v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #22

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #22

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #22
2013-02-24
Present: Oskar Wiksten(oskar.wiksten), Stephen Stalnaker(ctnbeh13), Ian Haase(Ian)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:

Go over previous meetings TODO’s.

TODO: Stephen: Add task in taskfreak about the “how to contribute” text.

2. Completed since the last meeting:

Items may now have a “description” that adds to the item’s lore and ties its history into the rest of the world. Currently only added for “Troublemaker’s gloves”.

Added lots of new monster and item tile icons

Updated list of graphics artists

3. Things that are being worked on:

Stompp: auto level - http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... tail?id=60
Looks good so far!
TODO: Any developer with git access: merge the patch.

TomCat working on worldmap alignment.

Ian is working on Assasins quest

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:
N/A due to Scott's absence.

5. Open Discussion:

Variable DR from 0-n (n is max DR of char)
Nice idea. Items could provide a min&max DR, instead of the current DR value.
TODO: Dev group: add as task to taskfreak.
Would also be interesting with items that provide bonuses when you’ve equipped similar items, for example a whole set of armour would provide more defense than the items themselves.

Unrevealed effects of items?
When viewing info on an item right now, you get all the info on what it does. For example “10% chance of inflicting [this and that]”. What about providing effect that are not displayed right away, such as “This item has additional unknown effects” - which might be good or bad conditions with a very low chance. We could add rumors about such items as to what their effects are.
(idea similar to Wyrmspawn’s “rare NPC” idea @ http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3302)
Would also have to make sure that it’s not displayed on the player stats page.
6. What should we have ready for the next meeting?

Oskar: Start working on definition for quests for how to introduce the new weapon style skills and fighting style skills.
Oskar: Start working on main outline for Lodar/Andor quest.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #22

Post by Sarumar »

+1 to variable DR, nice idea
+1 to item set bonus, really nice idea ! something like all eguipped armour are cloth, leather, scale mail, etc ?
+1 to Unrevealed effects of item, I love this idea ! how about if in case of all of the rare, extraordinary, legendary and some weird items like; poison gland, weak poison, izhiel claw, blackwater brew you need to use them if you like to see what happen ? In case of weapon or armour, etc you don't get any benefits for the item until have keep it equipped some time and in case of eatable thing you figure it... after used someone ?

hmm... I also like to see option to use any other items..... "you found a glass gem, do you like to eat it?" ... :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Stompp
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stompp »

Putting together a build for myself with wiki issues 210, 60, 35 and 338 included, will be playing...err testing with this the next couple days and report back.

Details:
210 - Floating XP (looks 99% ready)
338 - Quick items center landscape (minor)
60 - Auto level up, mentioned above (needs some eyes)
35 - Equip items just bought.

As for above items... Variable DR is an interesting item, maybe just a x-y effect like add damage is currently?

Would unrevealed effects "reveal" themselves when they occured? Popup message, or just reveal the description?

Set bonuses +1 for awesomeness.
Lvl: 30, XP: 478811, Gold: gone, RoLS: 1, RoL: 0
HP: 83, AC: 246%, AD: 20-24, AP: 3/12, ECC: 23%, CM: 3, BC: 50%, DR: 0
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

Stompp wrote:60 - Auto level up, mentioned above (needs some eyes)
I'm very happy with the pictures, showing this auto levelling will be an option and manually levelling will still be possible!
Nice work, Stompp!

(This means I don't have to kill off my level-5 character now for about 1000 times, to keep his experience below the level 6 threshold :roll: )
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
tiaan23
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by tiaan23 »

9 of my friends deleted there games because updates takes so long please give the gamer a date when the next update is going 2 be released like xbox and ps3 does with ther new games all we hear is this and that is being workt on but there is no time based complesion dates please try to keep us happy with the game whe can only wait so long before whe forget the story line when whe finnaly finish the game
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

I remember hearing that they try to do quarterly updates (every 3 months) Nobody is getting paid to do this, all of the developers do this out of passion. Most of the developers have jobs, some have families to care for. (The wife and kids should always come first). Considering this, they are very quick with the updates. And... remember this games is still in beta, be happy you can play at all.

Just be patient my friend, the more anxious you get, the longer it will feel.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

tiaan23 wrote:9 of my friends deleted there games because updates takes so long please give the gamer a date when the next update is going 2 be released like xbox and ps3 does with ther new games all we hear is this and that is being workt on but there is no time based complesion dates please try to keep us happy with the game whe can only wait so long before whe forget the story line when whe finnaly finish the game
There is no release dates for updates. We work on this game for fun and in our own free time. No one who works on this game is receiving a paycheck (unlike the folks at Microsoft or Playstation).

We are working hard to get the next update out as soon as we can but it will still be a while. Sorry for the wait.

Also, there are plenty of ways to help us bring new content to the players.
We can always use help building maps, building NPCs, Weapons, quests, skills, etc. If you are interested PM me anytime.

Happy hunting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------