oskarwiksten wrote:Another major milestone on the road towards v1.0.0 has been reached today!
Andor's Trail v0.7.0 is now released to Google Play. Please note that it might take several hours for the app to be propagated through the Google Play store to your device.
This is by far the largest updates to-date, with new specialization skills, NPCs and long awaited changes to some core features. Almost one and a half thousand lines of new dialogue and several new major quests are some of the highlights.
In addition to what's visible for the players, this release also contains some undoubtedly positive major changes to the backend code and game engine, in switching from our previous custom resource format into having resources as json, and translations as PO files.
Changelog for v0.7.0:
- 95 new maps, up to a total of 379 (Major thanks to Ian!)
- 9 new quests, including an update to the main story-line
- 167 new monsters & NPCs
- 97 new items
- ~1500 lines of dialogue, up to a total of ~7500.
- 16 new skills
- Certain NPCs that can teach skills
- Dual-wielding weapons
- Two-handed weapons
- Fighting style specialization
- Certain monsters that can move towards the player during combat
- Scrollable combat log
- Increased exp reward for most quests tenfold. (thanks to jrozek!)
- Food now heals more in total, but does so over time instead of instantaneously.
- Show quest progress updates in conversation.
- Resource files as json instead of our previous custom format.
- Translations now use a standardized format.
- Major overhaul to the content editor.
- Lots of fixes for tiles and alignment issues on worldmap. (thanks to TomCat!)
- Lots of gameplay bugfixes!
Full changelog of things not mentioned above:Gameplay
- Dual-wielding skill
- Two-handed weapon skill
- Skills for specializing weapon types (including unarmed)
- Skills for specializing armor types (including unarmored)
- Skills for fighting styles
- Show quest progress updates in conversation.
- Removed in-game menu (replaced by toolbox)
- Add toolbox button for displaying combat log.
- Pathfinder for moving monsters towards the player based on different aggression types.
- Raise taunt chance to 75%.
- Add support for "description" field on items, for lore/background text that should be displayed on the item.
- Changed all food to slowly heal over time instead of healing instantaneously.
- Doubled the amount of health provided by all food items.
- Actor traits refactoring - Reworked UI for displaying the actor- & item stats.
- Add "increase use cost" and "increase equip cost" as new property on items.
- Worldmap: PNG file names now contain the hash of the tiles that the map contains.
- Add preference: Quickslot placement.
- Add preference: "Show quickslots when toolbox is opened"
- Add more settings to control how loot bags are presented.
- Add game statistics to hero overview screen.
- Change hard hit to 0-2 dmg instead of 1-1.
- Lots of new items, monsters and conditions for Charwood and Lodar quests.
- New maps for Lodar area and Charwood area from Ian Haase.
- Bugfix: Moved a lot of tiles to the correct layers and updated tile walkable state on a lot of tiles.
- Added weapon proficiency & fighting style skills.
- Revamped looks of crossglen.tmx
- Moved spawn areas away from map edges and mapchange areas.
- Added worldmap alignment maps (thanks to Tomcat!)
- Teleports in Throdna's throne room are only accessible by one way.
- Added more monster icons from the TomeTik set.
- Automatic cost calculations for items that have hit- or kill-stats that affect HP or AP.
- Automatic cost calculations for items that have "increase use item cost" or "increase reequip cost"-stats.
- Added lots of new tiles for monsters, items and effects from opengameart.org.
- Converted all resource files to json instead of our previous custom format.
- Read JSON resources from raw/ folder instead of encoded in string blocks from values/ folder.
- Increased exp reward for most quests tenfold. (Issue 283, thanks to jrozek!)
- Add possibility of having skills that require a quest-level-up before the player can level them up.
- Added link to Andor's Trail wiki in About/Help.
- Re-balanced inventories of vendors to provide roughly equal number of items in each category.
- Major realigning of maps on worldmap (thanks to Tomcat!)
- Speed up game start by not loading map layers until they are actually needed.
- Store list of maps in savegames as map<string> instead of indexed list. This reduces the samegame size drastically.
- Only redraw game screen when something inside the view has actually changed.
- Use less temporary memory when loading resources by not creating as many temporary objects.
- Converted all translated resources to GNU Gettext (.po) format. This way, translators won't have to deal with the dreadful old resource files.
- Parse translations from MO files.
- Updated translation MO-file parser to read the MO filename from strings.xml.
- New Polish translations by toudi5 and tobik9090siemens.
- Updated German translation by SamuelPlentz.
- Updated Russian translation by istasman.
- Updated Japanese translation by Surgecurrent
- Major overhaul of the map tilesets used. All tilesets have been replaced by categorized tilesets based on their intended usage. See template.tmx for the new tileset.
- Maps can now have dynamic replacement sections that change when quests progress. See tradehouse0.tmx for example. (Major thanks to Tomcat for the ideas!)
- Updated template.tmx - added "Replace" layer.
- Remove "respawn: false" from all tmx files (it's replaced by a property on the monstertype instead).
- Add a way to automatically in-game modify how bright maps are displayed, with a colorfilter. Will be used for dungeons that can get automatically darkened, without having to add that to the map files.
- Bugfix: When entering map, move ground loot bags on unwalkable tiles.
- Bugfix: Allow conversation options for "Feygard errands" in Vilegard even when the Vilegard quest has not been completed.
- Bugfix: Apply checks for whether the player can select replies on single "next" replies as well.
- Bugfix: change combat selection when a monster dies from a condition in combat. (thanks to Fala for finding it!)
- Minor bugfixes to resource loaders
- Bugfix: Read critical multiplier for weapons as float instead of int.
- Only apply "more criticals" skill if the player has CS>0. (Thanks to TriangleGM for reporting it!)
- Bugfix: clone list of monster loot bags when picking up items (prevents double drops).
- Bugfix - Disable input before the SurfaceView on MainView is created.
- Refactor conversations to state machine - Move responsibility for starting combat & removing npcs from map from MainActivity into the ConversationController.
- Move isWalkable from PredefinedMap to LayeredTileMap. Reduces memory usage when running the game.
- Renamed "ViewContext" -> "ControllerContext" to better reflect its responsibility.
- Add IntelliJ Idea project file.
- Add Android v4 support library.
- Update lots of layouts to single TextView:s instead of combined ImageView & TextView:s.
- Reduce compilation warnings from code inspection rules.
- Remove compilation warnings about deprecated API usage.
- Moved all UI dependencies into being pubsub instead of direct calls from model to ui.
- Major refactoring of actor traits - removed CombatTrais
- Minor refactoring: Move code that happens after loading a game into Savegames.onWorldLoaded.
- Minor fixes for reading slightly borked resource files.
- Fix Android Lint warnings.
- Engine refactor: Allow multiple item requirements per conversation reply
- Engine: Add "killed monster" & "skill level" as requirement types for visibility selection of conversation replies.
- Change all const ints to enums, making the json resource files much easier to read.
- Major overhaul to the content editor. Modern. Efficient. Now uses AngularJS.
- Content editor: Add "previous"/"next" buttons in editors for items, monsters and actor conditions.
- Content editor: Add hierarcical view of conversation phrases and replies.
This release has been made possible by all of the hard work from both the development team and from the players that help with testing and with suggesting improvements. I want to give out a very big thank you to everyone involved in making this release happen:
(in alphabetic order)
- Ian Haase
- Everyone else that have commented on small or big issues in the alpha-versions.
- Everyone that have suggested improvements that you would have liked to see done to make the game even better.
Given the popularity of both Android and Andor's Trail, we can safely say that this game is a huge success, and that what we do is greatly appreciated by a lot of people around the world. I am so proud to have the privilege of being a part of the community that we've built up on our forums. The energy and the amount of clever ideas that spring up on the forums is one of the major driving forces for the success of this project.
Let us now look forward on to what we can do in the next version. We in the development team are really excited to start working on new content and additional features to further enhance the enjoyment for you players!
Let's make Andor's Trail one of the best RPGs on Android together.
Google Play Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ndorsTrail
Google Code Link: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list
Translations on Launchpad: https://translations.launchpad.net/andors-trail/trunk
Code on Github: https://github.com/oskarwiksten/andors-trail
/Andor's Trail dev team
Too late! It's already the best!
A big cheers for the awesome development team! I love you guys! Interesting that there are 379 new maps as I've only found 377 so far. Hmmmm, interesting.