v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Omicronrg9
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Thank you.Tomorrow I'll come back to ATCS.

Now I'm exploring Tiled possibilites and learning short by short the art of mapmaking.
Several questions have come up to my mind while I was creating my first map and reading the tutorials.
  • AT reads just Ground,Object,Above,Walkable,Spawn,Mapevents,Replace and Key layers as well as their _replace counterparts,or it can read any layer you put in the map?

• I've been looking the Map Editor tutorial,so I realized that there were more object types as I thought.However,has that page the whole object types or just some of them?

And finally,coming back to ATCS:
  • It's possible to add your own sprites to the drawable folder and use it for your mobs,or It's better to use predetermined ones?

That's all at the moment.Again,thank you!
Greetings.

Edit: I've solved the first problem with ATCS,but It seems It does not open with my new map added.So that means something is wrong in it? I think so...
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Omicronrg9 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:46 am Thank you.Tomorrow I'll come back to ATCS.

Now I'm exploring Tiled possibilites and learning short by short the art of mapmaking.
Several questions have come up to my mind while I was creating my first map and reading the tutorials.
  • AT reads just Ground,Object,Above,Walkable,Spawn,Mapevents,Replace and Key layers as well as their _replace counterparts,or it can read any layer you put in the map?
No, it reads only the specified layers. Adding at least an above2 layer is on the to-do list, but not before the release of 0.7.2

Omicronrg9 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:46 am
  • I've been looking the Map Editor tutorial,so I realized that there were more object types as I thought. However,has that page the whole object types or just some of them?
Yes, there are more object types than discussed in the tutorial, which is out of date. It's still useful, but it seriously needs updating. Again, releasing 0.7.2 is a higher priority though.

Omicronrg9 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:46 am And finally,coming back to ATCS:
  • It's possible to add your own sprites to the drawable folder and use it for your mobs,or It's better to use predetermined ones?
To add a spritesheet, edit the "spritesheet.properties" file located inside the Program Files (x86)\ATCS\lib\ATCS_vx.x.x.jar (open it as a zip file), and add the entry for your spritesheet. Then copy the spritesheet into the \AndorsTrail\res\drawable folder of the source code for the project.

Where does the new spritesheet come from though? To be usable within AT it must meet certain licensing requirements.

Omicronrg9 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:46 am Edit: I've solved the first problem with ATCS,but It seems It does not open with my new map added.So that means something is wrong in it? I think so...
Do you mean ATCS will not open, or that it does open, but the map is not there?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Omicronrg9

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Do you mean ATCS will not open, or that it does open, but the map is not there?
ATCS do not open with my map added to the specified folder inside of Created folder.
No, it reads only the specified layers. Adding at least an above2 layer is on the to-do list, but not before the release of 0.7.2
That's quite possible the reason why ATCS does not open...I added Above2,Object2 and Ground2 layers...Thank you.

I perfectly understand updating AT is the priority.I haven't looked,but maybe It's been like three years without one.So Y-E-A-H!
Time to update is now,and I really expect the new update (I have spoiled myself a bit more with the help of ATCS + Source :3)
Greetings!
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Omicronrg9 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:29 pm That's quite possible the reason why ATCS does not open...I added Above2,Object2 and Ground2 layers...Thank you.
I don't think so, although I might be wrong. Please post the console log. It means nothing (or very little, anyway) to me, but Zukero may be able to tell a lot from it.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Omicronrg9

Post by Omicronrg9 »

I don't think so, although I might be wrong. Please post the console log. It means nothing (or very little, anyway) to me, but Zukero may be able to tell a lot from it.
Don't worry,that was a test map so I simply erased it and now I can open ATCS without any issues.If the problem appears again I will post the console content.
Thank you.Greetings!
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

v0.6.6 released.

Due to a new change in the AT source code that allows replace areas to use all types of requirements, and not only quest progress, ATCS allows to select all kinds of requirements too. To use this, the game source must come from either the master or stoutford_tests branches on github not earlier than 2017-08-18 20:30 UTC. Commit hashes ID can be found in the opening post.
There are also a bunch of bug fixes in the TMX Map editor. mainly regarding requirements associated to Key and Replace areas.
Finally, a fix for a bug mentioned in this thread, that caused a failure to start ATCS when a project has a quest that has no steps.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Omicronrg9

Post by Omicronrg9 »

New problems have appeared trying to open ATCS
Console content:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "30.9982"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at tiled.io.TMXMapReader.getAttribute(TMXMapReader.java:179)
        at tiled.io.TMXMapReader.readMapObject(TMXMapReader.java:437)
        at tiled.io.TMXMapReader.unmarshalObjectGroup(TMXMapReader.java:566)
        at tiled.io.TMXMapReader.buildMap(TMXMapReader.java:785)
        at tiled.io.TMXMapReader.unmarshal(TMXMapReader.java:836)
        at tiled.io.TMXMapReader.readMap(TMXMapReader.java:857)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.maps.TMXMap.parse(TMXMap.java:80)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.maps.TMXMap.link(TMXMap.java:317)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Project.linkAll(Project.java:279)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Project.refreshTransients(Project.j
ava:255)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Project.fromFolder(Project.java:218
)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Workspace.refreshTransients(Workspa
ce.java:249)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Workspace.setActive(Workspace.java:
83)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.ATContentStudio$1$1.run(ATContentStudio.j
ava:93)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.ui.WorkerDialog$1.run(WorkerDialog.java:4
7)
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.maps.TMXMap.parse(TMXMap.java:93)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.maps.TMXMap.link(TMXMap.java:317)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Project.linkAll(Project.java:279)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Project.refreshTransients(Project.j
ava:255)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Project.fromFolder(Project.java:218
)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Workspace.refreshTransients(Workspa
ce.java:249)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.Workspace.setActive(Workspace.java:
83)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.ATContentStudio$1$1.run(ATContentStudio.j
ava:93)
        at com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.ui.WorkerDialog$1.run(WorkerDialog.java:4
7)
I believe is something related with a map I've created/edited...
Greetings!
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Copy all (assuming there's more than one) of your maps to a different folder, and see if ATCS opens. If it does, copy the maps back one at a time until you find the problem map. Then PM me.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

You have in your map a map object that has a width of 30.9982. It must be an integer, and a multiple of 32, so I think you should replace this by 32.
I don't know how this value appeared though.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

In Tiled, go to "View", "snapping", and select "snap to grid". Then take each edge of each key, replace, and mapevent, and drag it so that it moves, then move it back. One of those is not the correct size, but I'm not sure which, because I changed all of them (maybe it's more than one).

IMO, it's better to add all mapevents, replace, keys, etc, in ATCS, because you can only do what is permitted and accepted by ATCS (and AT). Only use Tiled to draw the map itself.