like to slightly update my personal review of the game, after a new release, to help keep things fresh. I basically offer this post as "food for thought", and am not asking anyone to do anything here, as much as I am attempting to point out further available options for the community to exercise their voice.

On a slightly different point, I wanted to personally express my thanks and appreciation to fiernaq for the thoughtful and well written review over at our spot at XDA Developers site, found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1279843
One of even fewer...

User avatar
Pyrizzle
Posts: 6436
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:00 am
android_version: 6.0
Location: Fire Nation HQ

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by Pyrizzle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:48 am

ctnbeh13 wrote:I just returned from the Google Play Store, where I was reading the reviews that have been currently made, or updated, for Andor's Trail. I usually like to do this on occasion, especially after a new release is available. It's interesting to see some of the reviews from our own forum members. Of which, the majority were all of high praise. It seems there is a common theme for those who offer only one or two stars, but I won't go into what my opinion of that is.

One of the methods in place by Google for their rating portion of the individual's review, is to touch (or click on) the thumb up/thumb down square to offer your opinion of whether that particular review was "Helpful", "Unhelpful", or "Spam". Since Google has changed the default of displaying the reviews in chronological order, taking the extra step of exercising your choice of marking some of the reviews as either "Helpful" or "Unhelpful" (I didn't spot any occurrences of "Spam") is one that helps improve the accuracy of the system in place.

I also like to slightly update my personal review of the game, after a new release, to help keep things fresh. I basically offer this post as "food for thought", and am not asking anyone to do anything here, as much as I am attempting to point out further available options for the community to exercise their voice.

On a slightly different point, I wanted to personally express my thanks and appreciation to fiernaq for the thoughtful and well written review over at our spot at XDA Developers site, found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1279843
Thank you for your great review and continual help in development. It is great to have you hear Mister. :mrgreen:

I go thru the reviews and thumbs up good reviews (I suspect the majority of them are from forum members)



Thank you everyone who has posted a new review!

To those who have not yet... PLEASE GO POST ONE! Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User avatar
ricewind
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:40 am
android_version: 4.0
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by ricewind » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:53 am

Hi Everone!

I would like to thank you (developers and community) for all the effort put on Andor's Trail. I am new to the forum but not new to the game. I've found recently the web page and this community and can't miss the opportunity to thank you for all the hours spent on creating I don't know if the best RPG on Android, but surely the most addictive and absorbent.

I am from Spain and, well, we don't deal good with other languages, so I am thinking on helping in spreading Andor's Trail evangelization on spanish-speaking countries by helping on translation... but.... well, this is a matter for another post ;)

Thanks for all!
Shiny!

ncer
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:40 am
android_version: 2.2

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by ncer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Congrats on the new release!
Lvl: 195, XP: 135178554, Gold: 1004501
HP: 88 AC: 345%, AD: 109-120, AP: 5, ECC: 15%, CM: 0, BC: 222%, DR: 6
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 2, WMC: 0, GoW: 0

Sarumar
VIP
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 4:36 pm
android_version: 4.1
Location: www.hel.fi

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by Sarumar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:45 pm

ricewind wrote:Hi Everone!

I would like to thank you (developers and community) for all the effort put on Andor's Trail. I am new to the forum but not new to the game. I've found recently the web page and this community and can't miss the opportunity to thank you for all the hours spent on creating I don't know if the best RPG on Android, but surely the most addictive and absorbent.

I am from Spain and, well, we don't deal good with other languages, so I am thinking on helping in spreading Andor's Trail evangelization on spanish-speaking countries by helping on translation... but.... well, this is a matter for another post ;)

Thanks for all!

Welcom to the forums Ricewind !

By the way... your english is really good vs mine ;)

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1

buddyCasino
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:21 pm
android_version: 2.3

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by buddyCasino » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:10 am

It is really impressive that this project is still so active. Too many promising open source project fade away over time. Good job in maintaining the high amount of work you put in it, Oskar and the gang!

I played a bit now and I found a few things that made me think:

Are actor conditions updated when entering / leaving a fight? If I am poisoned and run from fight to fight, the effect should wear out one round at a time. Does this also happen if I kill a monster before it can strike back, or only when a complete round ends / a new round in a fight starts?

When I shop, I sometimes press the "buy" button, and it comes right back. I press it again, and it's only after the second tap that I get a confirmation ("you bought blabla").

Anyway, another great update. I started a new character and I am happy to realize that neither intelligent monster movement nor balanced weaponless fight made the game too difficult.
World map rules! But it also made me think if the maps should be edited in size and if at some places there should be extra tiles that enable a transfer to the adjacent map.
I try to think of better way to open the world map, as the two taps to open the "quick" slots really bother me. On my small phone they block a lot of screen space that keeps me from moving to tiles in the lower left.
Tilting the phone from landscape to portrait makes the quick slots disappear, is that intended?
Lvl: 65, EXP: 5.130.135, 2 x ShaF, 1 x ChaR

jamminfrog
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 pm
android_version: 2.3

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by jamminfrog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi all and thanks for such a sweet little game. Best RPG in years.
Was a big fan of Rogue and love Andor's trail.
Graphics and gameplay are just spot-on. Quests are very good, specially those spanning on several locations (BW/Remgard)
World Map definitely a welcome addition - Thanks

I agree with not adding music thus keeping the game small in size and quick in loading.
keep up the good work
lvl 33, 71HP 3AP 219AC 28-32AD 37CH 3.0CM 22ECC 37BC
wp acc 2 / Mo crit 1 / comb spd 2 / corpse 1 /fortit 1 / regen1 /

Sarumar
VIP
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 4:36 pm
android_version: 4.1
Location: www.hel.fi

Re: Andor's Trail v0.6.12 released to Google Play

Post by Sarumar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 pm

jamminfrog wrote:Hi all and thanks for such a sweet little game. Best RPG in years.
Was a big fan of Rogue and love Andor's trail.
Graphics and gameplay are just spot-on. Quests are very good, specially those spanning on several locations (BW/Remgard)
World Map definitely a welcome addition - Thanks

I agree with not adding music thus keeping the game small in size and quick in loading.
keep up the good work
Nice to have you on board !

May I ask you a favor? If you have any thoughts at all about AT, please feel free to post them here on the forums! ;)

good hunting
Last edited by nyktos on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: ENG 101 =)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests