v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

new maps

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: new maps

Post by Tomcat »

Ian wrote:I'm sorry but I don't understand the last sentence. (Perhaps that theme could extend throughout).
I mean that the use of zigzag paths all through the Mount Galmore area, to unify it visually.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Tomcat wrote:
Ian wrote:I'm sorry but I don't understand the last sentence. (Perhaps that theme could extend throughout).
I mean that the use of zigzag paths all through the Mount Galmore area, to unify it visually.
Thanks for the clarification! I'll continue with these zigzag paths.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
tiaan23
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by tiaan23 »

When is the next update release date ?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

tiaan23 wrote:When is the next update release date ?

this is not a commercial product. it's a collection of people in their spare time building a great game.
there are no deadlines, hence no release date.

you are always welcome to help. all the help gets releases out faster.
thanks for asking

"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Ian

Post by Ian »

Welcome back to the new maps topic!! :)

Right now, I'm finally working again at the Mt. Galmore project. YAY!

Now, I'm looking for ideas to draw some further regions of the mountain(I've already drawn some maps):

I've just been looking for some information in-game referring to Mt. Galmore:
Nomcar (The heartsteel-smith in Fallhaven): "Undertell (A place of or near Mt. Galmore), pit of the lost souls; head to Mt. Galmore and enter the caverns of dwarves. Follow the horrid smell that comes out of here.

So, I'm interpreting this quotation like this:
Undertell, the location where you can find the liches which drop the heartstone, is maybe a canyon. The way to Undertell goes through some caverns/ mines inhabited by dwarves. Maybe this place has been overran by monsters some time ago (horrid smell), but some dwarves are still living somewhere in these caverns.

Do you think, that would be okay as first idea for Undertell and the way leading to it?

A long while ago I posted many ideas for maps in this topic people in the forum had.

I'll definitely implement these ideas for Mt. Galmore:
-canyon
-swamp
-short and long path
-dwarf settlement/ mine
-rebellions camp
-mage house
-LOTS of traps :twisted:

Do you have any other wishes/ thoughts/ ideas?
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Ian wrote:Welcome back to the new maps topic!! :)

Right now, I'm finally working again at the Mt. Galmore project. YAY!

Now, I'm looking for ideas to draw some further regions of the mountain(I've already drawn some maps):

I've just been looking for some information in-game referring to Mt. Galmore:
Nomcar (The heartsteel-smith in Fallhaven): "Undertell (A place of or near Mt. Galmore), pit of the lost souls; head to Mt. Galmore and enter the caverns of dwarves. Follow the horrid smell that comes out of here.

So, I'm interpreting this quotation like this:
Undertell, the location where you can find the liches which drop the heartstone, is maybe a canyon. The way to Undertell goes through some caverns/ mines inhabited by dwarves. Maybe this place has been overran by monsters some time ago (horrid smell), but some dwarves are still living somewhere in these caverns.

Do you think, that would be okay as first idea for Undertell and the way leading to it?

A long while ago I posted many ideas for maps in this topic people in the forum had.

I'll definitely implement these ideas for Mt. Galmore:
-canyon
-swamp
-short and long path
-dwarf settlement/ mine
-rebellions camp
-mage house
-LOTS of traps :twisted:

Do you have any other wishes/ thoughts/ ideas?
landslide and trapdoors... cannot go back... need to find another route
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Ian

Post by Ian »

Sarumar wrote:landslide and trapdoors... cannot go back... need to find another route
Oh, good point! Luckily, I can implement that due to the new interactive tiles feature. (I just like it so much :D.)
Ian

Post by Ian »

First look of the Mt. Galmore area (Most trees and stones are missing):

Warning: Big picture!
mt. galmore overview map1.png
Some explanations:
On top of the map is Flagstone. After that, I created a long path through a forest to prevent overlapping maps (e.g. Sullengard is in the same area). Then, the first canyons can be seen. (Maybe they are one of the connections to Undertell). To the right, the swamp begins and even more to the east, I drew a lake on which you can find the mage house (will become more creepy and look more like magic.) More at the bottom, I'll draw a dried-out landscape leading to the caverns of dwarves.

Um, what about a troll-cave? ;) As you enter it, you fall into a trap it's very hard to get out because of ambushes and more traps. Trololol... ;)

Any improvements/ thoughts?

Looking forward to releasing this region! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Oh, and I forgot to mention a ruined castle as plan for Mt. Galmore.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

This looks excellent so far Ian, I especially like the southernmost maps in the mountain and lake areas...

Also, the "sandstone like" mountains and cliffs look very fluid, that must have taken quite some time.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577