v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Priority Survey 2013 (Closed)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor's Trail Priority Survey 2013 (Closed)

Post by sdevaney »

Hello everyone,

With the recent release of v0.7.0 to the Google Play store we are moving on to the next releases. It is time for another Andor's Trail priority survey.

To contribute is extremely simple just go to the link below and fill out the survey by rating each question on a scale of 1-5. We will use the scores each one gets to help weigh our decision on what to do next.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11V5ypy ... Q/viewform

Please only fill it out once and don't just rate everything a 5.

Thanks for your time,
Scott, Oskar, and the rest of the AT Dev Team.
Antison

Re: Andor's Trail Priority Survey 2013

Post by Antison »

Scott,

As a native English speaker, question 1 does not apply to me so why should I be forced to answer It?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Antison wrote:Scott,

As a native English speaker, question 1 does not apply to me so why should I be forced to answer It?
For the sake of simplicity we wanted to keep all answers using the same scale.

But honestly is it really that big of a deal to hypothesize for a second?:

"Hmmm... If my phone was in another language with incomplete translations. How would I feel about getting the option to just play the game in English without having to jump through the hoops of switching my whole phone OS language..." I guess I would give that a 4.

On to the next question...
Antison

Post by Antison »

sdevaney wrote:

"Hmmm... If my phone was in another language with incomplete translations. How would I feel about getting the option to just play the game in English without having to jump through the hoops of switching my whole phone OS language..." I guess I would give that a 4.

I did not want to skew the survey results. I gave it a one because i just don't care. I do care that many others will do the same and thus skew your results.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Aereas
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Aereas »

How would you like the game to be able to spawn/remove NPC's that are not in the current conversation?

I didn't really understand the implications of this question so I set it at 3.

Achievements, difficulty modes, attack stances, enhanced starter area... all great ideas.
Stompp
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stompp »

Antison wrote:
sdevaney wrote:

I did not want to skew the survey results. I gave it a one because i just don't care. I do care that many others will do the same and thus skew your results.
I did the same and I feel guilty about it... niche questions aren't fair because they'll never get a majority...
Lvl: 30, XP: 478811, Gold: gone, RoLS: 1, RoL: 0
HP: 83, AC: 246%, AD: 20-24, AP: 3/12, ECC: 23%, CM: 3, BC: 50%, DR: 0
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Filled it in and added a long remark about the most important change for AT which isn't listed, namely the combat mechanics regarding weapons, armor and hardcoded stats instead of percentage over base stats.

Thanks for asking the community to voice their strategic direction of the game, sdevaney! Appreciated a lot :-)
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Thystonius wrote:Filled it in and added a long remark about the most important change for AT which isn't listed, namely the combat mechanics regarding weapons, armor and hardcoded stats instead of percentage over base stats.

Thanks for asking the community to voice their strategic direction of the game, sdevaney! Appreciated a lot :-)
I didn't see Thy's survey comment, but I second his point about the weapon damage issue. Currently, the only thing besides special effects that makes s weapon powerful in the long run is low AP....damage is quickly dominated by your base AD stat, so more swings is always better than big swings, given equal skill points in proficiency and fighting style.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Done it.
I gave 5 only to the localization thing, which I think I was one of the first to bring up when the first translated version came out.
The sortable inventory looks attractive too.
I don't think difficulty setting is that interesting. AT is hard, sure, but that's been an important part of its philosophy so far (keep grinding !). Might help to get more people on the wagon though, but the starter area enhancements could/should fill that duty anyway, especially given the talents of the quests/maps authors (oh god, I LOVED that "green maze", both for GFX design & level design).

All the others, I don't really mind. It really depends more on how it's used in the quests/maps. I've never used one-time offense items in any games, as I prefer to rely on a dependable base character.
Also, I have to admit I didn't really understand the question about NPC spawn. If it's about having a second NPC join an active conversation ("What did you just say to my sister ?"), I'm all for it.

Once again, good job on the game, good job on the forums, and these surveys are a great idea to sum up all the ideas thrown here & there on the forums, and often repeated X times by the same people (Pry, wanna talk about Cleave again ? :D )
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by only1doug »

The NPC spawn is about quest related descions affecting more NPCs than just the one that you are dealing with.

Imagine that we had a quest involving a war between two cities, the decisions you make when dealing with each NPC could cause other NPCs to spawn or de-spawn appropriately, so that just by talking to one NPC you cause others to come into existance or cease to exist in the game.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5