v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha version of v0.6.12 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: 6.12 alpha bugs

Post by Sarumar »

mxman35a wrote:What I have found is when I was walking from loneford to the guard station (through the farms) I entered the guardstation page from the north ( farthest left of the farms then straight down) instantly I was booted from the game when I turned it back on I was back in lone ford... tried it again without the same response (not sure if I walked in my exact footsteps)

Then when I entered fallhaven from the west it just completely started glitching on me grass tiles went black when u try moving everything starts doubling and just becomes an utter blur stays that way even after i left fallhaven turned it after for the day and when I turned it back on it was good but anywhere I first visited when it was completely messed up when I go to the map it shows the grass as black....

Then the same thing happen again just east of fallhaven not even to the foaming tavern (sorry if I named that wrong couldn't remember exact name)

Thanks for your bug report and Welcom on the board !

I suffer samekind problem... :(

Can you plese help whith this issue and post more information; phone model, android version and it is you's phone rooted or not. Hopefully devs can find cure on this one... this one really suck :(

(moderator's will soon moved this topick and merged in to ... alpha 0.6.12....)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: 6.12 alpha bugs

Post by Pyrizzle »

mxman35a wrote:What I have found is when I was walking from loneford to the guard station (through the farms) I entered the guardstation page from the north ( farthest left of the farms then straight down) instantly I was booted from the game when I turned it back on I was back in lone ford... tried it again without the same response (not sure if I walked in my exact footsteps)

Then when I entered fallhaven from the west it just completely started glitching on me grass tiles went black when u try moving everything starts doubling and just becomes an utter blur stays that way even after i left fallhaven turned it after for the day and when I turned it back on it was good but anywhere I first visited when it was completely messed up when I go to the map it shows the grass as black....

Then the same thing happen again just east of fallhaven not even to the foaming tavern (sorry if I named that wrong couldn't remember exact name)
Is the spot that the game keeps bringing you back to when it reloads the last place you had saved at?

Are you able to reproduce this bug another time (is it repeatable)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Re: Alpha version of v0.6.12 available

Post by Kruncha »

I think the new map feature should be placed on the sdcard using the no media feature, it's a bit annoying that they're in my photos. Other than that, it is all working well here: HTC Sensation XE on android 4.0.3.

I did remove the game and all saves before trying the new one, is it worth me trying it over the top of the old one for feedback purposes?

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Kruncha wrote:I think the new map feature should be placed on the sdcard using the no media feature, it's a bit annoying that they're in my photos. Other than that, it is all working well here: HTC Sensation XE on android 4.0.3.

I did remove the game and all saves before trying the new one, is it worth me trying it over the top of the old one for feedback purposes?

K.
Mine are in the andorstrail folder in the worldmap folder in the sdcard
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Kruncha

Post by Kruncha »

tek wrote:
Kruncha wrote:I think the new map feature should be placed on the sdcard using the no media feature, it's a bit annoying that they're in my photos. Other than that, it is all working well here: HTC Sensation XE on android 4.0.3.

K.
Mine are in the andorstrail folder in the worldmap folder in the sdcard
yeah, so are mine. I just mean that they show up in my gallery, when i'd prefer them not to.

K.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i was aware of the possible issue for people,
and this is what I'd found...

Code: Select all

Using any file explorer/manager application, 
navigate to the directory that you want hidden and create an empty file titled “.nomedia”.

One way to do so is to:

Copy an existing text (.txt) or even an image (.jpg/.png) file to said directory,
        Open it in a text editor (hold down on the file and select the appropriate option from the context menu that appears),
        Delete its contents (hold down on the text, Select all and Delete), save changes and exit,
        Rename it to “.nomedia” (hold down on the file again and select Rename from its context menu).

This method disables media scanning on the chosen directory, causing the Gallery to skip the directory altogether at launch.
[android is pretty aggressive when adding things to your gallery]
[i assume they think you want "everything" on your SD in there - if possible]

that should stop the maps from appearing in your devices photo gallery...
and best of luck to you!

:D[/b]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Kruncha

Post by Kruncha »

nyktos wrote:i was aware of the possible issue for people,
and this is what I'd found...

Code: Select all

Using any file explorer/manager application, 
navigate to the directory that you want hidden and create an empty file titled “.nomedia”.

One way to do so is to:

Copy an existing text (.txt) or even an image (.jpg/.png) file to said directory,
        Open it in a text editor (hold down on the file and select the appropriate option from the context menu that appears),
        Delete its contents (hold down on the text, Select all and Delete), save changes and exit,
        Rename it to “.nomedia” (hold down on the file again and select Rename from its context menu).

This method disables media scanning on the chosen directory, causing the Gallery to skip the directory altogether at launch.
[android is pretty aggressive when adding things to your gallery]
[i assume they think you want "everything" on your SD in there - if possible]

that should stop the maps from appearing in your devices photo gallery...
and best of luck to you!

:D[/b]
Cheers, but i'm aware of that (single men my age usually are :shock: ). I just thought it might be nice if the game did it itself. It just seems wierd having parts of a game bleeding out into your phone. It's a thought for when it's released proper, people don't want 100+ maps of Andor's Trail appearing in their slide shows :lol:

K.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

New Alpha release means one thing:

New build time! XD

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Kruncha wrote:
Cheers, but i'm aware of that (single men my age usually are :shock: ). I just thought it might be nice if the game did it itself. It just seems wierd having parts of a game bleeding out into your phone. It's a thought for when it's released proper, people don't want 100+ maps of Andor's Trail appearing in their slide shows :lol:

K.
that is a really good point,
i want to suggest possibly defaulting this "off" at the meeting tomorrow...
great posting guys - keep it up!

:D

[like the fans need encouragement?!]

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Kruncha

Post by Kruncha »

nyktos wrote:
Kruncha wrote:

K.
that is a really good point,
i want to suggest possibly defaulting this "off" at the meeting tomorrow...
great posting guys - keep it up!

:D

[like the fans need encouragement?!]

:lol:
Cheers, and yes, no encouragement needed :D

K.