Tweaking the GUI...

Discussions of the development process of the game.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: Tweaking the GUI...

Post by phydeaux »

Btw, I think the gravity is a callout to the os to get device orientation information... I think. Only got a chance to glance at the source
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Might do some good to read over the documentation if you haven't already: http://developer.android.com/guide/topi ... rview.html
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

I see what you guys are doing, you're trying to turn me into another AT coder :P

Thanks for the link though. I will have to read up on that later.

The closest thing I have come to what I want is the status bar is still on the bottom, combat bar appears on top of that, and the combat dialog show on top of the combat bar now...still not quite right, but I am unable to keep the visible propery to on for the combat bar and it still load properly. I have even went through the code for the combat bar and commented out everything that messes with turning it invisible or gone just to have it remain fixed, yet it will still disapear, which means it is being called in the code somewhere else.

I believe the reason I am unable to get the combat bar to nest properly under the status bar is because the program must have something fixed on the screen edges for it to still load correctly. However, not even nesting these 3 elements in another container has worked...I tried too many combinations to remember exactly what the problem was with that though.

Oh well, it was worth a shot anyways...saw a few other things along the way I believe I might try to mess around with to see what I might be able to work into a test copy.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: You know Coding would make a great additional sub-forum to have for people to get help with programming issues for AT...hint...hint :idea: :idea: :idea: