Seeing how we aren't having regular meetings anymore, and how the last meeting's post got flooded, and how some of you asked for it, here's the new topic to subscribe to to get notified of news in the project development.
This opening post is dedicated to storing the current status since last version and the roadmap to the next version. As things move up from "roadmap" to "current status" we get closer to the release.
Beware though, as it contains spoilers.
- New maps for BWM, consistent alignment on the world map, and consistent placement between overground and underground maps.
- A simple quest allowing to open a shortcut between east Fallhaven and the Duleian road.
- New maps and associated quest to open a shortcut to Lodar's house, for those of you still getting lost in the green maze.
- A rework of the area surrounding Tozylae, so that it's harder to miss the helmet. Thanks rijackson741!
- A new quest that will take you to different places of the world, that starts in Crossglen.
- The city of Stoutford. Maps 100% done, NPCs 50% done. Quests/dialogues 65% done. Items 15% done.
- World map can now be zoomed out a lot more.
- Smooth movement and scrolling.
- Map-level color filter. Black and white, invert, dim 20%, 40%, 60%, and 80% and red, green or blue tint.
- Map filter can be changed as a dialogue/script reward.
- Ability to (de)activate spawn areas (individually) and map objects (rest areas, signposts, mapchanges... by group) from dialogue/script system.
- Deletion of the "%" symbol in the UI (Attack Chance, and Block Chance for example, aren't percentages and shouldn't be shown as such).
- Fixed Health and XP bars bug on Marshmallow
- "MISS" animation when an attack misses. Artwork could be improved, but I can't do it (or I can, but only for the worse).
- Previous parts of a conversation are now slightly greyed out.
- Dual wielding bug fix, where some stats were not applied.
- Skills list and inventory can be filtered (by category) and sorted. Thanks twirlimp!
- Shop lists can be sorted (both Buy and Sell lists). Thanks twirlimp!
- Level limit raised from 400 to 489. No change until level 400. We now reach integer overflow on level 489. Formula changed by rijackson741. Thanks!
- A round ends at the end of combat. Thanks Duvalon!
- Translations done using Weblate instead of launchpad, to which we don't have the necessary access. Anyway, Weblate is waaaaay better.
- andorstrail.com now uses https (again), and is running phpBB3.1 with responsive design.
- Comprehensive contribution guide (go to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560). Slightly outdated for content.
- Finish content for the city of Stoutford.
- Create items for merchants
- Create dialogues for commoners & merchants.
- Add a bunch (3 or more) of small quests.
- Tune (balance) monsters and items stats.
- Arulir Mountain. Mostly done, but some bug fixes and rework on traps needed. Not integrated in master branch yet.
- Fix bugs ?
- Write ATCS user manual / documentation (and keep it up to date).
- Write Content Format reference documentation (and keep it up to date).
- Update contribution guide to remove references to the old content editor, and give help and links to use ATCS.
I'll post news below, like in a developer log, but don't hesitate to comment !