Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
Posts: 1054
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 pm
android_version: 4.4
Contact:

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by sdevaney » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:13 am

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #41
2013-12-15
Present: Oskar Wiksten(oskar.wiksten), Scott Devaney(sdevaney), Stephen Stalnaker(ctnbeh13)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:
Go over previous meetings TODO’s.

2. Completed since the last meeting:
next release updates possible new animations.

3. Things that are being worked on:
Scott is working on a new mobile theme for the forums.

The "Contributing to Andor's Trail" forum topic is nearly completed and will soon be available for review, modification, and final approval. Headings/categories for all of the various methods for contributing should make the transition of relocating all previously submitted posts an easy task. ~ SCS

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:
The forum member Covenant is inquiring about, and offering to pay for a year's fee to enable a secure login to the forum. His post is located here: http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4419 ~ SCS

Follow-up regarding the last development build that might be addressed, should tie in with the following topic/thread, located here: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1100 ~ SCS

Quest & maps idea by Moerit : http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4392

Old issue brought up again : http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1100
This is about the general ergonomy of the combat system. Auto end turn after item usage when no more AP to do anything ? Make fight focus more visible/explicit ? Take care not breaking the quickness of killing foes offered by the current way ? Keep the long press shortcut ? Let user set this up through preferences ? --Zukero
TODO: Anyone with coding skills: Make the game do the check for whether to auto-end-turn check not only when you’ve completed an attack, but also after you’ve used an item.

That one seemed to gather some interest from the community : http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4391
This is about using the quickslots as more than simple shortcuts (utility belt), with AP bonus, balancing this with AP cost to assign an item to a quickslot. Skill to enable/enhance the AP bonus ? Eventually future equippable belt changing the AP bonus and/or the number of quickslots available ? --Zukero

5. Open Discussion:
Discuss and agree on what the "official" pathway should be for someone to contribute their work for consideration to be added to the game. Perhaps establishing a devteam@andorstrail.com email address is a consideration? This could be displayed only in the Developers Corner for a completed work to be submitted to. ~ SCS

Ian:
Modified map_broken_1 (the overlays) to make them look smoother.
shortcut_lodar almost finished + new small quest related to the shortcut
What do you think about Oskar’s new smoother walking project?
If an npc hits you with 0 AD, you shouldn’t get inbflicted with an actorcondition
Pause game option?
Ferry from/ to Remgard?
Bug: Hard Hit doesn’t work (create logacat output)
Actorcondition: Weakness to critical hits
Display actorconditions on npc
Setting for faster mob attacking
The shadowfang doesn’t substract -20 hp if you have got only <=20 hp left, maybe run around with 1 hp or even kill player???

New skill - Always hit, never crit.

6. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
Ian: Make “Gem of Warmth” extraordinary

Oskar:
- More tinkering with new rendering code.
- Go through Issue Tracker on Googlecode & TaskFreak (close old issues, update with new ideas)
- Merge pull requests

User avatar
Oet
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:03 pm
android_version: 4.1
Location: Sweden

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by Oet » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:56 pm

"New skill - Always hit, never crit."
Love it.
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14

User avatar
PK17
Posts: 839
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 pm
android_version: 4.0

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by PK17 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:56 pm

What even happened to the elythara questline that Stan was working on, did he fall off the grid? I thought someone was trying to finish it up but I havn't heard anything about it for a while. He had a few other quests in-the-works too. I was helping him with it here and there and would like to know if it's on hold, or scraped, or what. I've asked before but didn't get an answer.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577

ctnbeh13
VIP
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:43 pm
android_version: 6.0

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by ctnbeh13 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 pm

The last update from Meirerion, that I am aware of that may address your questions that aren't of a personal nature, such as whatever content you were colaborating on, can be found here: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 405#p35405

He last logged in to the forum on Sunday October 20th, 2013 (as of the time of this writing).

It's my opinion that there should be some reflection, reorganization, and restructuring of a fair number of issues as we get settled back into our regular daily routines, now that the new year has begun, and with the major holidays behind us.

Applications for the position of an additional forum moderator are still available for anyone to submit that may be interested, to fill a current opening (again, at the time of this writing). Please go to the following link if you are interested, to review the details of the position and submit your application for consideration: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1098
One of even fewer...

User avatar
PK17
Posts: 839
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 pm
android_version: 4.0

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by PK17 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:12 pm

I know he dissapeared, my question was whether or not someone was taking over and finishing his work or will we just let it die if he never returns? More than a few meetings ago I think I read that Oaskar, or Ian, or someone was going to finish it up, I'll have to find that post and ask there. Thanks though ctnbeh


_-_-_-_-_EDIT-_-_-_-_-
sdevaney wrote: 3. Things that are being worked on:
Priority survey results organized and posted.

Start of Winter 2013 Community VIP selections.

Elythara quest is playable! (several bugs left though)

Ian: Mt. Galmore maps are being worked on.
This is the very last mention of the Elythara questline, on 10-20-2013 in metting # 38
sdevaney wrote:
3. Things that are being worked on:
switching AT email to Gapps for a test to see what all we can benefit from the apps platform.

Russian translation at 100% ! Awesome work by dromoz and Paul Sulemenkov.

TODO: Oskar: Send Russian translator’s emails to Scott
TODO: Scott: Set up ACL on wiki so that the Russian translation guide can be handled by dromoz and Paul.

Zukero added some excellent code to make key areas use the same requirement types as we have in conversations, instead of just allowing quest progress.

Scott: Working on ‘not a spammer’ help for people’s IP who get blocked. In pre-alpha testing.

Stan working on finishing the last few parts on the Elythara quest.
That is from meeting #37 on 10-06-2013
sdevaney wrote:
3. Things that are being worked on:
Ian - new tiles (licensing issue?)

Updated screenshots for Google Play
- who wants to summarize them?

Elythara quest - Ian/Stan/Oskar??

Tom - Stoutford area

Ian - Mt. Galmore
That being #36 on 09-08-2013
sdevaney wrote:
3. Things that are being worked on:
Player survey

Elythara quest - Ian/Stan/Oskar

Stoutford & BWM realign - Tom
TODO: Tom, create list quest stages for the quests that we have planned.
TODO: Oskar: send link to name generator to Tom

Mt. Galmore - Ian

Zukero working on quest and map content.

Andor’s Trail content submission guide; generally speaking, if I could have the assistance of a forum administrator or moderator, to organize and compile all of the forum help and suggestion related topics that are sprinkled in here and there to be found under one heading, the guide itself would be much more comprehensive. Regardless, having this subset of detailed information should be extremely helpful/beneficial to all. ~ SCS

Nor City: Maps & Side Quests - Matthew
Dulien Road: A Merchant Errands (Alynndir)
Flagstone Prison: The Wife’s Locket (Narael)
Vilegard: Reaching the Dead (Wrye)
Guardhouse: Black Market (Alisharra & Rogorn)

Ghost Town: Old Duleian Road
As you could have guessed, that was #35 on 08-25-13


So my question is, is it done or scrapped? There is no other mention of it anywhere!

There was also another quest I was actually the writer of (stan was doing the hard work on it) involving ....

(Possible Spoiler Alert!)
Adding on quite a bit to the snake cave just south of Crossglen, it involved helping a man who is 'trying' to mine deep within hidden parts of the cave but cannot because of the snake master, and his mate inside the 'new section'
I'm not sure if anyone would even know besides maybe Ian, Oskar, and Scott..... So I know I'm not actually supposed to know "this and that" but I would appreciate a 'yeah it is in the works' or 'no, we scrapped that'.




Shall we discuss, the 'Freedom of AT information act of 2014'? :lol:
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577

ctnbeh13
VIP
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:43 pm
android_version: 6.0

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by ctnbeh13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:05 am

Yes, just part of what you were writing about is something that I was thinking of when I wrote about "reflection, reorganization, and restructuring". We all work somewhat at our own pace when we have the time available, but I still believe that some things (like what you've questioned) need updating and clarification.

Not to discourage participation, creativity, and expression by any forum member, but new topics and polls that are seemingly trivial in nature, but are also sometimes a duplication of a similar post that requires monitoring and merging by the forum's moderators and/or administrators, that often wouldn't exist if more familiarity with the forum's current content was a factor, is in part why I offered the reminder about a current opening for a forum moderator being available (my apologies for the run-on sentence). Aside from the forum posts themselves, there are many P.M.'s and emails that also take time and dedication to stay on top of. This is one example alone that the benefit of an additional moderator would serve, as there is a considerable amount of communication currently with the moderators and administrators with the members who are contributing in one way or another, that may not be reflected by any notice of their work in public posts.
One of even fewer...

User avatar
PK17
Posts: 839
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 pm
android_version: 4.0

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by PK17 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 am

ctnbeh13 wrote:Yes, just part of what you were writing about is something that I was thinking of when I wrote about "reflection, reorganization, and restructuring". We all work somewhat at our own pace when we have the time available, but I still believe that some things (like what you've questioned) need updating and clarification.

Not to discourage participation, creativity, and expression by any forum member, but new topics and polls that are seemingly trivial in nature, but are also sometimes a duplication of a similar post that requires monitoring and merging by the forum's moderators and/or administrators, that often wouldn't exist if more familiarity with the forum's current content was a factor, is in part why I offered the reminder about a current opening for a forum moderator being available (my apologies for the run-on sentence). Aside from the forum posts themselves, there are many P.M.'s and emails that also take time and dedication to stay on top of. This is one example alone that the benefit of an additional moderator would serve, as there is a considerable amount of communication currently with the moderators and administrators with the members who are contributing in one way or another, that may not be reflected by any notice of their work in public posts.

Are you trying to convince me of something here? ;) I thought about applying wwwwaaaaayyyy back when I first got on board, but I feel like I break the rules too much, it is also very rare that I am at my desktop and it is hard to do a lot of editing with my phone (not to mention the keyboard problems with that thing that plague me ever so). My pride wouldn't let me "half-do" it so I think I leave that to someone in a better situation to do so.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577

ctnbeh13
VIP
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:43 pm
android_version: 6.0

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by ctnbeh13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:12 am

Convince you? No. Why, whatever gave you that idea? Was it the health care coverage and stock options that peaked your curiosity? We did previously discuss that privately in a P.M. so as not to be flooded with applications due to publicly posting it in the forum, right? :? :shock:

I sympathize with your situation though. I spend the majority of my time on my smartphone rather than the laptop or workstation.
One of even fewer...

sdevaney
Site Admin
Posts: 1054
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 pm
android_version: 4.4
Contact:

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by sdevaney » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:20 am

I believe Ian has up to date Elythara quest information as he had been working on it too.

levoxrose
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 pm
android_version: 4.3

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #41

Post by levoxrose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:46 am

I know if this is an old topic but I would love to contribute and be a part of the development of this game or possibly be a forum admin. :3 oh and hello all.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests